It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

Originally posted by csulli456

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
look at my post above people new 6.5 triggers new tsunami link above

Where is your link? I saw your post but no link. Forgive me if I am mistaken but can you please post a link to this supposed new tsunami?

here you go

Widespread Tsunami Warning is in Effect (Pacific): a tsunami warning is in effect for japan/russia/indonesia/papua new g… j.mp...

Thank you for your reply.
I did see this post.
I believe this is the original tunami warning and nothing new.
It refers to the 8.9 earthquake so I don`t believe this is anything new.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Does anyone know all the possibile scenarios of what differents things might come from the N plants on a worst case basis.

For example how far out could the worst disaster reach and what to expect in destruction as it travels its route?

Im not aware of how these plants operate and risks that they might create. Any info on this is greatly appreciated.

I am so sorry to everyone feeling the effects of this! No one should ever have to experience anything like this.

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yeah they mentioned hurricane a few times too, I think they are just fubbing their lines because we're so used to reporting about hurricanes and the Gulf Coast here in the United States.

link   
this is so devastating mindblowing and the breaking news is getting
no better.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
While looking at video of several damaged areas and noticing that some hi-rise buildings show clear evidence of the water having reached the 3rd story, an NHK reporter was speculating that they aren't sure if the remaining water (still fairly deep in some areas - many feet, from what I can tell) was being held in place by the tide still being high, or if the land actually sank! Can you imagine the implications if some of these densely populated areas couldn't even be rebuilt because they were now below sea level? Space is so limited in Japan that this would surely compound the economic impact and make rebuilding impossible or very difficult in some areas. The whole world is going to have to help Japan with this mess. So tragic and sad.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Brianegan

The worst thing is a meltdown. A meltdown would cause more damage then Tschernobyl.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Radation 1000 times higher than normal detected at plant.

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Bad link

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here are some news clips from midday UK time from sky and bbc news.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
BBC reporter says in the last few minutes,the Japanese government have issued an evacuation warning for a 6 mile radius around the stricken nuclear reactor!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

i do not think this is going to end well.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Has anyone heard about the volcano erupting in Japan? I saw pictures that showed it was erupting due to the quake??? Anyone have any news on that? Never mind I just did some searching and found out it was 6 hours before the Quake:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-3-2011 by pmbhuntress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

haven't heard of that and i am subcribed to every news feed on twitter
plus listening to news on xm.

link   

Originally posted by KewlDaddyFatty
reply to post by Red Cloak

Bad link

You have to log in. This is what it says for those that don't have an account.

By Katy Burne

Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--The earthquake that struck Japan on Friday may affect more than $1.5 billion of specialized securities called natural catastrophe bonds, leaving investors scurrying to determine their potential losses. Reinsurers use the securities, known as "cat bonds," to transfer risk from their own portfolios into the capital markets. In exchange for regular payments over the life of the bond, investors risk losing part or all of their initial investment if a specified natural disaster occurs. "I don't think anyone knows the potential loss yet," said one investor, noting it would be days before loss estimates filter through. "Nothing's trading," he added. The quake struck about 40 to 50 miles off the coast of Honshu, causing tsunami waves of up to 30 feet and severe tremors down the coast. The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake had a moment magnitude of 9.1, revised from an earlier 8.9 estimate, and said it was the largest quake in Japan since record keeping began.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

It looks pretty ominous!

The original evacuation order was for 3 mile radius,now they have double that!

Thoughts with the brave crews who are trying to bring the reactor back under control!

link   
New aerials of damage left from multiple earthquakes and tsunamis in Japan. Live: on.cnn.com...

link   
SpaceWeather and 3D-Sun is reporting that Northern Lights invaded down into the US on the 10th. This means that more particles were penetrating our natural magnetic defenses. I can't help but wonder what inducing affect this might have had to spur on this quake (not that it wasn't completely normal, albeit rare, by all other standards). I'm wondering what other particles/energy might be flowing along with the CME plasma (perhaps that we can't detect yet)? Just speculating here, but I do believe everything is connected to some degree.

SpaceWeather.com

edit on 11-3-2011 by Greyling2012 because: Added link for ref.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
if they don't get that nuclear plant under control and it goes total meltdown wouldn't it affect more than a 6 mile radius?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

Not just one but three.
And almost at the same time.
www.theweatherspace.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Exactly 100 square miles.

new topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>