It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill on Texas Secession presented to Texas Legislature

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
March 5, 2011, so this is already over... ? what happend... ? >
I dont see any follow up or anything,..

I reckon they voted for status quo.

Talk big, do nothing.
Saber rattling, chest pounding.
edit on 3-4-2011 by kinda kurious because: add context

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

IT was non-binding. It meant nothing. Ceremonial at best.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
So if the states suceed from the union will it be better or worse for the american people? Will things be cheaper? Will it be easier to live? If prices would go up and it would be harder to live I would rather stay with the USA.

Friend, you pose an interesting question. Right now we have a Central Government, that is connected directly to the Federal Reserve Banking Cartel, and the Enforcement arm, the Internal Revenue Service. This is, in all forms and ways of means, a Corporate Empire that does whatever it wants, and does not listen to, or do the bidding of, the People that make up the States, and the united States as a whole. Notice the lower case, it is not a mistake.

We have a set of documents known as The Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union - 1777.

Agreed to by the Continental Congress November 15, 1777 and in effect after ratification by Maryland, March 1,1781, the Articles of Confederation served as a bridge between the initial government by the Continental Congress of the Revolutionary period and the federal government provided under the Constitution for the United States in effect March 4, 1789
source

The Articles led to the formation of The Constitution of Virginia, which was a model for The Constitution For The United States. America was formed as a Nation, a Republic of Free, Sovereign States composed of Free Sovereign People, who gave the power to govern, and do the business of the Nation, to the Elected Government. Trouble is, the Elected Government became a game to be played, and soon only the Rich elite could be elected. These Rich Elite were not concerned with the fate of the common man, no! All they were concerned with is lining their own pockets and padding their off shore bank accounts. After the 1933 Bankruptcy of America, all power to coin and regulate money was given over to the Banking Cartel, and from that point on, the Rich got Richer, and the Poor got Poorer.

If you read my posts, here and in other forums, it can be seen that I support a Secession of the States from the Corporate Union. Look here, and here.

I have to believe the Sons of Liberty style Patriotism is still alive in America, and if you do not have it, take a look here at Executive Order l2333.

"The President has the power to seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, call reserve forces amounting to 2 1/2 million men to duty, institute martial law, seize and control all means of transportation, regulate all private enterprise, restrict travel, and in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all Americans...

There have been some peaceful Secession Movements in vogue for some time now, such as THE CONFEDERACY PROJECT, Federal taxes and regulations are too burdensome. We agree in principle to the common defense but the USA has been a warmonger since 1812 and lied its way into two World Wars, engaged in undeclared wars in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Somalia and is even now engaged in imperialist misadventures around the world, none of which justify the death of even one American. This cannot be borne either financially or morally. The U.S. legal system is of lawyers, by lawyers, for lawyers with lawyers on the bench, on ethics review panels and in our pockets. This legal system is cruel and inhuman punishment and cannot be endured by a free people who value justice.
The Union was a creation by the states, not the other way around. The United States is a voluntary association created by the states and states have and had every right to secede. The Declaration of Independence itself provides for secession - "That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Jefferson Davis in his inaugural address stated that, "the American idea [is] that governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them at will whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established." Similarly President James Buchanan in his annual message to Congress in 1860 said, "The fact is that our Union rests upon public opinion and can never be cemented by the blood of its citizens...If it can not live in the affections of its people, it must die."

The Federal Reserve Act must be repealed, and the exclusive right to create money and credit must be restored to the Congress and US Treasury Department, as stipulated in the US Constitution. Time for an end to "Fiat" dollars, issued by the FRB. We really need to be on the gold/silver standard, where a dollar is worth a dollar, and inflation does not exist. Congressman Ron Paul has been fighting for a ban for many years now. The US national debt should be completely eliminated by a one-time exchange of non-interest bearing Treasury Notes for all of the outstanding interest bearing Treasury Bonds. We do not owe anybody anything. It is all a scam to make YOU pay. The Constitution is a "treaty among sovereigns" and under treaty law when one party violates its terms the other parties are automatically released from its obligations.

You cannot hurt yourself by reading what Thomas Paine said in his treatise "Common Sense."

Related:
Tenth Amendment Movement

New American Civil War Recruiting Station

A Declaration Of Independence From The Government Of The USA

A unique look at U.S. History, Civil Liberties and the U.S. Constitution

America’s Two Constitutions (One for the Rich, One for the Poor)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Texas can secede, legally. Anyone that disagrees can kiss the barrel of my shotgun.

Just curious how that all worked out while I was away? You guys gone yet or are you still at target practice?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Hurricane season is coming up....they need free government money.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Come on down and we'll change your mind.

I would rather cut off my own fellas with a spork than go to Texas willingly for any reason.

IMO we should just sell it back to Mexico for a couple of burritos.

Lol! Now thats hilarious.
edit on 13-4-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Look, I am not in favor of this Bill and there are a lot of things in Texas I have issues with. But to say good riddance to the second largest economic state in the union is not a good thing. 5 of the top fortune 500 companies reside in Texas, and it has 57 over all tied with Cali. And it has the second largest work force in the country. With a gross state product of 1.227 trillion dollars it would be a huge blow to the United States if they leave.

Thanks you for not throwing everyone who lives in Texas under the bus, like some ignorant igits I have seen open their mouth on here, er, well type rather.
That's pretty much it, take care and have a wonderful day.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skogg

Originally posted by whatukno
People, we should be encoraging Texas to leave the Union.

Texas has been a complete embarassment to the US for far too long now. And if they want to be their own country, they should. We can only hope they take the TEA Party racsts with them.

And if they do leave the Union we can all laugh as they are completely occupied by Mexican drug cartels within a week, if not full on invaded by an enemy country.

A Texas on it's own is a good thing and they should be encouraged.

What an extremely ignorant and arrogant post. Texas is one of the only States left that's keeping the country going. We supply oil and power to many States. The United States Government has proven itself incapable of running this country. It won't even secure the borders yet it goes and invades other countries! And, just an FYI, Texas has been its own country before. And we did very, very well. And we will continue to do so, especially when we leave the Union. No more liberals dragging us down into the pits.

Mind you, this WILL happen. It's a guarantee once the US collapses. So please, by all means, call us Texans every name in the book. I'm beginning to believe it's more of jealousy (and liberal brainwashing) than anything else. Once the US collapses and you flock here to try and rebuild what's left of your shattered lives, we "ignorant" and "discriminatory" Texans are going to turn you back to the Third-World remains of what was once the United States of America.

Btw; We'd have the balls to fight the drug cartels, unlike our "leaders" in Washington.

I

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Texas would not be a third world country as some here have stated .

Here are some hard facts.

Texas is the leading U.S. producer of oil, natural gas, and natural-gas liquids. It is also a major producer of helium, salt, sulfur, sodium sulfate, clays, gypsum, cement, and talc. Texas manufactures an enormous variety of products, including chemicals and chemical products, petroleum, food and food products, transportation equipment, machinery, primary and fabricated metals, they also manufacture electronic equipment, such as computers. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Farm Land : Statistics
Farms
Land in farms (acres)
Sources: 2007 Census of Agriculture and the 2007 National Resources Inventory
Farmland Info

Texas has 29 of the largest oil refineries in the USA, and the most of any other state.
Wiki

Defense contractor Lockheed also in Texas. F22- F35 ,
Boeing, L3, Bell, Raytheon. General Dynamics makers of the F16, American Euro copter, just to name a few. These are manufacturing facilities, not offices. Lest not forget NASA.
AeroSpace

Texas has two of the largest military bases in the country. FT Hood Armored Division. FT, Bliss Tx, Air Defense Artillery. FT Hood is the largest activity duty military base in the USA. The largest military reservation is White Sands Missile Range in NM.

Major Shipping Ports :
Texas Ports
Texas has more than 1,000 miles of channel maintained by the Corps of Engineers.
Texas Ports create nearly 1 million jobs generating $48 billion in personal income.
Texas Ports

Prices like food, Gas, anything being shipped into the Texas Houston ports ( which is a major ports in the USA) would sky rocket.

Not even close to a third world country and these are just a few facts. The USA would have it a little harder without Texas remember the Texas tourism television advertisement. " Texas is whole other country"

Texas fall under the
Santa Ana treaty- AKA Treaties of Velasco
Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo

Texas and NM are true sovereign states under these Treaties . California I think relinquished that power later . I'm not sure about Arizona. So yes, Texas can succeed from the union legally as well as New Mexico if they choose. Best place to look for these documents is the Library of Congress. I think these very well maybe the the only two states in the union that have this kind of heavy power to succeed legally.

I'm not from Texas , but I still travel there. It's a great state.
edit on 13-7-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join