It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am not going to be surprised if these reactors blow, leak or what have you. If you guys can you need to try to go see some of the new footage coming out of Japan. It looks like Atlantis, before she sank..

www.fox.com

www.cnn.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

always use that site. seems very reliable.

anyway there is now reports coming in of another seperate plant having difficulty with cooling reactors.

link   
reply to post by Bicent76

double
edit on 11-3-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Greyling2012
reply to post by cabuki

Not sure, but it doesn't sound good. NHK just showed a bus arriving alongside another stationary buss at the power plant... I hope this is just a precaution and they aren't cutting and running. :/

Well they wouldn't be exposed to fatal doses of radiation, unless the core/rods have actually been exposed by damage from the Tsunami that were not being told of. Looking here it seems the plant is right along the coast, and if you bring up a map of Japan. this is slap-bang in the Tsunami 'ground-zero.'

static.guim.co.uk...

The media pictures are deceptive in making us think this is somewhere else unaffected and likely edited video footage from previous years.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i can't believe this fox is still STILL reporting this quake as 8.9 and
STRESSING offshore i am so not listening to them shills anymore

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just heard that the nuclear plant is running on batteries because the genarator is gone,and if the batteries don't hold up then to cool down the reactor,boy not good news at all

link   
BBC just reported that a second installation is reporting cooling failure,and say that possible radiation levels are likely to be 1000 times above safe levels if they have to release pressure.
Earlier they did report that US was sending teams to assist with cooling prob.
Pressure is stable but rising in containment vessel.

link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I am not going to be surprised if these reactors blow, leak or what have you. If you guys can you need to try to go see some of the new footage coming out of Japan. It looks like Atlantis, before she sank..

www.fox.com

www.cnn.com

have to agree there. the place where the fukushima nuke plant is located destroyed. its in bites and fires breaking out all over it.

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Is the coastline permanently changed? How do they know this?

link   
Does anyone realize if one of those reactors go and end up going, how that will disrupt and put an end to finding survivors in that radius?

This is going to get bad, hopefully everything gets under control, but with how they keep updating and vaguely saying, it seems they are stalling and not giving all the info available.

link   
TOKYO (AP) — Japan's massive earthquake caused a power outage that disabled a nuclear reactor's cooling system, triggering evacuation orders for about 3,000 residents as the government declared its first-ever state of emergency at a nuclear plant.
Japan's nuclear safety agency said pressure inside one of six boiling water reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi plant had risen to 1.5 times the level considered normal. Hours after the evacuation order, the government announced that the plant in northeastern Japan will release slightly radioactive vapor from the unit to lower the pressure in an effort to protect it from a possible meltdown.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said the amount of radioactive element in the vapor would be "very small" and would not affect the environment or human health. "With evacuation in place and the ocean-bound wind, we can ensure the safety," he said at a televised news conference early Saturday.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
these aftershocks are not slowing people !

5.3 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 12 8:42am at epicenter (17m ago, 264km ENE of Iwaki, depth 27k… j.mp...

link   
I am not sure, but if melted core of reactor gets in touch with water.. the it all goes in one relatively big BOOM

In Chernobyl they had to draw water from tanks under the reactor. If they had not done this, Europe would not be habitable, supposedly. I watched this in documentary about Chernobyl disaster, you can find it on youtube.

link   
A map of nuclear reactors in Japan:

link   
something eclipsed the sun in front of the newer SOL cam at sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
at about the same time as the EQ(8.9) i took this screenshot at 02:50(EST) -the time on the images
was 07:15(UTC) -by 07:30(UTC) they were normal again,all of the images except for top right were eclipsed like this
on that page.

i am not sure how to find archives from this website
nor am i going to make my head hurt trying to analyze these time differences UTC-vs.-EST-vs.-japan time(help)

i got just a screen shot (i might be able to find originals in temp. folders?)
(not sure where to look -google chrome on win7?)

i will also post this on the X class flare thread shortly but i felt it was very relevant due to the time and activity of SOL

i100.photobucket.com...

edit on 11/3/11 by 1kftabove because: resize img

edit on 11/3/11 by 1kftabove because: resize img

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

i would guess it is obvious just heard it reported 10 min ago

link   
How likely is it that the power plant will have restored power by the time the backup generator runs out? We can only assume the generator has less than 48 hours left, most likely less than 24.

link   
Sorry it seems US have not responded since Japan have turned down offer saying they will deal themselves

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1kftabove

That would explain why no one can access solarcycle24.com.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi all,

This is my first post on ATS, has been very interesting getting everyone's thoughts on the ongoing EQ`s present in are seemingly fragile earth. Do we have a number of how many EQ`s actually hit today 11-03-2011

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join