It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thank you so much, Ive been looking for the answer to that for ages!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
When is the ATS member upload going to be restored?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by blue cell]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The “Way Above Top Secret” award a.k.a. WATS (or TWATS as insisted by some members).

The award comes in two forms, a monthly version and a yearly version.

The member with the most votes in a calendar month (calculated by how many times other members click on the “Way Above” link in their mini-profile) will receive a giant bronze medal in their mini-profile for the following month.

The person who has the highest number of votes over the period of a year will get a different coloured medal for keeps. (Not sure why it does not disappear from year to year like the monthly award does from month to month
).

In addition the medal winner is awarded ??? points for WATS of the month and ??? points for WATS of the year.

Each member gets only three votes per month so be frugal with them.

Each vote allocates points to that member (currently set at 20 points per vote). I assume the points are not deducted form your total but created out of the ether?

A member is not allowed to vote for the same member more than once (not sure why see: WATS Voting Restriction.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just started a thread questioning points given per post in the political area vs. ATS Discussion area. It was denied. So, I will try and ASK here. I've noticed that when posting in the politics forums (mainly) the number of points given per post are next to nothing as opposed to posts in the ATS Discussion area. In that area posts can garner a great number of points. In politics, you can post a near-essay and garner a WHOLE 3 points, if you're lucky. What's the deal? And how are points given. I don't so much care about building points, it's just a matter of fairness. If I'm scoring over 20 points per post over here, on average, why is it I only garner 1-3 pts. in this forum? Doesn't make sense; especially considering those posts are every bit as relevant. Is this BIAS at work?

I would appreciate it if someone could explain this ridiculous discrepancy. If this is not the correct thread to inquire in, I apologize. Has anyone else noticed this?

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ATS is a CONSPIRACY site and encourages posts of a conspiritorial or similar nature. Ergo, these posts are rewarded with the most points.
Political mudslinging, speculation and discussion is not what this site is about, nor has it ever been, so those posts do not garner the same number of points as those relevant to the site.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
ATS is a CONSPIRACY site and encourages posts of a conspiritorial or similar nature. Ergo, these posts are rewarded with the most points.
Political mudslinging, speculation and discussion is not what this site is about, nor has it ever been, so those posts do not garner the same number of points as those relevant to the site.

So, what you're saying is anything in those forums are NOT relevant to this site? That's sad.

Hey - this post just got me ONE WHOLE POINT!

Thanks for clearing that up, Banshee.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
So, what you're saying is anything in those forums are NOT relevant to this site?

Not to the "alternative" topics that the site was founded and built upon, no. There's no intent to stifle discussion on most any topic, so appropriate forums/subsites were created for things not central to the conspiracy theme.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
POLITICAL DISCUSSION NOT relevant and deserving the same amount of points as CONSPIRACIES?

This makes NO sense and should be remedied. If the powers that be are paying any attention to this. I would think to say those comments/posts in the politics area are not relevant is just flat out insulting to all members who post there.

Just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Can someone tell me how I can search for my recent posts? I thought I figured it out once in the control panel, or user search, but haven't been able to do it again. Maybe I was dreaming.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
2 ways to do this,

1. you can click the tab at the top of the page *myats* this will have all pposts you have made or replyed to,

2, at bottom of your post there is a tab that says *find posts* click that and a page will come up of all you have posted,

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thanks, I will give it a try.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

From what I have read in other threads, and correct me if I'm wrong here mods, but you cannot change your screen name, and the screen name you have chosen is directly linked to your email address that cannot be used twice. To get a new screen name you have to use another email account that is not free and you have to register as a new member.

Correct.

If you do start a new account to change your name, can you transfer points from your old account?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins
If you do start a new account to change your name, can you transfer points from your old account?

Nope

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hello all.. is there a specific thread that addresses how to post links? Sorry, I dint see one here and somebody asked me about it. Thanks for the help.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
nm delete.. stuid me didnt read all of original post.

[edit on 6/19/2005 by ThichHeaded]

JAK

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you right click on the bar, go to properties then read the Alternate text: you can view the members post amount.

Jak

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ECK: There's a few. Why dont you try the actual FAQ page?

Explains all of BBCode

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
ECK: There's a few. Why dont you try the actual FAQ page?

Explains all of BBCode

Sorry and

I've never needed this info before. Just trying to help sumbudy out.

Thanks for the link.

I guess it was a case of not seeing what was right in front of my face, as often is the case. But I did see this thread first-off.

[edit on 6/20/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am new to ATS and am having a great time but a few minutes ago the points indicator and my signature decided to leave... where did they go? Is this normal? How do I get them back?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kupios
I am new to ATS and am having a great time but a few minutes ago the points indicator and my signature decided to leave... where did they go? Is this normal? How do I get them back?

One of the admins must have put us in "low-bandwith" mode - It's just a temporary fix to handle an influx in traffic - which is a good thing, actually!

So for a little while, some of the frills are absent, but they'll return - And the system is still keeping track of any point you earn, even though you can't see them right now

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join