It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO of sorts Oswego IL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would like to know if anybody west of Chicago saw anything strange in the sky around 5:55 central time today march 6th. I was driving with my 10yo daughter heading west on rt 30 in Oswego. I look up to see what appeared to be an astroid on fire heading to earth at about a 30 degree angle and south... Maybe 1 or 2 towns over, it was hard to tell the distance. It was on fire, went out, and then was on fire again and then went out again. The second time it went out it appeared to "pull up" and change course. Moments later two fast moving jets flew by, spun around and flew by again.

I caught several images, this is a zoomed in unedited shot I caught with my iPhone.

i7.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

wow great catch!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ucabearbone

Can't believe I even reacted fast enough to grab the pic, but it all played back in my head so weird... It seemed to pull up and correct it's decent after going out? Plus would an astroid go out and light on fire and go out again? I dunno, not an expert... Just thought it was cool!
plus the jets right after kind of weirded me out! My daughter was so excited!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Can you discribe the "fire" object a little better?
Was there flames or did it just give off the look of fire?

Thanx, VV6

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Did it just disappear? That is a great photo by the way
very odd. Especially the jets! nothing on the news?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

I wish photobucket wouldn't have lowered the pic quality it really is a great pic... It looked like it came from outer atmosphere, like the fire was in front of it and engulfing the object... Which is why I thought astroid, but then it went out, lit up again, went out again and a blackish object seemed to pull up from 30 degrees to like maybe 15 degrees. Then I lost site of the object in the sky. Happened quite fast

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
I would like to know if anybody west of Chicago saw anything strange in the sky around 5:55 central time today march 6th. I was driving with my 10yo daughter heading west on rt 30 in Oswego. I look up to see what appeared to be an astroid on fire heading to earth at about a 30 degree angle and south... Maybe 1 or 2 towns over, it was hard to tell the distance. It was on fire, went out, and then was on fire again and then went out again. The second time it went out it appeared to "pull up" and change course. Moments later two fast moving jets flew by, spun around and flew by again.

I caught several images, this is a zoomed in unedited shot I caught with my iPhone.

i7.photobucket.com...

Nice catch of a meteor in the Earth's atmosphere. Not sure if it landed anywhere on the planet or just burnt up in the air. Just to note, it's not an asteroid! However, you get a *S* for your picture. Call it fireball in the sky or something like that. Just my two cents.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Conflagrated

Thank you and I'm not sure I just lost site of it after it went out and changed it's decent...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
very cool pic,i was more interested with what looks like a split off smoke trail,could this have been a failed rockett launch of some type.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Sorry not an expert on falling objects lol... However I can assure u this object was in our atmosphere and close to the ground when that picture was snapped... The after effect was cloud level and I was able to stare at it and show several people... It even dissipated like a cloud... The jets that flew by after we also low flying. I know it may be difficult to tell in the pic, but this was not a "small object", I could see it clearly and quite large. About half the size of a full moon

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It looks like in the pic, there is 2 lit objects..
Did something get shot out in front of the larger object, or fall off, maybe?

Thanx, VV6

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Post the pic(s) on weirdimage.com so we can see the high quality!!!!

Second line...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6

It looks like in the pic, there is 2 lit objects..
Did something get shot out in front of the larger object, or fall off, maybe?

Thanx, VV6

I was just noticing that myself, honestly... I don't know? Didn't see that with my own eyes, only in the pic

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Not by a computer at the moment, doing this from my iPhone so I can't...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You know, I did see something, well, at least I saw the black contrail in the sky and then I heard jets but they were gone before I can even see where they were or which direction they went. They must have been traveling very fast for sure because I got up pretty quick to look out the windows. The approach pattern for O'Hare even changed for awhile.

Now, from this thread, I know a little more about it all. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitybender
Post the pic(s) on weirdimage.com so we can see the high quality!!!!

Second line...

Yes, I too would like to see
Thanx, VV6

Edit to add: I have a thread of an object wich looked like a cherry from a cig'.
Check it out and see if theres a sim' with your fireball.
Mine shot strait up, turned into a small star then traveled for a long time as this thing was slow and then fall, change shape and come twards us verry fast. It prolly came to about 18 to 20' to the ground before I couldnt see it anymore do to a nabs trailer/molbil home. so, there was no flashes or booms. not anything...

Check it out n see if the color/glow was the same??
edit on 6-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

Here it is:www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I tweaked this one a little until you can post the higher rez version , hope you don't mind. Theres actually two objects showing here. Kinda strange.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fd6611b74b5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The tail path tells me that it did a swoop turn. Dose anyone see that, too?
a swoop turn down wards...

Thanx VV6

edit on 6-3-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

There are supposed to be "green fireballs" in the skies that we can see for the next 3 days. A meteor flap. That is probably what you saw.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

A meteor that dosent have a strait path going down?
This looks like it was going strait then swooped/u turned then went down wards
The trail says other wise.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join