It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Fireballs Coming! 3/6 - 3/9!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Was looking at all these comet/asteroid threads, and came upon a object which is going to have a close call with earth. I did a little research, and i found a site that says between 3/6 - 3/9 we should have a pretty neat lightshow available to us!

Elevated Green Fireball Activity Worldwide Projected* for 6MAR2011- 9MAR2011 Have your cameras ready for a capture! Known NEOs (Near-Earth Objects) asteroids will pass safely but their debris and unknowns are likely to produce Green Fireball and Bolides this coming Monday through Wednesday. (March 6-9) Get out and watch! 20 New NEO discoveries have been made for March 2011 with more to come! Please get the word out and post a link to this site in Facebook, Twitter, Forums, News Stories, etc. Thanks! -* by LunarMeteorite*Hunter Tokyo, Japan.

Figured i would post here for all to see!

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Will it be visible worldwide?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
Will it be visible worldwide?

Not too sure? I would think so? Something to research a little more, see if you can find out and post the answer here!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I saw that on NASA NEO.
Its object 2011 EY11 and it's gonna be close.
Distance from Earth will be about .00088 AU
or around 125,000 km.
Its about the size of a house,
5 to 15 meters.
Coming to us on March 7

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I saw that on NASA NEO.
Its object 2011 EY11 and it's gonna be close.
Distance from Earth will be about .00088 AU
or around 125,000 km.
Its about the size of a house,
5 to 15 meters.
Coming to us on March 7

Actually if you look it up now, the distance is even closer. On the 7th, it shows its going to be IN our atmosphere, its no longer only .00088 AU, its 9.0E-4au now, check out the link...JPL Database

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

So that one is within the orbit of the moon close. Could be fun!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The size of a house you say? Here's some fun reading for everyone it breaks down impacts from house size to mile wide.
science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292

The size of a house you say? Here's some fun reading for everyone it breaks down impacts from house size to mile wide.
science.howstuffworks.com...

Doh...after reading that, it made me pucker a little. PLEASE DON'T HIT FL, PLEASE DON'T HIT FL...lol

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
A while back, wasn't there a post sometime last year that said something about this? I remember an "Agency operative" or so, never said what he was from posting things about two green fireballs flying through Earth's atmosphere or nearly hitting. Most people claimed it was fake and would never happen.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleDragon
A while back, wasn't there a post sometime last year that said something about this? I remember an "Agency operative" or so, never said what he was from posting things about two green fireballs flying through Earth's atmosphere or nearly hitting. Most people claimed it was fake and would never happen.

I was about to write that

Ye kind of scary now I must say... And it also said somehing about staying indoor for along time after the green fireballs have been seen, somehing about a portal that would open

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
do we have a time for the closet approach?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

Not too sure, when i used the JPL DB to calculate distance, it seemed like right after it hit march 7th is when it came the closest to us (using the by hour setting), not too sure if that helps any, or if its irrelevant...lol

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cabuki

Not too sure, when i used the JPL DB to calculate distance, it seemed like right after it hit march 7th is when it came the closest to us (using the by hour setting), not too sure if that helps any, or if its irrelevant...lol

Time was about 00:57 and I assume thats GMT but not sure

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

oh i hope your wrong, that was 20 minutes ago, I could have gone out and looked up (at the clouds)
1:20 GMT now

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

oh i hope your wrong, that was 20 minutes ago, I could have gone out and looked up (at the clouds)

Woops, Your right, its GMT.

edit on 5-3-2011 by cabuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Is it March 7 there??

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

oh no, lol, it's just gone the 6th, sorry, seen the 6th above and got confused, it is 1:30am , and i'm due more coffee
. I have put a sticky on my desktop reminding me to drag the telescope out later tonight.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You should be able to catch a few today, looks like there should be around 4-5 close calls on the 6th (look at source link at top)

The one on the 7th though is super close

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I just heard of this, Im in australia, will I be able to see it lol or have I missed it?
Portal being opened? Where is this crazy thread

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I am in new zealand also, will it be visable?
seeing as we are frist in line as in timewise...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join