It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wonderful news!! Ats is truly proving to be an amazing experience!
Thanks again for answering my post!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Not that points matter to me (seriously they don't) but for some reason I can not see them under my picture (or any other's). I also don't see signatures or the option way above/ignore? Where is the problem? Is it on my machine?

edited: I just saw that the site is being redesigned, so that must be the reason...Btw, good lluck with the new look

[edit on 18-7-2005 by Malkut]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Not that points matter to me (seriously they don't) but for some reason I can not see them under my picture (or any other's). I also don't see signatures or the option way above/ignore? Where is the problem? Is it on my machine?

We are on low bandwidth at the moment, So points and Sigs are not visable at the moment,

Its only for a short time and then things will be back to normal.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
ATS is on Low-Bandwidth mode at the moment.
That is why you do not see the points. Once the number of visitors etc goes down, I am sure that the admins will go back to normal. Don't worry, you are still getting your points, you just don't have the fancy bar

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
why cant i see the link i've added to a reply? i've double checked it and it seems ok e.g. here

[edit on 24-7-2005 by Ernold Same]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How do you get the custom status to work?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The Writer, Fighter, Scholar member titles are earned by participation in restricted sections of the board. You can learn more by clicking the following link.

ABOUT ATS: "Writer-Fighter-Scholar" user titles

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
After talking to Gools I'm surprise I didn't see this thread.This should be a sticky thread!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
After talking to Gools I'm surprise I didn't see this thread.This should be a sticky thread!!!!!!!

It is now.

I've moved it to the Freshman's Forum so all new members can find it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I got some questions:
1.On BTS there's a "interesting websites" forum,so i wondered if it's for anything that's not conspiracy related only.Can we put conspiracy related websites on there as well?

2.Also I noticed members can put smileys in their u2u messages.How do you do that?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I got some questions:
1.On BTS there's a "interesting websites" forum,so i wondered if it's for anything that's not conspiracy related only.Can we put conspiracy related websites on there as well?

Sure. It's for ALL interesting web sites. Some might have great graphics, photos, excellent code, good jokes, interesting conspiracy stuff...whatever.

2.Also I noticed members can put smileys in their u2u messages.How do you do that?

Just by typing the code. When you click a smiley in a post, it enters a : and a P for example to make
. Once you learn them, you can put them into u2u's by just typing.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
3 more:
1.Is it ok to link other conspiracy discussion boards to this site as well?Or is that bad for business?

2.How many male & female staff members are there?I already know these staffs.

3 Amigos-males
asala-female
mrwupy-male

3.Is something wrong with the BBcode?I can't use it still?

[edit on 21-11-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
2 more questions if you don't mind:

4.I noticed that inactive members can lose ALL of their points if they're inactive for too long,is this true?Can we fix it?

5.Can scholars,fighters,& writers use the edit button longer than regular members(similar to the staff members using the edit button anytime they want)?

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

2.How many male & female staff members are there?I already know these staffs.

3 Amigos-males
asala-female
mrwupy-male

Correct me if I am wrong, but I'll take a stab at it for you.

Admin - 5 Males
Super Mods - 5 Females & 9 Males
Mods - 2 Female & 24 Males

Alien, for Super Mods, I am not sure of. But I've grouped as a Male. For the Mods, I'm not sure about pineappleupsidedown, but I've grouped as a female.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

3.Is something wrong with the BBcode?I can't use it still?

The only thing wrong with the bb code, is that you cannot use apostrophes within the bb code tags. Example:

This isn't going to show up red If you need to use a word such as "is'nt", use "is not" instead, or just "isnt"

This will be red

Any particular problem you are having with the bb code?? Or does this solve the problem?

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Any particular problem you are having with the bb code?? Or does this solve the problem?

It solved the problem

People might notice me as the one abusing the bbcode so many times and the person who uses more colors than others!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
How can you earn points, I haven't been on ATS for a bit (actually for a really long time) and I just found out that you don't earn points for tagging.

Danica

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_gymnast004
How can you earn points,

Well first of all, welcome back to ATS!

You might find this informative, regarding the points system:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I just made this because a lot of people have been asking these questions latley and it might help them out.

Q. Why am I logged out when I click the Site Home button/link to ATS?

A. You are not logged out. The Site Home button or the Link to ATS is taking you to the homepage where the most flagged/popular/staff picked threads are shown. Once you click any button, like the Board Home button, or the Recent Post button it will show you as logged in.

Q. Why do I have negative ATS/BTS/PTS points?

A. There are a few ways this can happen.

1) You have received a warning which took away more points then you had.

or the more common one.

2) You bought something from the ATS Store and bought it using Combined Points, which means it takes an equal amount of points from your ATS, BTS, and PTS point totals.

ex. You have 30 ATS points 10 BTS and 10 PTS.

You buy something for 45 points using combined points and it takes away 15 points from each, leaving you with 15 ATS, -5 BTS and -5 PTS points.

Q. What happened to the Views Column?

A. From the Admin himself...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

In reality, the "views" tracking is indeed an item that is a "luxury" and was beginning to introduce some problems.

As most people who work with high-volume technology are aware, simple database writes can often take up to four times the processor cycles as read queries, even read queries that touch on more data than a simple one-column update write... such as incrementing the view counter for a thread.

I ran a test by removing the view increment for guests, and db server load immediately decreased... so now it's implemented across all sites and we're no longer tracking views. You may notice other very large boards have adopted a similar approach.

The issue of incrementing a view-tally on every page load is not an issue on small-traffic and/or small-size sites. But as our threads table continues to grow in size with more than 262,000 topics, it has become an increasingly processor-heavy operation to open the large table, read the current views, write the views+1, then close the large table each time a thread is viewed. Now consider that our threads are getting close to 200,000 views a day, and you start to see our problem.

So, now that we're not incrementing a view-counter, views are no longer shown.

Thats all the Q and A's I could think of right now.

enjoies

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have a question about one of the rules. I just want to get clarification now so that I can be sure that I don't break the rule and I like to be careful. The rules say that I have to be a contributing member for at least sixty days before I am allowed to advertise my personal site. I want to know exactly what advertise means in this context. Obviously I don't intend to spam around my url.

But I have linked to it from my profile and mentioned it in my intro post.

This advertise does that just mean not linking to it in my signature until I've been a contributing member for that long?

My site is conspiracy related, among other topics that are relevant to this board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join