It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is a great idea if texas goes and arizona and california follow there goes 75% of all the illegals in our country, woot go texas go.Theyre practically a mexican colony now anyway this is one of the best ideas texas has had yet, I think all americans should support this decision and help texas go.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

reply to post by boondock-saint

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

reply to post by CaptainTrips

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

reply to post by macman

reply to post by proph17128

No one is begging any of you to stay. Not one of you mentioned "if it were not for my job or family or friends" so what is the holdup? You all hate the US and no longer wish to be part of it. I do not understand why I am reading about it instead of just not noticing you anymore? There is an exit in every direction. I really do not understand why anyone would sit on a computer in the United States and type away about how much they would like to leave it. Just go.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Texas once warned Congress of declaring National Sovereignty. A few other states followed. But the Constitution reserves the rights of the States to intercede if the Government is not acting in the best interest of the people.

If Texas does declare this secession, many other states will follow suit, and they will establish trade relations with those respective states. IMO, I think life might actually be easier if you reside in one of those states that do this.

Gotta love Texas, and any other state that follows!
edit on 8-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Sounds like a good plan to make social security solvent; wonder how many people will vote for it when they realize they'll lose that benefit.....

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I agree with you regarding dental hygiene and I appreciate your attempt to misconstrue my statement. I probably did err into the realm of generalizations and I concede poor judgement in that regard. To assume an entire state is populated by rednecks and cowboys was a stretch on my part. My bad. I am sure we both agree that money spent getting 'inked' might be better invested into personal hygiene. My issues pertain to the likes of:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77b12eebd1d2.jpg[/atsimg]

Heck, I like many tattoos.

However, deflection aside, those who are in favor of a state seceding would do well to remember the ensuing chaos resulting in the American Civil War. 600,000 citizens dead. United we stand, divided we fall.

But nice try butcherguy. Interesting angle, attacking a liberal as not caring for the poor.

edit on 8-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

SS is already solvent. The feds have been using the SS account for a LONG time as their own personal " wallet ". Why do you think the taxes you pay every pay period have been going to pay those retirees?

* In 2010, the 111th Congress and Democratic President Barack Obama passed a law decreasing the Social Security payroll tax during 2011 by two percentage points (from 12.4% to 10.4%).

This law also requires that monies equivalent to the decreased payroll taxes be transferred to the Social Security program from the general fund of the U.S. Treasury.

The general fund of the U.S. Treasury is funded by income taxes (66%), corporate income taxes (23%), excise taxes (5%), and other miscellaneous taxes (6%) [percentages current as of 2006].

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Nice try with the tattoo pic.

If you want to prove your point, I will want you searching the internet for photos of tattooed Texans with missing teeth .

Sorry for messin' with ya, I was hoping someone else would try to tell me that rednecks are not an ethnic group.

edit on 8-3-2011 by butcherguy because: clarity

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

reply to post by boondock-saint

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

reply to post by CaptainTrips

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

reply to post by macman

reply to post by proph17128

No one is begging any of you to stay. Not one of you mentioned "if it were not for my job or family or friends" so what is the holdup? You all hate the US and no longer wish to be part of it. I do not understand why I am reading about it instead of just not noticing you anymore? There is an exit in every direction. I really do not understand why anyone would sit on a computer in the United States and type away about how much they would like to leave it. Just go.

Who ever said i hated America? (Looks around)
I am just tired of the Fed Govt taking and stealing.

If Texas were to go this route, most Non-Texas born persons would not be allowed in, and some may be booted out.

If the US would go back to the original creation of how it was supposed to be governed, this would not even be an issue.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I think you mean insolvent.
SS is almost bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

But nice try butcherguy. Interesting angle, attacking a liberal as not caring for the poor.

I thought it was different, anyway.

But it certainly wasn't an attack, I even like liberals way too much to attack them, now-a-days, anyway.
I'd sooner attack racists now.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You are right, I should have said to keep Social security solvent; it's projected to run out in 40 years more or less.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

maybe california is more your cup of tea? i cant stand it here.

texas sounds better and better to me by the day..

trade?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well if Tx were to secede, I could see two things happening....

1. It would become a theocracy.

2. Hippies from Austin would move to Asheville NC and bring A LOT of horrible drivers with them.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

In the short term, probably not, in the long term, yes.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The history of the Social Security program was laughable at best. The Social Security Act was signed by President Franklin Roosevelt on August 14, 1935. From 1937 (when taxes were first collected) through 2009 the Social Security program has received $13.8 trillion in income. That alone, ( total income for the program ) probably caught someones eye down the pipe line. And by doing so, thats when the " scheme ", of using those funds for other expenditures began taking place. Now that the years of past us by, and that account is almost belly up, theres not much hope for those of us who would be retiring in the future.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I do hope Texas suCCeeds

I think they should do it already, we need a divorce

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

The history of the Social Security program was laughable at best. The Social Security Act was signed by President Franklin Roosevelt on August 14, 1935. From 1937 (when taxes were first collected) through 2009 the Social Security program has received $13.8 trillion in income. That alone, ( total income for the program ) probably caught someones eye down the pipe line. And by doing so, thats when the " scheme ", of using those funds for other expenditures began taking place. Now that the years of past us by, and that account is almost belly up, theres not much hope for those of us who would be retiring in the future.

Sooo....the incentive for our young uns to work and pay into
the SS fund is? Not that there are enough jobs for everyone
anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Thats just it, there is no incentive, and since we are on the topic of Texas, The GOOD Senator from Texas, Ron Paul has submitted numerous times to Congress, that SS should allow for the " opt out " program.

But bare in mind, if SS were to survive, and you "opted out" over the years, you would no longer be able to accept the SS hand out. So those whom chose to " opt out " would have to find other means to establish a form of savings or " retirement ".

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

But it certainly wasn't an attack, I even like liberals way too much to attack them, now-a-days, anyway.
I'd sooner attack racists now.

I'm a liberal Texan, born and bred, raised on a big spread between Idalou and Lubbock that I still own growing cotton and onions. My family was as racist as they come as was most of the good Christians that I encountered in a small Baptist church where I attended Sunday school.

I was pretty much run out of Texas, when I got out of the military and brought home a wife with dark skin and broken English. My family disowned me and my "friends" abandoned me.

It's still like that from my observation....the hatred is just not as overt and open!

Just try being a mixed race couple in Texas and see what happens.
edit on 8-3-2011 by whaaa because: truth tellin

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Being a liberal in Texas? Wow you must have had a rough life. Considering Texas is like the most Conservative state I've ever visited!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join