It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Rape of 11-Year-Old Girl Sparks Racial Tensions in Texas Town

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Either way this is bad, but I think it would be best for Caucasian Americans to just stay out of the way if this turns violent.

Why?

Scary black and hispanic people might "get" them if they are out on the street?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Perhaps you should actually try looking at facts before you choose to attack those who post them.

Refusing to accept proven statistical data seems to be your problem.

Try being a little less ignorant, it would help you tremendously.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is terrible.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

This story is extremely disturbing on so many levels.

Not only is this a horrible way to treat a girl, these guys might as well be having sex with each other. This is nothing but abuse.

This is what I never get about these things - just because the opportunity presents itself do people simply forget about normal hygene?

I mean - you don't see people mass eating out of dumpsters or mass drinking out of toilets like this.

Sadly the reporductive urge invariably leads to those with the least civility having the greatest number of sucessful matings.

And the cycle is - of course - a positive feedback loop.

One day someones gonna uplift us primates from this rediculously barbaric genetic trap!

A man can dream.... a man can dream...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Answer the question, and show that you have a sense of justice.

If two minors, under the age of consent, have sex, and nobody forced anyone to do anything, is it right to charge one with statutory rape and not the other?

Poet1b, I love ya like a brother. I've been through the same sexism present in the Courts vis-a-vis child custody issues, and I have to agree that it's present, and dangerous.

In this case, though, you're wrong. Dead wrong. You're fighting a losing battle.

The question above has NO relevance to this case. It wasn't a matter of "two minors" having consensual sex, it's a case of ONE minor, being assaulted by AT LEAST 18 ASSAILANTS. This was NOT rainbows, butterflies, and candle light, with the theme from "Love Story" playing softly in the background. It was a brutal attack perpetrated on a child by assailants ALL of whom should have known better, and lasting apparently for HOURS - long enough to even go so far as to change venues. It was an attack perpetrated by assailants who are evidently so thoroughly morally bankrupt, so thoroughly deprived, as to be PROUD of their despicable assault on a child, Proud enough to even record their depravity for posterity (and the enjoyment of pedophiles everywhere!) and pass it around.

What the hell, are you thinking the gave her flowers and candy first ("c'mere, little girl. Want some candy?") and took her to dinner and a movie before throwing their suave moves on her?

Bullcrap. Burn 'em all. WHY are they not swinging in the breeze this instant?

Now, to answer the irrelevant question you posed, so we can get beyond this:

In the scenario you present, there are several factors with will have impact, which you have failed to address in the question. HOW young are these minors? What is the age differential between them?

In most places, the age of consent is 16 - although it does vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Under 16 is "Statutory Rape" regardless of consent, the theory being that children are not capable of giving consent. That's also why they are barred from entering contractual agreements on their own. Above that age, but under the Age of Majority (18 in most jurisdictions) it is "Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor". If the age differential is less than 3 years, then both are in the same boat. If it is more than 3 years, then the older is in a world of hurt.

Hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by korathin

Either way this is bad, but I think it would be best for Caucasian Americans to just stay out of the way if this turns violent.

Why?

Scary black and hispanic people might "get" them if they are out on the street?

Na, you just have to look at it from my perspective as a German American and it is self evident that it is a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. Slavery, Jim Crow and the KKK was by and large an Anglo-Scott/Irish thing. After segregation ended and Anglo-Scott/Irish people had a lot to feel bad about, and all of a sudden German American's are considered "white" too? No dice. I think it is a mistake for whats left of German Americans to get involved in the affairs of other racial/ethnic groups problems. Cause most of our ancestors fought against slavery and Jim Crow only to be labeled an "evil whitey", and on the other hand after a few hundred years of persecution and lynchings we are fit to be white enough to be the sacrificial lamb for this PC garbage, again no ty.

I can honestly say I never had any problems with African American's or Hispanic Americans(while in the same region I knew of "fellow Anglo-Scott/Irish whites"(lmao) that seemed to have nothing but problems(while oddly enough the only substantial[hard to brush off] racism I ever had directed my way was from Anglo/Scottish people, Irish are easy to deal with as long as they are sober).

I look to the left and the right and see angry mobs with rope, so I would prefer not to be involved at all.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
I will be the first to admit.....in some occasions...females (usually adult women) say stop when they mean go.

"Stop" means "stop". If she says "stop", I stop. I grab a beer, turn on the tube, and show her where the door is so she don't bump into anything on her way out.

Games are for kids.

Sex is not.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

A voice of reason .

I'm amazed this thread has lasted so long to be honest .
Whats to debate ??
Clear cut crime they should be punished end of story .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

So this is a post in which you are discriminating against the Scots/Irish?

*sigh*

I just want to be clear. Thanks for the explanation. Let me guess. You German American?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It was a brutal attack perpetrated on a child by assailants ALL of whom should have known better, and lasting apparently for HOURS - long enough to even go so far as to change venues. It was an attack perpetrated by assailants who are evidently so thoroughly morally bankrupt, so thoroughly deprived, as to be PROUD of their despicable assault on a child, Proud enough to even record their depravity for posterity (and the enjoyment of pedophiles everywhere!) and pass it around.

On this I agree, completely.

There were minors, at least one Jr High boy involved in this incident. I question whether or not the Jr high kids were guilty, or dragged into a situation where they were too scared not to go along. Most likely failure to cooperate would have resulted in a fairly severe physical beating at some time down the road.

Wish I didn't think about this incident, but I do. In my mind, what I see is a young girl in pursuit of a particular boy, probably in middle school. The older boys and men get involved. The girl finds the older guys attractive, is happy to flirt, and gets talked into doing things, and her Jr High boyfriend get dragged along for various reasons. As I posted earlier, the really disturbing thing is that this girl came back for more. The recorded event was her third time doing this sort of thing. She continued to hang out in the same neighborhood after the recorded incident.

I think everyone 16 and older should spend most of the rest of their lives in jail. Girls should not be taken advantage of, especially not in this manner.

I see the Jr high boy or boys as probable victims in this incident.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Still, she gets into a car with three guys, with at least an idea of what was going to happen. This why I question the role of the Jr high boys who got sucked into this.

I have a son. He's in High School now, but it wasn't so long ago that he was in Junior High. He's shaping up to be a hell of a man (a damn sight better man than I've ever been) and knows right from wrong. He's known right from wrong for some time now.

He also knows, beyond doubt, that if he were ever to involve himself in something of this nature, he'd never live long enough to see the inside of a jail cell. I'd fix that problem myself, and he has NO doubts about that. I'll not turn a defective product of my parenting ability loose on the world at large.

These boys didn't get "sucked into this" (couldn't you have chosen a better turn of phrase?). They all had mouths, and the ability to say "NO! This just ain't right!" rather than participate in it. They all had feet to get there, and could have walked out the same exact way.

They, too, knew right from wrong. Otherwise, they'd not have moved the assault venue when it looked like they were about to be discovered.

Burn 'em.

I have seen parents who tolerate their girls acting like this. Sorry, but 11 year old girls should not be dressing up and wearing make up and hanging out with boys in the park, in the next neighborhood over. This type of behavior is not alright. It is a harsh reality, but don't gloss over the truth.

That IN NO WAY justifies an attack of this nature. It doesn't justify it on an adult female, and it DAMN sure doesn't justify it on a child.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I could be wrong: That the age of consent in Denmark, or Sweden is 12 years old.

In Europe, during the Middle Ages, the average life span was about 30 years for a human.
In those times, a girl who was not married, beyond the age of 12, was considered an old hag.

In this Texas child rape case, I'm concerned about Texas justice, being brought upon these black males in this rape case. Texas, being the #1 state in the U.S. on executions. I'm against the death penality, except for our military services.

The major source of white male racism against blacks, is that black males, have a genetic superiority in their size of there penis, over white males; which makes white males very jealous.

I'm a white male,

Erno86

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

The average lifespan being low did not mean that human beings died at at 30 or 40. Thats what happens when people who dont understand statistics get hold of them,

The average lifespan was low because babies died a lot. If you made it to adult hood, you were likely to live into your late 60s. Modern medical science has only extended the lifespan of ADULT humans by 5-7 years.

You were not an old hag if not married at 12.

Edit to add- that post was like the holy grail of inaccurate flawed logic and stereotyping.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

There were minors, at least one Jr High boy involved in this incident. I question whether or not the Jr high kids were guilty, or dragged into a situation where they were too scared not to go along. Most likely failure to cooperate would have resulted in a fairly severe physical beating at some time down the road.

A "down the road" beating isn't sufficient excuse. "Down the road" gives the beat-ee time to fix up some surprises, too. Even an "imminent" beating doesn't justify it. If you run with a rough crowd, you'd best be every bit as rough as them.

Wish I didn't think about this incident, but I do. In my mind, what I see is a young girl in pursuit of a particular boy, probably in middle school. The older boys and men get involved. The girl finds the older guys attractive, is happy to flirt, and gets talked into doing things, and her Jr High boyfriend get dragged along for various reasons.

An interesting scenario, but so far unsupported by what few facts heave been released. Still, I suppose it's a possibility. That drags the debate into the parenting these kids received, which was obviously defective. That too does not excuse it. I can't even call the assailants "animals", because animals don't know right from wrong, they just do it. These... people... knew right from wrong as evidenced by the move to the trailer, BUT DID IT ANYHOW. They CHOSE wrong. That willful choice is where it went off the rails, regardless of parenting. It wasn't the parents who made the choices (although they'll have to live with it, too) it was the participants.

Society at large cannot allow this to just slide. If they do, then next time, the choice to do wrong will be more easily made. The next time it might be MY mother, sister daughter - or yours. If letting it slide goes on long enough, it might even be you or I at the business end of the assault. A slap on the wrist and a "go, and be a good boy from now on" does nothing to make that choice any harder, as we've seen these past few years.

When parenting goes wrong, SOMEONE will always pay for that. I'd rather it were the perpetrators than the victims or potential victims.

As I posted earlier, the really disturbing thing is that this girl came back for more. The recorded event was her third time doing this sort of thing. She continued to hang out in the same neighborhood after the recorded incident.

Yes, that's disturbing. It speaks to the effectiveness of her parents, but not to her own decision making. 11 year olds have different thought processes than adults, which is why they are legally incapable of making decisions. There may be other aggravating circumstances as well. Do you suppose she was free to go hang out in the classier neighborhoods? I can recall when I was 11, and I can recall when I was 14. There was a world of difference in how I saw the world and interacted with it between those two ages.

Also, if you know anyone who went through child sexual abuse, and have talked to them, you'll know that there are other circumstances that will affect how they act in this regard. I know one woman, nearly as old as I am now, who as a child underwent YEARS of this sort of abuse. The abuser(s) threatened to kill her mom, and all her siblings, and then KEEP ON GOING JUST AS THEY WERE after that, if she didn't just go along with the program. To her mind, they had already done it, demonstrating their ability and willingness to do so, and she had no reason to doubt that they would make good on all their other threats, so she went along with the program.

For years.

I can't even begin to imagine the sense of helplessness. It hurts my heart to even try. Don't tell anyone I said that. I'm well known as a heartless prick around here. Might damage my image.

I think everyone 16 and older should spend most of the rest of their lives in jail. Girls should not be taken advantage of, especially not in this manner.

I agree with that, as far as it goes, with the caveat that I personally wouldn't want to keep them up for life when there is a more cost-effective alternative available. Good thing I don't make those kinds of decisions.

I see the Jr high boy or boys as probable victims in this incident.

This is where we differ. I can't see them as victims unless they too were unwillingly having their bodies violated by the body parts of others. So far, I've seen nothing to indicate that was the case. I reserve victimhood for those who are actually violated.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

They all had feet to get there, and could have walked out the same exact way.

I doubt it. Most likely there was severe intimidation going on. If one person walked away, that put everyone in jeopardy, so a severe beating would most likely been what a Jr High kid would have been facing.

It is a hard reality to face, but from the evidence, the story is fairly clear.

This was the girls third time doing this, and after the third event, with all these guys, she was still going back into the neighborhood for more.

It is sad to say this about a girl in this situation, BUT she wasn't just a victim. She is obviously not able to control her own behavior, and is a danger to herself, and others.

It seems clear that she was intentionally, of her own choice, engaging in very dangerous behavior.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

Your ignorant, and I deny ignorance. That was a racist comment, and the fact that you had to say "Not a racist comment", lets me know that it was definitely intended to be racist.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
castration. slowly.

It's a terrible and painful story, but what pained me almost as much as reading it, was this post along with the (+ 10 more stars).

The outrage is understandable, but what is it about evil, which seems only to create more of itself in otherwise upstanding and decent people. How does revenge solve such problems, and why allow the evil to move and shift and provoke us in our hearts, I find that almost as disturbing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
castration. slowly.

It's a terrible and painful story, but what pained me almost as much as reading it, was this post along with the (+ 10 more stars).

The outrage is understandable, but what is it about evil, which seems only to create more of itself in otherwise upstanding and decent people. How does revenge solve such problems, and why allow the evil to move and shift and provoke us in our hearts, I find that almost as disturbing.

Heh. I get to be heartless again!

Castration alone isn't far enough. It should be done with a sardine can lid. A rusty one. By a drunk with shaky hands.

It's not about revenge. No amount of revenge can undo what is done. It's about deterrence. If a man KNOWS the heinousness of what WILL befall him if he's caught in his OWN heinousness, he's more prone to make choices that will avoid that unpleasantness being directed at HIS naughty bits, rather than choose to direct his own heinousness at the naughty bits of an 11 year old.

Hell yeah! Televise it!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think it was as traumatizing for the boys as the girl.

Who knows how willing anyone was to do what.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Perhaps you should actually try looking at facts

So to you, the facts are that all Black men are dangerous and rapists, according to the statistics thrown out here? Right? What facts? There are alot of black rapists, and? what does this have to do with blacks in general?

Stop throwing the "facts" BS around please. Be straight up, are black men rapists in general?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join