It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Star and flag for the OP. I appreciate you speaking out for the fact that you are a moderate, peaceful Muslim. What you and people like you need to do though is not so much let your voice be heard among people who are not of the Muslim faith, but let your voice be heard among the radical, violent sect of your faith.

They are the ones who need to change, not us. We don't strap bombs to ourselves and blow up as many people as we can. You may not like what some of us say, but we don't kill innocent people in the name of our faith.

Prioritize my friend.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to mention my friend Dylan Boyd has a topic posted about him, his family, and codefendants here on ats.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Hey buddy. Don't leave. There are radicals in every religion. I have been to Iran twice, and it killed me, as being a white non-muslim dude, I could not even think about touching one of the beautiful Iranian girls! HOT MAMA!!! I don't agree with the laws and all the different sects, Sharia Law, or whatever because I hate to see such women disrespected and degraded. But I definitely won't put anyone down, no matter what they believe in.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My only issue with islam,is it says "the only right religion is islam" and i read that straight out of the quran.
Now,that can lead to some dangerous situations. I was going to try and read the quran and maybe try to accept it,until i read the part were it states it is the only right religion. Now i know it is wrong saying that because christianity is right.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

Unfortunately, in various translations it does say that but some say that it actually says "religions of the book". There are also numerous places in the Qur'an where muslims are told to be peaceful with the people of the book which are the Jews and Christians. The "non-believers" that the Qur'an speaks of is the idol worshipers of 5th-6th century Arabia.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Dude its not your fault, blame it on the media and the brainwashing man. Trust me it is not your fault. We like all race religions and creed. It was America's founding principle. Its just that the media doesn't for their own nefarious purposes.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Never did I say I have a problem with people hating radicals, I'm happy to hate right along with them. The only thing I have a problem with is being called a liar and being grouped in with the same demons I speak out against. Please don't add extra to what I said.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Dude.. Your avatar. LOL I freakin love it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I just joined ATS, but I know that what they say about EVERYONE being open minded individuals, is obviously wrong. Everyone on a public website will have at least some bigoted, ignorant people. Muslim discrimination has grown greatly since 9/11. When someone or some people commit a crime, or something that people don't agree with, many of them turn that into a stereotype for their religion/culture/race.
edit on 5-3-2011 by Spetsnaz2077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Salaam Aleikum.. I commend your bravery in stating the truth here knowing the hate / fear that is present.. Sadly regardless how much one tries most westerners are to blinded by hate / fear to understand the truth - dont let them get you down with the blind hate / fear..
Ive many good friends who are muslim that met over the years on my travels when visited their countries.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Dude.. Your avatar. LOL I freakin love it.

Thanks its from the show "parks and recreation" It is ron, he loves meat just like me lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Spetsnaz2077

Welcome! From what I've seen most people on ATS are good people. Yes 9/11 was all bad for us as Muslims. I remember the day it happened my mother got verbally harassed by a random white male. It all hit home right then and there that this was not headed in a good direction.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I appreciate your support, but would like to openly state that I don't agree with grouping "them" as westerners for the simple fact that I'm an American, born and raised, so I'm just as western as the next man. (but I still rep the east COAST =])

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

LOL that's hilarious, I've watched it once (While we are TOTALLY off topic) lol

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Alxandro

Since when did being sick, and tired equate to anger? I haven't been angry one time today, but thank you for your concern.

Ok, let me rephrase,
why aren't you sick and tired of your radicals giving your faith a bad name?

Rather than hating on ATS members, end the cycle and try reaching out to the Jihad kiddies instead.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH! You don't want a muslim to speak out against radicals, you just want another muslim CO-SIGNING THEIR ACTIONS! I'm considering leaving ATS because for a community of open minded people, there are surely a LOT of close minded individuals here. And based on the amount of stars and flags THEY get I'd say the number keeps growing. I OPPOSE RADICALS OF ANY FAITH. I oppose violence, especially violence in the name of God. Now, lets see how many people say I'm lying...

PeaceLoveLight

It isn't so much that you are liar because your a muslim, it is more so that muslims are enabled to lie by your ethical/moral standards. The truth is Islam is a dangerous Cult. Started by a pedo-check, advocated violence against non-believers-check, kill anyone who tries to leave-check.

So not only does your religion enable such monstrosities(While in the West Christianity if anything kept the West in check somewhat[I would of hate to see a world where the UK was at it's prime while still practicing druidism and Celtic culture]) but you muslims yourselves do not follow your own religion. In your own religion Muslim's aren't permitted to pester the "People of the Book"(for laymen that means Jew's and Christian's).

So you have a group of people that are members of a cult that advocates and enables pedophilia, boy-sex slavery and the treatment of women far worse then even the ancient Athenians; and the people that adhere to said religion can't even follow the one limiting rule in their religion(limiting as in how Muslims are supposed to engage with Non-Muslims, the Koran allows for the wholesale slaughter of pagans). Muslims should be treating Jew's and Christians like we got cooties or something and leave us alone.

When you some it up Islam is nothing more then a dangerous cult.

Mod Note: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
edit on 3/6/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I applaud your response and I agree. I love God but, I hate religion it confuses and misleads many good people. Do unto others as you would like done unto yourself. PEACE

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well for the past 6 pages all I've been talking about is how sick and tired I am of radicals. You need to actually read before you try to hit me with some 'profound' argument.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

What in the...... ok, you know what, wow, I'm taking a break now..........

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Is that not what the op has been saying? I know on page five, we had a lovely little conversation about Muslims (and I hope non Muslims) having a rally against radicalism.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join