It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO of sorts Oswego IL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cabuki

Trying to figure out more about this green fireball thing, I don't think that's what I saw... But I am going to keep my eye out for it.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Could this be one of those green fireballs arriving on time? Abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

A quick Google Search for "Meteor Pics" returned 2.78 million results. I personally watched a "meteor" that was later called a "Russian Satellite" slowly cross the sky for several minutes as it crashed. I think "moron" is pretty strong language unless you can prove nobody ever took a picture of a meteor before? Google would disagree with you.

I know my phone could never pull it off, but my buddy's new I-phone definitely could do it, especially if he already happened to have it out.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 7-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What part of 30 did you take the picture?

The part by Plainfield, which runs north and south or the part by Bolder Hill, which runs east and west?

Anyway, I hope this isn't some silly hoax for a story you are writing (since you claim you are a writer).

I also couldn't help but notice it was taken at sunset - remember the whole thread about the California rocket/plane debate.

edit on March 7th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by sparda4355
I would like to know if anybody west of Chicago saw anything strange in the sky around 5:55 central time today march 6th. I was driving with my 10yo daughter heading west on rt 30 in Oswego. I look up to see what appeared to be an astroid on fire heading to earth at about a 30 degree angle and south... Maybe 1 or 2 towns over, it was hard to tell the distance. It was on fire, went out, and then was on fire again and then went out again. The second time it went out it appeared to "pull up" and change course. Moments later two fast moving jets flew by, spun around and flew by again.

I caught several images, this is a zoomed in unedited shot I caught with my iPhone.

i7.photobucket.com...

Nice catch of a meteor in the Earth's atmosphere. Not sure if it landed anywhere on the planet or just burnt up in the air. Just to note, it's not an asteroid! However, you get a *S* for your picture. Call it fireball in the sky or something like that. Just my two cents.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

How exactly can you tell him it's a meteor? Do meteors change direction? Also, I would find it highly unlikely that any kind of jet propelled aircraft could not only intercept a meteor, but follow it as well?

Does anyone know the speed of a meteor entering the Earth's atmosphere? I'm not exactly sure on the number but I bet it's quite fast.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

If it is that test vehicle thing I wish I would ha e tried to find where it landed!!! Something tells me I could make a pretty penny selling the wreckage on eBay lol, that is until the suits showed up to arrest me lol

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Ok, for starters... I don't claim I'm a writer, ATS put my status as writer because I was sending them info to help with there book... So no, not a hoax?

To answer your question I was on 30 coming off of orchard just by the police station. Heading west.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well I don't think anybody needs to ridicule anybody for any guesses, quite frankly none of us know what it was... I was there and did my best to explain it's motion and the experience, but I can't boldly state any fact as to what it might have been.

I can say it was low flying, quite large, and changed orientation. If it was a metior, I'm still happy to have caught a pic, but I personally don't think it was.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I just saw one of those "green fireballs" 2 days ago, in the evening. This doesn't look at all like it, the one I saw also dissipated very fast as it burned up. Although it was fairly cloudy the other night... I still think you witnessed something else. (UFO until identified as otherwise..)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredTom

Does anyone know the speed of a meteor entering the Earth's atmosphere? I'm not exactly sure on the number but I bet it's quite fast.

Its the orbital velocity of the Earth around the Sun (29.78 km/s or 18.5 miles/s) plus or minus the intercept velocity of the object... so FAST.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I feel the same way, thank you for your feedback.
I'm not claiming aliens or anything, I'm just saying, it was weird!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

I wasn't saying it was a meteor, it doesn't sound like a meteor.

It sounds like a failed launch of some type, or perhaps a crashing aircraft or spacecraft. Maybe a satellite crashing to earth. The picture also looks like something crashing to the Earth. It is a UFO until we get a better explanation, but that doesn't mean it is "alien." Most likely it was space debris or a crashing satellite, and NORAD was probably monitoring it and that is why the jets flew by. Since it didn't hit anything important, it never happened. If it had hit anything important, then they surely had a press release standing by to state they had been tracking it for x number of hours/days and that there was already a plan in place to mitigate damages.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Great pic mate, what is the little whitish thing in front of it, kinda looks like it is some rocket that has swung around and is targeting that spot in front of it??????

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

**Bump.

Will you have a chance to upload the higher quality photo to ATS media, or some other photo hosting site? I'd love to see that version to run some amateur analysis on it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Yes I will, however I'm house sitting at the moment so I'm away from my computer... It's not that much higher of resolution, but it is better.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Here is a picture of the smoke from the object dissipating about 3-5 minutes later at cloud level, this is after I parked and got out of my car.

i7.photobucket.com...

In that same pic you can see one of the jets I was referring to as they approached...

i7.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I added two photos for u t take a look at

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
why do you think the jets were there? would the jets be called out to watch a meteor ?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why do these fireballs always occur around dusk or dawn... I know not always but still.

Is it just me or do they seem to be regularly sighted around this time?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Those are some pretty cool pics! Where would you estimate it landed? I live in Warrenville, I am semi acquainted with the Oswego area so if you are up for a field trip let me know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join