It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

our forces and aid is so spread out everywhere !

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretSky
reply to post by the.lights

The effect would likely be pretty small - you're right, check this article:

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks!! That's how I understood it to be. Glad I was right.

link   
Hmmm Flu Tracker is now posting How Protect Yourself in a Nuclear Blast for Japan

Look through the tweet list...

twitter.com...

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
in that live stream from fox since daylight its showing communities
all destroyed but no people anywhere and the commentator says 100's
of thousands populated that area where are they ?
edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

They have been edited out. I noticed this as well, with the 'whirlpool' video. I watched it from one source, and you could clearly see bodies in the water. The newer videos of it show nothing of the sort.

link   
HOW MANY TSUNAMI'S CAN THESE PLACE GET!

Widespread Tsunami Warning is in Effect (Pacific): a tsunami warning is in effect for japan/russia/mexico/fr. polynesia/… j.mp...

this is new one triggerd by a 4.8
edit on 11-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

link   
2239: Japanese nuclear safety officials have said the problems at the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power plant represent "no immediate health hazard" to people living nearby. Some 45,000 people living within a 10km (6-mile) radius of the plant were told to evacuate as radiation levels rose to 1,000 times above normal in one reactor

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
WOW! Less than 1 day, 110 pages and 400+ flags. That's amazing!

On another note, it's sort of refreshing to turn on the news and have them actually reporting and not whining or pointing the finger. Or spewing out propaganda.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Itf the TSA body scanners are harmful, I would assume that 1000 times a radiation leak would be a bit more harmful.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Not sure, but it doesn't sound good. NHK just showed a bus arriving alongside another stationary buss at the power plant... I hope this is just a precaution and they aren't cutting and running. :/

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
WOW! Less than 1 day, 110 pages and 400+ flags. That's amazing!

On another note, it's sort of refreshing to turn on the news and have them actually reporting and not whining or pointing the finger. Or spewing out propaganda.

i will take the propaganda anyday over this doom everywhere and this aweful tragedy!

link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That's sort of interesting that they're posting advice for what to do when an atomic weapon goes off. I mean, if one of the reactors melted down, it wouldn't be necessary to look away from the blast to avoid damage to eyesight.

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what happens when a nuclear reactor melts down!

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Well, that's not really what i meant. It's terrible, but it was just an observation.

link   
Now there are 3 reactors with malfunctions. WTF!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not sure if this has hit the thread yet...

Five people washed away on US coast

link   
fox reporting temp at plant has lost control although they say noone is under imminet danger ?? even the reporter finds that confliting

link   
If there is any chance of a spread to make it branch out I guess is what Im trying to ask?

Nope. It's already bad enough as it is though. (edit, apparently I'm wrong, but at least one person has said that it'd be nowhere near as bas as Chernobyl.) Japan is such a small country with a massive population and this could cause serious damage. Still sat here hoping they manage to sort it out, and have no idea why they haven't managed to actually get it under control yet. I know the country has been hammered, but I thought enough support would've arrived to have this sorted out.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

bad enough.... I cant image what they are going through right now and all the footage/postings are filling me in on the updates there.

Im sorry

If something should happen in addition that could make it spread I want to know what it is and how far it could reach.

thank you for explaining and pointing out the chernoble event to me...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Best news day ever? I bet the CEOs over at CNN and FOX are in ecstasy right about now. There is so much doom, death, and destruction going on around the world I can hardly keep track of it all. ITS THE END!!! (no.)

link   
reply to post by octotom

I don´t think they explode like nuclear bombs or do they?

link   

HOW MANY TSUNAMI'S CAN THESE PLACE GET!

I could imagine that they simply have a tsunami warning up due to the shear amount of aftershocks that are going on. You know, to just keep it in people's minds or something.

link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Well, that's not really what i meant. It's terrible, but it was just an observation.
i gotcha, however they are still talking about the econemy and wi like 30 min of every hour

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join