It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eyewitness accounts of ET technology are now emerging in government research and in the marketplace.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by subby
Of course, this leads to he inevitable 'technological singularity'; the time when artificial intelligence gets together with the nanobots and creates our Matrix / Terminator future.

I've always thought that that future could easily be avoided by treating AI with the same right we give any sentient being. Just because we created them doesn't make them our slaves.

Sorry for the off topicness. But like Fry I've always wanted to have a robot for a friend.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic

Originally posted by subby
Of course, this leads to he inevitable 'technological singularity'; the time when artificial intelligence gets together with the nanobots and creates our Matrix / Terminator future.

I've always thought that that future could easily be avoided by treating AI with the same right we give any sentient being. Just because we created them doesn't make them our slaves.

Sorry for the off topicness. But like Fry I've always wanted to have a robot for a friend.

And then there was 'Blade Runner'

I don't think this is strictly off-topic. We're talking about the rapid advancement of human technology and it's impact on human life. It's a massive topic. Well, actually, I suppose the whole 'singlarity' concept is off-topic in the Alien + UFO board. I'll leave it there and move to the tech board if continuing that line of thinking.
edit on 4-3-2011 by subby because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I used to believe all this "alien technology" stuff until I watch a history channel special. It was called the Nazi deception. I'll keep this description sized as the ultra condensed version of the show. Basically, we confiscated almost all of the alternative technology and scientists from Nazi Germany and brought them to different loacalities in the US military bases to continue their work with American scientists. It also claims that most UFO hotspots are near these military installments. The types of hyroglyphs on some of these sightings are the same type of hyroglyphic symbolism on the Nazi Bell (especially the pennsylvania sighting that was a match to the discription of the nazi bell). The military could have not gotten luckier than to have people think its secret testing of advanced technology is actually aliens. Especially if they plan on a false invasion attack on us. The military has far more advanced technology than we realize and advance technology is indistinguishable from magic.
On the other hand and not in this show, some of the scientists from Germany claimed they had "help" in a lot of their alternative sciences.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Just to put this out there, most of the technological advancements in the past few decades you can thank the microprocessor for, plain and simple. the more we refine them, the smaller and more powerful they become, and more new fancy shiny devices can be made. Not really a mystery
edit on 4-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thank you for expressing intelligence. The only alien invasion we need to worry about is the false one!"

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
heres some thing might find of interest, i found this years ago when i got my 1st computer, i had a real big interest in ufo's and anything had had to do with the subject, and the internet was just choke full. well i came across this on the original, acc web site. but as time went on that computer crashed and i lost everything. then when i finally decide to get a new i could not find it. well that was 5 computers back. the one day i came across this web site and found this.

/www.subversiveelement.com/Roswell_ACC_Original.html

pretty interesting, wonder if its ture.

this is the home of the site.

www.subversiveelement.com/SubversiveElement.html

they even fly a big video banner for ats.

edit on 4-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
well wonder's never cease, just googgled acc and found this.

/www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread59681/pg1

so i guess we can go straight to him seeing hows he is a member and still active.
edit on 4-3-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Very good post, and although you stated from the early 90s, I think as "The Day After Roswell" shows, this began in the mid-40s.....and now it's only compounding upon itself.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Star and flag for an excellent post, WeRpeons, thanks for posting. It just stand to reason that many of the technologies we have are from back engineered ET craft, as the post points out, to think otherwise makes no sense. The ET are trying to help us along, give us the tools we need to ascend. Why do so many deny their existence?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
great recopilation mate, but what makes me a little sad is that if Alien technology was reverse engineered then we are not that smart no? and what we call cutting edge tech its not our merit? just sayin'

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Great thread! Loads of stuff to check out there. With Antimatter there's also this, have been researching a bit too and will probably write about it in the near future :

Scientists examine using antimatter and fusion to propel future spacecraft

"We're building a Penning trap," Smith said, "one that will be lightweight and robust." When completed, it will weigh about 100 kg (220 lbs), much of it liquid nitrogen and helium to keep about a trillion anti-protons - far less than a nanogram - quiescent in a zone about 1 mm (1/25th inch) across.

science.nasa.gov...

antimatter propulsion

Devotees of Star Trek will need no reminding that the starships Enterprise and Voyager are powered by engines that utilize antimatter. Far from being fictional, the idea of propelling spacecraft by the annihilation of matter and antimatter is being actively investigated at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, Pennsylvania State University, and elsewhere. The principle is simple: an equal mixture of matter and antimatter provides the highest energy density of any known propellant.

www.daviddarling.info...

edit on 4-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Some time ago I compiled a list of all the amazing technologies that came out of the 1950's and 60's. Things like titanium had been around forever but not really understood until the early 50s. Fiber Optics had been around since the lightbulb but they could not get it to work effectively until the 1950s. If you read Philip Corso manuscript, he claims that Fiber Optics was discovered at Roswell and they learned how to wrap the optics so that it could turn corners, only then did it become a viable product.

You could also make an extremely good case that there really was no evolution of the circuit board, in early days of computing computing 1947-1959 the machines were literally as big as a house and then the circuit board magically appeared and the house size computer fit into a reasonably small box.

This is not intended to diminish the acheivements of mankind in anyway. This is just a statement of a few of the amazing developments of the 1950s and 60s. I developed this list to give the issue some clarity and as food for thought.

The List

Titanium 1951
Sometimes called the "space age metal"
Titanium was discovered in 1791, but it was not until the early 1950s titanium began to be used extensively for military aviation purposes, particularly in high-performance jets, starting with aircraft such as the F100 Super Sabres and Lockheed A-12.

In the USA, the Department of Defense realized the strategic importance of the metal and supported early efforts of commercialization. Throughout the period of the Cold War, titanium was considered a Strategic Material by the U.S. government, and a large stockpile of titanium sponge was maintained by the Defense National Stockpile Center.

Bullet Proof Vest 1951
Bullet proof vest have been around since WWII but they were not really understood or did much good until the early 1950s. During the Korean War several new vests were produced for the United States military, including the M-1951, which made use of fibre-reinforced plastic or aluminium segments woven into a nylon vest. These vests represented "a vast improvement on weight, but the armor failed to stop bullets and fragments very successfully," although officially they were claimed to be able to stop 7.62x25mm Tokarev pistol rounds at the muzzle. Developed by Natick Laboratories and introduced in 1967, T65-2 plate carriers were the first vests designed to hold hard ceramic plates, making them capable of stopping 7 mm rifle rounds

Transistor radio 1953
Pottering around the garden to the sounds of the Ashes; lying back in the bath with The Archers on; blocking out the office din with a chart hit; all simple pleasures made possible by the transistor radio. Until their introduction, radios were bulky affairs hooked up to the mains, but that changed in the early 1950s when the transistor manufacturer Texas Instruments commissioned the Indianapolis firm IDEA to develop the Regency TR1, which cost almost $500 in today's money when it went on sale in 1954

Remote Control, 1955
1955—TV REMOTE CONTROLIt marks the official end of humanity's struggle for survival and the beginning of its quest for a really relaxing afternoon. The wireless remote, designed by Zenith's Eugene Polley, is essentially a flashlight. When Zenith discovers that direct sunlight also can change channels on the remote-receptive TVs, the company comes out with a model that uses ultrasound; it lasts into the 1980s, to the chagrin of many a family dog. The industry then switches to infrared.

Pacemaket, 1956
In 1956, Wilson Greatbatch grabs the wrong resistor and connects it to a device he is building to record heartbeats. When the circuit emits a pulse, he realizes the device can be used to control the beat; in 1960 the first PACEMAKER is successfully implanted in a human.

Laser Technology, 1958
1958/LASER BEAM Whitens teeth, removes tattoos, corrects vision, scans groceries, tracks missiles. Man has been trying to find a way to contain a laser beam technology magically arrives on the scene in the 1950s.

Fiber Optics, 1958
Fiber optic has been around for a hundred years but it was not really until late 1958 that it was understood how it could be used for commercial and military purposes. Oddly enough the laser and fiber optics pretty much developed at the same time.

Microchip, 1958
It is impossible to sum up how much these tiny slivers of silicon and metal have transformed our lives. They feature in everything from toys to tanks and motorbikes to microwaves but when, in 1952, the engineer Geoffrey Dummer proposed using a block of silicon, whose layers would provide the components of electronic systems, nobody took him seriously and he never built a working prototype. Six years later, US engineer Jack Kilby took the baton and built the world's first monolithic integrated circuit, or microchip

Integrated Circuit, 1959The first general-purpose computer, the nearly 30-ton ENIAC (1947), contains 18,000 vacuum tubes, 70,000 resistors and 10,000 capacitors. In 1959, the INTEGRATED CIRCUIT puts those innards on one tiny chip. Before the entire world is networked, there is the ARPANET—four computers linked in 1969.

Communication Satellites, 1960
In 1960 AT&T filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for permission to launch an experimental communications satellite with a view to rapidly implementing an operational system. The U.S. government reacted with surprise-- there was no policy in place to help execute the many decisions related to the AT&T proposal. By the middle of 1961, NASA had awarded a competitive contract to RCA to build a medium-orbit (4,000 miles high) active communication satellite (RELAY); AT&T was building its own medium-orbit satellite (TELSTAR) which NASA would launch on a cost-reimbursable basis; and NASA had awarded a sole- source contract to Hughes Aircraft Company to build a 24-hour (20,000 mile high) satellite (SYNCOM). The military program, ADVENT, was cancelled a year later due to complexity of the spacecraft, delay in launcher availability, and cost over-runs

Cordless Technology, 1961
In 1961 Black and Decker releases its first cordless drill, but designers could not coax more than 20 watts from its NiCd batteries. Instead, they strive for efficiency, modifying gear ratios and using better materials. The revolutionary result puts new power in the hands of DIYers and—thanks to a NASA contract—the gloves of astronauts.

Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, 1962
Widespread use of remotely piloted aircraft begins during the Vietnam War with deployment of 1000 AQM-34 Ryan Firebees. The first model of these 29-ft.-long planes was developed in just 90 days in 1962. AQM-34s go on to fly more than 34,000 surveillance missions. Their success leads to the eventual development of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicles widely used today.

Night Vision Devices, 1963
First generation passive devices, introduced during the Vietnam War, were an adaptation of earlier active GEN 0 technology, and rely on ambient light instead of an infrared light source. Using an S-20 photocathode, their image intensifiers produce a light amplifier 1000X but also require moonlight to operate.

Mouse, 1964
Early computers were the size of houses and sported a bewildering array of buttons and sliders. With the explosion in the amount of information pinging across screens around the world, a simple way to manage it all was required. The US radar technician Douglas Engelbart of the Stanford Research Institute took up the challenge and produced the first "X-Y position indicator" prototype in 1964. Its tail-like cable lead to the mouse moniker, and their population is expected to top a billion by the end of next year.

Charged-Couple Device, 1969
Bell Labs' George Smith and Willard Boyle invent a charge-coupled device (CCD) that can measure light arriving at a rate of just one photon per minute. Smith and Boyle's apparatus allows extremely faint images to be recorded, which is very useful in astronomy. Today, its most noticeable impact is in digital cameras, which rely on CCD arrays containing millions of pixels.

Source and to read more; www.educatinghumanity.com... -technology-come-from.html

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

WeRpeons, you are wrong in seeing technology as some kind of "closed system". Technology is directly tied to wider, deeper systemic factors of History.

An example is that actual hybrid cars are nothing new in the field of electric cars... since electric cars were developed as early as the '20s... just as biodiesel-fueled cars were designed by Rudolph Diesel even before oil-based diesel engines were adopted.

The whole race to the moon, as well as the nuclear arms and energy race were the result of high tensions between the USSR and USA/NATO. The Soviets always had the scientific and technological edge that the US wanted to top with, whichj they succeeded in a way, but not without stealing the ideas from the Soviets. You might be impressed, as an instance, of the whole space exploration program that the USSR had in the '50s up until the US sent a spacecraft to Moon. They first developed the plan of sending drones everywhere in the galaxy for scientific research, when Americans were still struggling with the difficulties of man-based missions in space. And they got by far the best mathematicians and IT scientists in the world for a time.

So if so many technologies linger and lag, that's because some powers-that-be don't wanna support these, or simply shut these down. Just as the Church lied to the entire Christian world, for centuries, about the Earth being flat.

In other words, Science is not politically neutral.
edit on 4/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rgray222

Communication Satellites, 1960
In 1960 AT&T filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for permission to launch an experimental communications satellite with a view to rapidly implementing an operational system. The U.S. government reacted with surprise-- there was no policy in place to help execute the many decisions related to the AT&T proposal. By the middle of 1961, NASA had awarded a competitive contract to RCA to build a medium-orbit (4,000 miles high) active communication satellite (RELAY); AT&T was building its own medium-orbit satellite (TELSTAR) which NASA would launch on a cost-reimbursable basis; and NASA had awarded a sole- source contract to Hughes Aircraft Company to build a 24-hour (20,000 mile high) satellite (SYNCOM). The military program, ADVENT, was cancelled a year later due to complexity of the spacecraft, delay in launcher availability, and cost over-runs

Don't wanna restart the Cold War bragging rgray
... but the Soviets launched the first comm satellite in 1957 already, the Sputnik, and this was part of their developments in the field of space probes and other unmanned space vehicles. This site you're linking to seems somewhat biaised, but a good find still...
edit on 4/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Dear OP - without ET technologies there was no toilet paper. I have the proof - pictures of body parts
before and after the wiping.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Awesome post, thank you for the read! S&F!! I hope that we see contact soon, good or bad, I'm tired of waiting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

History channel documentaries are a straight crock. Just checkout the documentary on the freemason. Not to mention the 911 one is laughable. They dont disprove a thing, they just say we like conspiracy theories.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Very intriguing.
Ive always speculated the Govt was doing this. The technology boom of the past few years has been immensely fast.
I must say i have a huge feeling that in response to the declining american dollar we're going to need something to keep us out of China's pocket. This might be out ticket.
Dont be surprised if theres another huge tech boom soon. The Govt is really going to need it.

Ive also heard conversations of ex military officials claiming the technology we use today has been in development and military use for years.

Ive always said that we have to have something, something extraterrestrial, something extraordinary for them to shut down NASA.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am an electronic tech and the thing that still amazes me is the so-called invention of the transistor. You have to remember is those days everything was based on the use of the vaccuum tube. It seems a far cry to think that somehow scientists could come up with the idea of using silica sand as the base for an electronic device. That is a very long stretch to give those guys credit for that. If you go to the American computer companies website it tells more about the subject. But after the period of the late 40's technology seemed to start jumping ahead by leeps and bounds

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join