It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a muslim. I'm not violent/radical. Tell me I'm lying!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Just for GP I do also have a problem with moderate or peaceful muslims who don't speak loud enough against these dumb flippin radical wannabe muslims.

Why dont Christian Leaders, President, Speaker of the House speak loud enough against Extremists Christian Groups ? Such as:

Army of God
Christian Identity Movement
Christian Patriot Movement
Christian Radical - Richard Clarke
Dove World Outreach Center
Hutaree Christian Militia Group
Lambs of Christ
Scientology
Westboro Baptist

And any other compound that masks as christian living

why is it that the fact that the gun-toting psychopaths in the United States who are constantly featured on the news (like the "Freemen") are almost never referred to as Christians?
edit on 5-3-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

It seems that double standards thrive in this day and age. The only thing that is a threat when twisted and radicalized is Islam apparently. Radical Christians aren't called radical, they're called........ Wait, what are they called again???

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Exactly!

Often they wont even attach the word 'christian' to it (as we can even see in this thread)

Double Standards for sure

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Ellen15

It seems that double standards thrive in this day and age. The only thing that is a threat when twisted and radicalized is Islam apparently. Radical Christians aren't called radical, they're called........ Wait, what are they called again???

Your definitions of radical is radically different in each country. Radical Islam= Beheadings,stonings,extreme violence.
Radical Christians in the US= Westboro holding signs of hate at funerals, occasional violence against abortion clinics.

In the US when radical christians perform violence they are tried and punished
In the Middle East when radical Islamiists perform violence they call it Sharia Law.

See the difference? And FYI Hate is not against the law. You can hate who ever or whatever you like.Its called freedom.
And they are "Fundementalists Christians".. Why are you trying so hard to convince others in the US to like you? Americans usually judge someone by their actions, not their words. I looked at your posts and I see nothing really concrete that would suggest you condemning Radical Islam.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by searching4truth

Of course social media would be my first line of spreading the word. I just need to handle certain things such as endorsements from various high profile individuals so I can go further than just 100 or 1000 people with picket signs. If we're picketing, I wand hundreds of thousands nationwide you know?

What type of high profile people are you talking about? Religiously important or your run of mill celebrity or local personalities (aldermen, mayors, radio hosts, etc)?

I know that you want it to be HUGE. And I am speaking with zero knowledge of what types of plans you have or who you may have already contacted or even where you are. Just googling a list of famous American Muslims (because that's where I am) I would shoot out letters or phones calls. I encourage some of our more fearful members to see the wiki page of famous American Muslims en.wikipedia.org... .

There were quite a few people on it that I never would have guessed, not that I often think about the religion of actors, musicians, newscasters, athletes, etc. My point is that from this list, of some very surprising and famous people, it is overwhelming clear that not all Muslims are extremists.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I believe you. In fact, I believe most Muslims are peaceful people who simply want to worship in their own way, raise their families, reach their potential, and live in harmony. I've met some of you and there is no way I'm going to place you in the same category as a "terrorist," whatever that is.

I believe MOST CHRISTIANS are peaceful people who simply want to worship in their own way, raise their families, reach their potential and live in harmony. I've met some of you and there is no way I'm going to place you in the same category as a extremist group of radical christians, whatever that is

What is troubling is that the 'peaceful Muslim world' is not saying, "Hey, wait a minute. You jihadists killing innocent people, usually fellow Muslims, is wrong. You should be shunned." Instead, by your silence, you are giving tacit approval to their actions. .

What is troubling is that peaceful loving christian leaders are not saying "hey wait a minute, you extreme radicals are killing innocent people, avocodating voilence, biogtry, racism, hatred - this is WRONG, YOU SHOULD BE SHUNNED... Instead there is silence from the President, Speaker of the House and Christian Leaders; high ranking priests, Bishops, Ministers, Pastors

Same can be said the same in the US

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by RRokkyy

How is spirituality not about belief? Please enlighten me.

You are lying to yourself. All religions are political terrorist cults. They start by terrorizing their own members. Religion is just a form of pagan beliefs and self hypnosis. They represent a childish adaptation to life. Your own cherry picked version would not even be accepted by most Muslims. Just what is it about religion that you need? Spirituality is about self transcendence,oneness, not belief.

All belief is a form of limitation.-John Lilly,MD

Children believe what they are told.
Adolescents deny and rebel against what they are told.
Mature adults take up the way of Self Sacrifice.
This is about surrendering the mind and body in the Divine.
Spirituality is about surrendering the EGO.
Beliefs are what have to be surrendered in Spirituality.

All Beliefs are a form of consolation for the EGO.
The first thing religions do is tell you if dont
believe you will be damned to Hell. That is terrorism.

Children need a reassuring father/mother figure.

Tells us what makes Islam better than any other
belief? Some people just like being controlled.
They like being treated like children. Whats
with you?
You are lying to yourself.
There is nothing you can believe that makes it so.
Reality can only be Intuited as Love/Bliss/Fullness.
Ask the Red Queen.
You,like all religious people have no Faith in Reality,
only fear, which you conceal with your beliefs.

edit on 5-3-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
With all due respect, you 'moderates' need to do a better job castigating the radical factions within Islamic communities.

Atleast 90% of terrorist attacks committed today are by radical muslims, fueled by a radical islamic theology which initself is fueled by the Quranic call for Jihad against non muslims.

So, dont try to deflect or extenuate where the problem lies.. The problem is with Islam. "Radical christians' or 'jews' or other radicals of other faiths are not as great a problem as terrorist attacks done in the name of Islam. Infact its hardly heard of, because networks dont have near the numbers, financial support and ideological foundation that Islamism has.

That being said i do respect the more spiritual sides of Islam, like Sufism. I happen to have a book coming dealing with precisely this subject (also book on Rumi's poetry)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

reply to post by Ellen15

Your definitions of radical is radically different in each country. Radical Islam= Beheadings,stonings,extreme violence.
Radical Christians in the US= Westboro holding signs of hate at funerals, occasional violence against abortion clinics.

In the US when radical christians perform violence they are tried and punished
In the Middle East when radical Islamiists perform violence they call it Sharia Law.

See the difference? And FYI Hate is not against the law. You can hate who ever or whatever you like.Its called freedom.

Shifting the goal post?

The OP has already said Sharia Law is NOT part of the Quran

Some western countries still have the death sentence in some States, some use torture
(Western Style Sharia Law - barbaric!)

Radical christians have murdered, beaten people, have bombed clinics, killed doctors, women, children, men.. some have planned murder to kill a group of people

Sure use the word hate, but when you kill a group of people, bomb a clinic, beat people because of their 'lifestyle' and/or damage their property ... thats a crime

To me to pretend one sort of crime is lesser than another crime is unforgiveable, its part of that mentality that loves to shift the goal post to pretend they are the best, they are better, when in fact they are not, we are not

We shouldnt paint an entire group with the same brush; cultures, traditions, customs, laws/justice, politics/economy, beliefs, are not the same in each and every country, including inside the Middle East and other countries where Islam is the most popular religion, ie Indonesia, Turkey, Bosnia

We have muslims living in our western countries who dont behead and stone

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by totalmetal

Umm, ok. Well I'm also in the southeastern U.S. Would you like to rendezvous so that you can kill me for being a non violent muslim?

No, I want to hug you! Have you heard of the Boyd case? With Daniel, Dylan, and Zak Boyd? As well as the codefendants whose names I can't remember...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

If your faith encourages you to be a brotherly non violent humanist like me then I salute you .

I live amongst all colours and creeds and wouldn't have it any other way .

Peace to man woman and child .
Love not hate

Peace Not War

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
After reading through some of the replies both here and from previous discussions involving Muslims, I do not believe that people (of the non Muslim and scared of Islam variety) want moderate Muslims to speak out. I think they are very comfortable in their assumption that all Muslims are evil and waiting to be radicalized. However, in my own experience as a non Muslim, whenever someone attacks my chosen faith, I feel a need to defend it and myself. I also believe that by constantly attacking Muslims they will in fact create a larger pool of people wanting to defend their faith, since they are repeatedly told how evil they are anyway.

I know I posted the wiki link a few posts back, but just for those who are scared to click on links I'll post a few of the people that I found unexpected and are far from what I would consider radical Muslims.

Iman---you know her, she's the supermodel take a look at some of her photos and tell me she is radical and oppressed woman.
Aasif Mandvi--he's on the daily show, and he works with a Jew, oh no, I'm sure he's packing under his suit someone save Jon Stewart

Akon--rapper
Everlast--rapper
Ice Cube--rapper, producer, actor
Mehmet Oz--doctor with a t.v. show
Rima Fakih--our current Miss USA

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
With all due respect, you 'moderates' need to do a better job castigating the radical factions within Islamic communities.

And how do you suppose they do that?
It is similar to radical and violent anarchy: according to my experience the majority is peaceful and wants to exercise peacefully their right to protest. It's a small minority that does all the rioting and give the rest a bad name. Have you ever tried to persuade a radical fanatic to change his ways?

Atleast 90% of terrorist attacks committed today are by radical muslims, fueled by a radical islamic theology which initself is fueled by the Quranic call for Jihad against non muslims.

I'm not well versed enough in matters of the Qur'an, but it was always my understanding that the modern call for Jihad was based on a misinterpretation of the source.

So, dont try to deflect or extenuate where the problem lies.. The problem is with Islam. "Radical christians' or 'jews' or other radicals of other faiths are not as great a problem as terrorist attacks done in the name of Islam. Infact its hardly heard of, because networks dont have near the numbers, financial support and ideological foundation that Islamism has.

The problem is with violent radicals in general. Also, it depends where you live: here in Ellas (Greece), I can't remember ever being a target of Muslim terrorist. However, we have our own homegrown terrorists (radical left) who concern us more than a Muslim terrorist attack somewhere far away.

edit on 5/3/2011 by WalterRatlos because: to fix emoticons

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

If you could read the book that was written before yours you would see that Jesus is a human form of God sent to us on earth because Humans can not look at God in his normal form. His face is as bright as the sun.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I would like to connect with various religious leaders from all faiths, politicians, and even certain celebrities. Been working on this for about a month now, trying to get contact information for various individuals who would help build a contact network to get this is going in a few cities across the U.S and hopefully set a date on it soon.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Sufi's follow the same Qur'an that radicals CLAIM to follow. You don't sound too much like you've read the Qur'an on your own, sounds like you've had some media help. I'm not asking you to read for yourself because even then, as I previously stated, the Qur'an, like all religious doctrines was revealed during a time period in which we don't live, and which is a lot of times hard to understand.

You you've actually read my posts, you would see that I'm am trying to organize an uprising AGAINST radical Islam so this "you moderates" stuff can be taken elsewhere. Not sure if you've ever tried to convince a crackhead that crack is wrong, but I can guarantee you that what I'm trying to do is MUCH harder!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

No sir but I'll be sure to look it up.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'm so so so sick and tired of people, ESPECIALLY on ATS with all of their "where are the moderate muslims" and "why don't peaceful muslims speak out against radical Islam", and when I'm right here in your face, and when I respond to your request for a voice, you tell me I'm LYING TO PROTECT MY FAITH!

I think all that anger should be directed towards your radical own, not at other ATS members.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Since when did being sick, and tired equate to anger? I haven't been angry one time today, but thank you for your concern.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

No sir but I'll be sure to look it up.

LOL the mods warned me for my first post. It was just a joke. Anyway, those guys I named are Muslim and have been jailed for alleged conspiracy to commit terrorism. I spent some time in a cell with Dylan Boyd and from his story he seemed perfectly innocent. Who knows for sure, but that was my first time spent with a real muslim and he was a great guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join