It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO of sorts Oswego IL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

No I appreciate that, thank you... And yes, there does? Weird

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
reply to post by sparda4355

There are supposed to be "green fireballs" in the skies that we can see for the next 3 days. A meteor flap. That is probably what you saw.

Yeah, March 6-9th I believe. Post Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP: Great Job.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

Well it wasn't green, it changed orientation, and was followed by two jets... I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...
edit on 6-3-2011 by sparda4355 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
it appears to have split in two ,i was thinking a rockett of some type or a aircraft with a piggyback jet. im not familiar with what new jets the airforce are using that would require a piggyback at this time.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bradk71

Well it was coming down, not going up just so you know...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

sorry i didnt take that into account,its hard to get that perspective from photo,great pic i hope you can get more feedback on it

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bradk71

No I figured u couldn't tell being that it was a still photo lol

Thank you

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't know why...but all I keep thinking about while reading your post and looking at the picture is this article.

news.yahoo.com...

Secretive X-37B Space Plane Launches on New Mystery Mission

After being delayed a day by bad weather, the U.S. Air Force's second X-37B robotic space plane blasted off from Florida this afternoon (March 5) on a mystery mission shrouded in secrecy.

The unmanned X-37B mini-shuttle — known as Orbital Test Vehicle 2 (OTV-2) — took to the skies from Cape Canaveral at 5:46 p.m. EST (2246 GMT) today, tucked away in the nose cone atop a huge Atlas 5 rocket.
The X-37B's mission is classified, but Air Force officials have said the vehicle will be used to test out new spacecraft technologies. Shortly after launch, the mission went into a scheduled media blackout, with no futher public updates.

With absolutely no evidence to back it up...just pure speculation...could this be the X-37B re-entering the atmosphere???

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Star & Flag & Bump.

Nice catch OP. I can clearly see from the smoke trail where this object readjusted its approach to Earth. As an owner of an iPhone as well, I know that object must be fairly large for the camera to have picked it up so clearly. Normally, I'd say it's a meteor but the fact it changed direction, it's looks huge, and two jets raced toward it... not so sure anymore.

Good stuff.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

So true about the size, it was so huge until I saw the pic lol, lack of zoom and nothing to compare it to in the pic makes it so hard to appreciate its size... And the experience, nobody besides my daughter and I can truly appreciate the amazing feeling of the experience!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I think this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... is in relation to what you say today. Pretty freaking cool if you ask me!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I was thinking about the X-37B too but It should be up for some time and there are people that track it as a hobby so we'll know for sure pretty soon if it is still up. Unless of course it failed and this is the remains of its death trip reentry. When the X-37B comes down as expected though it will look similar to the space shuttle, so mostly a strait trajectory with long, shallow turns. Nothing like the sharp changes seen here. Also it has a non-ablating heat shield. So again, unless it malfunctioned you shouldn't see the dark smoke trail.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Perhaps a military satellite falling to Earth. The jets there to make sure it broke up and wasn't a threat to anyone on the ground. Just a wild guess. It wouldn't explain controlled flight, if in fact, that is what the obect you witnessed truly did.

Nice job in keeping your cool and grabbing the photo.

S&F for you!

edit on 7-3-2011 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Nice catch. That is some heads up responding by you. Even if it was only a meteorite, they are generally pretty valuable. I would be out looking for it in my spare time. You can upload your picture to your media account here at ATS. Click on the tools tab at the top of the page and then click on pictures in the next window.

Once your media is uploaded to ATS, you can place it in your posts like the one below.

edit on 3-7-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Awesome post, and most especially the pic!
I don't know if I could remain calm enough to
snap a pic were this to happen to me.

S & F for your post.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The way the contrail looks and with those jets being right there, on top of what you were seeing. Tells me you have something completely different going on here. I'm thinking what you saw first, was a missle tracking something fired from one of the jets. You just noticed the missle before the jets. Man you really did get yourself a nice shot there.

Watch for the men in black !
edit on 7-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Wow! cool pic, I hope you didn't take it while you were driving.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm glad someone else has posted something about these strange jets in the sky. Almost everynight, right at sunset i see numerous jets doing odd things in the sky. Most people would say that theyre just planes flying by, but that really cant be the situation because of the circumstances. Theres always a weird amount of jets in the sky at a time, never just maybe 1-2, theres about 10-15 in a 10 minute time frame. and they arent close enough to be dealing with our airport. and theyre almost always going the exact same direction, to the same point in the sky. Well needless to say, since a few months ago i stare at the sky after i get off work just to see if i see anything weird, since its not normal to see. A few days ago i was watching the sky and saw an object flying towards the SW it looked like and it had a pretty good length trail behind it, so you could tell it was still moving. Then out of nowhere the trail just stopped getting longer, and there was no evidence of the object even being there still. it was just gone and the trail just disappeared (like it naturally would). and then about a minute later, another object came from the same direction and at the same spot in the sky, the EXACT same thing happened. it was gone! and once again, the trail disappeared like it naturally would. at this point, my mind was boggled and i couldnt stop staring to see if anything else was going on. and a few minutes later, in the same spot a jet appeared and was flying towards the same spot, but what was weird this time was there was another jet that came from the side and then got directly behind the first jet, and was actually in the back of its trail, in the smoke or whatever. I dont know too much about about flying, but i know that its not normal for planes/jets to be that close together, so theyre had to be something going on. especially with the fact that they were going towards the spot where the previous two objects just vanished in midair. I live in eastern IA, right on the border of IL and IA and im not sure how closee that is to where youre at, but i think theres strange things going on in the midwest sky and we need to keep paying attention!

also, i noticed that it seems like sunset in your photo. and this is really the only time i see things like this in the sky, i dont think thats just coincidence. and the object/jet look exactly the same but the objects i saw just had a longer trail behind them. good catch!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Right now there is an asteroid that can be seen, possibly that.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Nice catch of a meteor in the Earth's atmosphere. Not sure if it landed anywhere on the planet or just burnt up in the air. Just to note, it's not an asteroid! However, you get a *S* for your picture. Call it fireball in the sky or something like that. Just my two cents.
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

[*SNIP*]... a meteor would be travelling entirely too fast to allow this average joe enough time to see it... think about it for a sec... think, 'hey, i better take a pic of that'... get out his camera or phone... turn it on or open the app... Have you ever seen a meteor pass into our atmosphere? Wake Up!

Mod Note: Removed name calling. Please remember that courtesy is mandatory.
edit on 3/7/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join