It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD

But I have linked to it from my profile and mentioned it in my intro post.

See below.

This advertise does that just mean not linking to it in my signature until I've been a contributing member for that long?

That was the intended purpose I believe, at the time that rule was introduced.

As the Member Profile page did not exist at that time, you may want to use the "Complain/Suggestion" form, to ask for clarification.

There is a link at the bottom of your post marked "ALERT" (should be the last in the row of buttons there). That link directs you to the "Complain/Suggestion" form.

2 cents.

Mechanic 32

edit for clarity.

[edit on 6/4/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Can you tell me how to do a link from youtube. I forgot how to do it and I don't understand when it asks me for the "number". Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Okay I tried it here and it works. Film removed.

[edit on 8-7-2007 by wigit]

[edit on 8-7-2007 by wigit

[edit on 8-7-2007 by wigit]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Can someone explain the stars above the date and time of a post and right of the member's name? I started a thread that received just two replies, yet six stars are lit next to my name. I looked around the site pretty well, but couldn't find an explanation.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
edit...Nevermind about that thread...it has changed since then...

Basically, if you think someone posted a post that you think was good you can give it a Star. It doesn't do anything to the poster except show them that someone else thought their post was good.

So if you got 6 stars then six members thought your post was a good one.

[edit on 29/7/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
edit...Nevermind about that thread...it has changed since then...

Basically, if you think someone posted a post that you think was good you can give it a Star. It doesn't do anything to the poster except show them that someone else thought their post was good.

So if you got 6 stars then six members thought your post was a good one.

[edit on 29/7/2007 by enjoies05]

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe it was like a Subway Sub card, where when they punch ten stars into it, you get a free sub. I was hoping if you got ten stars maybe you got a free off topic post, or maybe you could swear or insult someone

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No, it doesn't give you a free insult.

But that would be fun

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am sure this is discussed someplace else but I haven't been able to find it. What does the bar (and its different colors) under your points mean? I just had a green one added underneath my points.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi. I noticed I now have 1 "Applause". How can i find what exactly was applaused/where/ and by who? Please help...oh and it looks like the question above mine is still unanswered as well...Peace

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If you have gotten an Applause you should have gotten a U2U saying you got an Applause, followed by the Staff person who gave you it, followed by the post it was for.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
hey im sorry if this has been asked but is there a way to change my display name with out creating a new account?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

Nope,

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Is there any way to take off the mini-profile background? Mine is really bothering me and I just bought a new color and want the background off.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What is the actual width of the background image?

Recently i had i very large and costly mishap when i was using a background image that was a certain width. The image was 163 pixels in width. When i uploaded it too the background image feature it resized, and became very distorted. The handbook says the maximum size is 180 pixels wide, but the actual size, without distorting is much less(i can tell.)

So how many pixels wide is the background without having to resize?

Ive checked all areas of information with to prevail.. Please help!

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Paresthesia

Delete the file from your ats upload space and you will be the winnar.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I am sure this is discussed someplace else but I haven't been able to find it. What does the bar (and its different colors) under your points mean? I just had a green one added underneath my points.

applesauce.. err applause.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AFX237

180px works fine imao

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Great place you have here!

Question: When a reply is made to my post in a thread am I notified somehow? Conversely, if I reply to a poster in a thread how is that person notified? Reason...when you are posting in multiple threads, especially fast moving ones, it would be easy to miss a direct reply from someone to something you had posted. Actually, it is more likely in a thread that floats off the recent posts list now that I think about it. Anyway, this feature helps avert unintentional rudness by not reading/responding to a response.

I have seen this feature in other forums and it was extremely helpful....have I just overlooked this feature here somehow? I read through the FAQs and this thread but haven't seen info on this. Thanks for the help and again.....amazing place, amazing members, amazing topics! Love what you have done with the place.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Nope.

ATS is close to having 3 million posts and just the other day we set a record of over 4700 posts/day. Imagine the number of notifications that would have to be sent out and the bandwidth required.

You can track threads you are interested in by using the subscribe feature.

When you reply to a thread you are automatically subscribed to it.

When you start a new thread (for some reason this does not auto-subscribe you - only replying does) or just read a thread and want to keep track of it just click on "subscribe" right under the flag button. Then, clicking on the "myATS" button will show you not only your subscribed forums but on the right side of the screen you will see your subscribed threads in decreasing order of recent activity.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 1/31/2008 by Gools]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Why did my BTS points went negative after buying a mini-profile background color? (I've never been to BTS before)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join