It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Senate passes resolution calling for Democrats to be taken into police custody

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

unless in hot pursuit or in severe exigent circumstances the WI LEOS must stop at the state border and request IL. LEOS to begin the extradition process.
each state is sovereign and has total jurisdiction over its lands and borders.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My answer is simple, if you do not do the job you were hired to do you should be FIRED! That kind of behavior would not be accepted in any other profession, so no need to find them just ask their wives were to send the pink slips. I do not agree with Walker taking away the collective bargaining rights from the state employees but running away from doing your job is disgraceful.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I respect the rule of law. If it is against the law to play politics with your elected duties, then arrest them. They don't get to overturn an election because they are radicals freaks..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
My answer is simple, if you do not do the job you were hired to do you should be FIRED! That kind of behavior would not be accepted in any other profession, so no need to find them just ask their wives were to send the pink slips. I do not agree with Walker taking away the collective bargaining rights from the state employees but running away from doing your job is disgraceful.

What you don't get - - is they ran away to DO their job.

The only person disgraceful here is Walker using strong arm tactics - - - and power backed money.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bphi1908

What you don't get - - is they ran away to DO their job.

The only person disgraceful here is Walker using strong arm tactics - - - and power backed money.

Is it opposite day or something how is running away doing their jobs, and power backed money *cough* unions lobby money *cough* sorry had something in my throat. I appluad Walker hell with union blood suckers. The funny thing is if it was republicans doing this right now Obama would have a huge hour long press conference lecturing how its childish and irresponsible and Dems would be posturing how they'd never do such a thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Lacking a charge, by what authority can any government seize a citizen? .
Isn't a Democratic Republic, such as ours, supposed to be compelled to compromise, not capitulate?
I see political gamesmanship that is disturbing in it's winner take all 'construct.'

Excellent!
This post brought tears to my eyes, and attested to the rightness of a Democratic Republic, why I would love my country.

If we can no longer abide by the values, the ideals, set up by those men of great intellect at the start of this Great Experiment, then no enemy can do us greater peril.

If I wish to do something to my political opponent, that I would find reprehensible if done to me, then no amount of votes could ever redeem my personal failure.

We were not meant to suffer a govt of leaders acting in a tyrannical nature, refusing compromise, gathering all unto themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Bad Boys , Bad Boys , watcha gonna do when the " Man" comes for You ? RUN Ya Cowards , RUN !

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No, YOU don't get it. They have a State constitutional duty (the law) as eleted officials to fullfil their elected duties which means show up for their jobs at the State house.

Remove yourself from your partisan cause for a moment and imagine an elected official - a Republican "fascist", after the election, just decided to take a job as a CEO but did not have the respect to resign because he wanted to collect the money as an elected official. That guy would be in violation of the state constitution and would be prosecuted.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by Annee

No, YOU don't get it. They have a State constitutional duty (the law) as eleted officials to fullfil their elected duties which means show up for their jobs at the State house.

Yes - I do get it. I've been listening to discussions all day on this.

Have you?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

I don't think doing their jobs means they have to show up and vote - just because King Walker says they have to.

They have determined they people who voted them in would want them not to vote. If this isn't true, then they would be recalled.

I guess the question is who gets to make a the call - the King or people.

edit on March 3rd 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Regardless of which side you are on, can everyone see how this power to arrest people can be misused.

There are no checks and balances on Walker's power.

Sometimes the left is in power, sometimes the right.

Do you really want to have a society which arrests people for not agreeing with them? All without a jury or due process?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

If all the State Senators are in Illinois, It won't be the Wisconsin State police going to arrest them it will be the Illinois State police. All Wisconsin has to do is issue an arrest warrant for all runaway Wisconsin Senators then go pick them up after Illinois arrests them.

It does seem that the senators are violating WI state laws by what they are doing. Just about every state has laws on the books to try and prevent what these Senators have done.

And like it or not the senators are in the wrong. It is THEIR JOB TO DEBATE AND VOTE ON EVERY BILL that makes it to the floor of their house! IT IS NOT THE PEOPLES JOB TO DO THE ELECTED OFFICIALS JOB!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Walker doesn't have the Authority to issue arrest warrants even for state legislators. the leadership of each house has the authority to charge it members with Crimes, issue arrest warrants for members and it is the Senate's job to prosecute them!

And Not every state allows for elected officials to be recalled by the people. They are elected for a set term and unless they break a law and forced out or resign they will stay in office until their term is up
edit on 3/3/2011 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

If all the State Senators are in Illinois, It won't be the Wisconsin State police going to arrest them it will be the Illinois State police. All Wisconsin has to do is issue an arrest warrant for all runaway Wisconsin Senators then go pick them up after Illinois arrests them.

It does seem that the senators are violating WI state laws by what they are doing. Just about every state has laws on the books to try and prevent what these Senators have done.

And like it or not the senators are in the wrong. It is THEIR JOB TO DEBATE AND VOTE ON EVERY BILL that makes it to the floor of their house! IT IS NOT THE PEOPLES JOB TO DO THE ELECTED OFFICIALS JOB!

There is exactly zero chance Illinois State Police will detain the democratic senators...keep dreaming. There is no warrant out for their arrest...they aren't even to be "arrested", just detained and forcefully brought back to Madison. They are breaking no laws...which is why they can't be arrested. Plus...Governor Walker has no control over Illinois Police...and IL is controlled by democrats...like I said...zero chance.

The senators are doing their job...give a voice to the minority.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Again and again, I'll say it.

It's not Walker's role to decide if the other side is doing their job - it's the people who elected them.

It's fine you think lawmakers have to vote on EVERY BILL. If yo believe that vote for someone you think will do just that.

I think it's great for the people who I elect to refrain from voting on certain bills.

Why should King Walker and Koch get to over-ride my decision?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

Maybe - Maybe Not

I like talk radio. I listen to it every chance I get. I try to find "centric" stations that discuss both sides/views.

I heard at least two lawyers today - - - neither seemed to think there was any legitimate illegal activity by the senators. It all came down to interpretation.

After listening to discussion most of today - - I side with the "run-away" Senators.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder that ATS does have a policy of Civility & Decorum

Discuss the topic and not each other.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Again and again, I'll say it.

It's not Walker's role to decide if the other side is doing their job - it's the people who elected them.

There are recalls in the works. There is something about one year. That Walker has to be on the job one year - - and/or it takes a year to process a recall.

After listening to discussions all day - - my conclusion is: Walker is bad news. Bought and paid for by power money.

KING? More like dictator.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

There is no arrest warrant YET. And if the Illinois State Police receive arrest warrants for the Senators hiding in their state BY LAW THEY HAVE TO ARREST THEM or they can be charged with Aiding and abedding a Fugitive.

Umm what do you think being detained and forced back to Wisconsin means? HELLO IT MEANS THEY WILL BE ARRESTED! and extradited back to WI

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

So its ok with you that these senators aren't doing their job and if they don't like the bill vote NO on it?

Seriously they are paid to vote on bills its their job! they need to do it. running away and stalling all legislative actions that need to be done aren't being done because these 14 people refuse to do their job its as simple as that!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join