It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hey there everyone, apologies for being away so long (real world interruptions ... no consideration
).

Anyhoo I just wanted to let you know that I hadn't deserted you and I shall be answering all questions ... I had no idea this was going to be quite such a busy thread so it may take me a while ... please be patient

Also I will be adding the tips and techniques for 'self-regression' later too

Ok, off to make a coffee then I shall be back to the keyboard.

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
My question.
Please tell me when will I stop coming back to this insane, crazy upside down world?

I've had enough of all the ignorant, brain dead, lost people...Stop the world I want to get off

edit on 3-3-2011 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

Hey Mythkiller,

You have to remind yourself that however good / bad / boring etc your present life is ... your soul actually chose this incarnation to experience the lessons it could learn from it.

You also have to understand that as human-beings we have the gift of 'free-will' which gives us the ability to sidestep / avoid certain situations if we choose too ... unfortunately if one of the things we sidestep / avoid happens to be something our soul had specifically chosen to experience in order to achieve development ... well, unfortunately we must return at some time (all be it in a different senario) to repeat the lessons we skipped previously
('free-will' gotta love it).

Alternatively, in a previous lifetime you may have been one of those ignorant / lost / braindead people ... and this time you wanted to see what it's like from the other side of the fence.

Either way maybe it's time to grasp the nettle ... see what it is about these people who irritate you so much and see what you can learn from the way they make you feel ... maybe the lesson is something as simple and straightforward as 'patience'.

Just take time to examine the things that have crossed your path ... how they have effected you (positively and negitively) and ask yourself how you can use those experiences to help you progress and develop.

The more you fight against it ... the longer it will take to work through it and move forward.

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by woodwytch

You mentioned you do not use hypnosis, there are other out there, Bryan Jameison comes to mind.

Long acclaimed as a Master Past-Life regressionist, Bryan also is internationally recognized as a true pioneer in the field of past-life therapy. After creating his own non-hypnotic method of past-life regression in 1968, he went on to facilitate more than 25,000 regressions and trained nearly 2,000 others to become past-life regressionists in the United States,Canada and Western Europe.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Bryan Jaemison has passed from this lifetime.

www.christian-reincarnation.com...

Hey there Aquarius1,

Thanks for the information and links I'd never heard of this guy before but I shall definately check them out

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have to admit I have doubts about the whole past lives issue. Not an adamant disbeliever, but not convinced either. But I do have a question related to the issue.

What do you say to someone who claims to remember past lives, but they always seem to be based on movies, even to the point of using names of the major characters? For example, I was once told that I was, in a former life, the Cincinnati Kid, who, oddly enough, was described as looking like Bogart in the Big Sleep. This same person also claims to have lived lives that uncannily resemble the storylines of Gone With the Wind and Gaslight.

I personally think this person just has attention issues, but I'd like to hear you thoughts on the matter.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
What Would You Like To Ask A Pastlife Regression Therapist?

When did you decide to become a charlatan & self appointed witch doctor?
Have you no shame?

Anyone who understands the constraints and effectiveness of of hypnotherapy combined with human tendencies to fabricate information under hypnotism cannot take these people, or their 'findings' seriously.

IRM

Hey there IRM,

Y'know there is not much that shocks me these days ... but your post was one of the exceptions. I know that you have been a member on here near enough as long as I have ... and whilst we haven't really crossed paths much on the boards I always considered you as one of the ATS stalwarts.

I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that you never ever struck me as the kind of member who would throw a somewhat rude accusation at a fellow member without a modicum of validation ... because you have clearly not even read the OP properly, let alone any of my replies ... if you had then you would be well aware that I am adamantly against the use of hypnotherapy in such practices. (seriously gobsmacked
).

I can say that with confidence because if you had read before commenting you would know without a shadow of doubt that I am so far removed from the charlatanistic, new-age, self-proclaimed witchdoctor that you labelled me to be !!!

You ask if 'I have no shame'.

In short, I have nothing to feel shame for sugar.

I have stated from the beginning that I am not here to convince or convert ... just share the things I know with those who are interested ... with the intention of helping them to avoid the traps and pitfall of the unethical (and there are many) sorry if that offends you.

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Woody! Hey!

I have just a quick question, concerning something I apparently said to my mum when I was four years old.

Later in life my mum told me what had happened and what I said to her.

In short, she said I told her that I was actually her mother in my previous life. Apparently this happened when we were walking along some street and she tugged at my hand.
She said that my whole voice sort of got ''adult like'' and I stated that she shouldn't tug my hand like that. I said I never treated her like that when I was her mum.
She asked when I was her mum, and I said before I was even born, or something along those lines. (can't quite remember now exactly how she told me)

She got scared by the unusual change in me and my tone, along with what I was saying to her, but proceeded to question me.
She asked me was I also my dad's mum. I said ''No silly!!! My dad had white hair, and a long white beard''.

This is where she officially got too freaked out, and left it there. But it lingered with her long enough to tell me this when I grew up.

So! Has you ever heard of this, where a daughter/son can actually have been their parents parent in a previous life?

I know how confusing this all sounds. I don't usually explain things too well either. Sowwies!

Much Love!
edit on 5-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Im not sure, how I feel about regression, as a natural skeptic I have my doubts, but its still an interesting area and I remember watching a couple of UK TV presenters getting regressed which I thought was interesting.

Hey there woodwardjnr,

Thanks for adding these videoes ... I remember these shows being on TV ... in fact it was around this time that I started to get more clients coming to see me who were simply curious to discover the details of their pastlives ... whereas previously the majority of my clients were visiting for purely theraputic reasons (psychological issues / phobias etc).

I suppose shows like this are a bit of a double-edged sword really because on one hand they make people more aware of the subject ... but on the other hand because it increases the popularity and more people want to try it out it inevitably opens the door for the dreaded charlatans to jump on the bandwagan ... with the intention of making as much money as possible (before moving onto the next new-age fad).

As a result genuine therapists (who were around long before the popularity boom erupted) get their reputations tainted because in the eyes of many we all must be the same ... you only have to see the comments made in InfraRedMan's initial post for that point to be proven in real time

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Hey there mutantgenius,

Well, it was your u2u that finally prompted me to make this thread (so I shall hold you responsible for the outcome
)

I always smile when someone says that they don't think they will be able to remember anything during regression ... I would have to say with my hand on my heart that, that is one of the most common statements I hear from clients ... and as I said in the OP ... over the 17yrs that I have been practicing there have only been 2 clients who could not recall any pastlife memories

Unfortunately I don't know of any therapists in your area (reputable or otherwise) ... but if you can't find a therapist who specifically practices Pastlife Regression ... then you might have more joy looking for a Psychologist ... most of whom will have some training in and use of Regression Therapy (usually Present Life but often Pastlife too) at some time in their career.

It was during my studies in the field of Applied Psychology ... and later recapulated when I qualified as a Registered Stress Consultant that I learned how to regress people ... obviously that was a technique that used hypnotherapy (prior to me developing the non-hypnotic technique) ... and it is easier to find a well qualified Psychologist who is adept in the field of clinical hypnosis ... as opposed to finding a New-Age Regression Therapist ... who may have no professional qualifications whatsoever.

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

My post was not aimed at you. It was aimed clearly at the processes of some practitioners who use bad hypnotherapy as means of ascertaining the reality of past life experiences. I also discussed the psychological pressure (subconscious or otherwise) of the patient/client to please the practitioner. Also that results can be tainted by the patient/clients preconceptions of the eternal spirit/reincarnation before entering such therapy. The whole context of the visit to such a practitioner would be generally founded upon ones 'suspicion' or belief that they have indeed lived previous lives. Many are looking for validation, and under the pretence of hypnotic regressions, that's exactly what they will leave with. Validation.

I am not poo-pooing the whole idea of reincarnation/past lives, nor am I aiming my criticism at every practitioner, or every methodology. Just those that fit my criteria. It's the charlatans in every field that taint the real data, whether it be past lives, alien abduction and so forth. That's my big issue!

Do I think it's possible. Perhaps! I have my own experiences as outlined briefly in a previous post; but I draw no conclusions as to it's authenticity.

I hope that clears things up for you.

IRM

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Even though Im living this life., (born this time in 1951) I still visit the life I led in the 30's. I know where my body is buried. Its on a hill overgrown with weeds that is hard to get too. I know that my older sister from my Elenore life has now passed and her daughter who is churchy churchy and doesnt believe in reincarnation is married to the town cop. I know that she has Elenores picture that hung on her mothers bedroom wall ( my older sister). I dont know how I know these things as I was born and raised in ohio (this life). I just know. Mostly I remember the night my mother killed me.

I only have flashes of a couple of other lives. I know now that we each have a soul name known only to god. It is the soul that is accountable and not a certain life in itself. I know the Council. I dont believe in God anymore because I KNOW God exists as the prime creator. I know that the God of the bible is a (sub god).

These are my personal truths. As I stated before......the one thing Im not sure of is the lesson I am supposed to be learning in this life time. My guess is compassion.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

My post was not aimed at you. It was aimed clearly at the processes of some practitioners who use bad hypnotherapy as means of ascertaining the reality of past life experiences. I also discussed the psychological pressure (subconscious or otherwise) of the patient/client to please the practitioner. Also that results can be tainted by the patient/clients preconceptions of the eternal spirit/reincarnation before entering such therapy. The whole context of the visit to such a practitioner would be generally founded upon ones 'suspicion' or belief that they have indeed lived previous lives. Many are looking for validation, and under the pretence of hypnotic regressions, that's exactly what they will leave with. Validation.

I am not poo-pooing the whole idea of reincarnation/past lives, nor am I aiming my criticism at every practitioner, or every methodology. Just those that fit my criteria. It's the charlatans in every field that taint the real data, whether it be past lives, alien abduction and so forth. That's my big issue!

Do I think it's possible. Perhaps! I have my own experiences as outlined briefly in a previous post; but I draw no conclusions as to it's authenticity.

I hope that clears things up for you.

IRM

Hey again IRM ...

I'm jumping a reply to your post to the head of the list just to say I appreciate your explanation and to apologize if I misunderstood. Reading your reply (above) it would seem we have a lot in common with reference to the charlatans ... and it was only because I thought you were accusing me of being one of them that I was so upset ... if there was an 'embarrassed' smiley I would be making a whole row of them right about now
... sorry for taking your words personally *note to self ... must pay more attention to context of written words.

And I would also like to correct a comment that I made in reply to your question ... 'do you have no shame'

At this moment in time ... yes I do !

For getting waspy with you and calling you 'sugar' (I only do that when my hackles are up because I know it p!$$e$ people off)

Woody

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Anyone interested in this subject should read Robert Schwartz's books .... he has detailed case histories using mediums and peoples higherselves to find out just what our soul purpose in life is and what past lives they have had....he says that we all have a pre birth life plan which can be changed (due to free will etc) well worth a read!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Greetings Woodwytch!

I think I've had several spontaneous rememberies in dream states... Is there any reason I've only remembered my deaths? Each is the same in the very real level of detail: temperature, humidity, sights, smells, emotions, it's all very much like I'm in a different place and time. But I get killed in each one.

A big tiger is dragging me into the jungle by my skull at the end of one...
I get an English pike right through my middle on a hill somewhere...
A mounted Roman mows me down as a child tending the field with my mother (also mowed down) on a farm in Egypt...

Three recurring dreams, each very real in every detail, none of them very cool. Does this happen to a lot of folks?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

LOL!, Sugar is fine with me sugar!

Just to reiterate, I pass no judgement whatsoever upon you. Just those that spoil it for everybody else. I think one of the recent issues that has my hackles up is Carol Rainey's recent expose (or whistle blowing) of Bud Hopkins and David Jacobs abuse of patients for financial gain and notoriety, their often flawed methodology and general gullibility (conscious or not) toward the patients claiming such experiences because it helps sell books.

Paratopia Issue - Priests of High Strangeness

I highly recommend the above as a must read for anyone interested in the modus operandi of some of these faux therapists, and how successfully they have manipulated themselves into an undeserved position of high esteem within their given fields... It is an eye opener! Jacobs is a real piece of work!

IRM

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
S&F, thanks for the pointer in the direction of this thread!

As a child I had reoccuring dreams of a nighttime scene - it was always more about the sensation of being circled by people who were threatening me, a large fire burning somewhere nearby, darkness and shadows.
Anyway, I used to like to put it down to being burnt as a witch in a past life, basically because that was what I liked the idea of when I was a kid I think.
About 4 years ago I attended a spiritual group when I came to Spain, and at the other side of the room was this women who I *knew* I had to talk to - we made eye contact across the room during the talk and we were like "we are meant to meet". This lady is a really great woman, a lot older than me, but we became really close friends, and one day she offered to do a past life regression for me.
When she regressed me, the first thing was that I almost struggled to speak, a couple of words of some other language kind of popped out(not one that we recognised), I could feel that I was an old woman, with wrinkled skin, but was highly respected. I lived in a desert tribe in a region with high, jagged mountains in the distance. The vision sort of flicked forward in time, and I was trying to hide a baby boy which was born malformed. For some reason the people blamed him on the fact that rains had not fallen, as if he was a curse and wanted to take abandon him where he would be taken by wild animals. this was where my childhood dream came in, as the tribe hunted me down.

Apart from that, someone questioned whether physical characteristics carry though into other lives - my question is a variation on that. I have heard people say that birthmarks can be a marker of a scar from a past life - do you have experience of this being the case? Particularly interested as I have a large birthmark on my back...also my pinkie fingers are both bent at an angle from the top joint, which someone said could be past life related (although I suppose the only way to know would be to do another regression, no?)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
OK. I have a question. Most people have tendencies towards certain things, or talents which they seem to be born with. In your history of clients, have you noticed parallels of this nature? Do people carry these latent talents from life to life?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Great to see you and Woody find equal ground

Going off topic even further now, sorry...

The shams are everywhere mate. Over my time I've found some that are held in very high regard in Oz.. only to learn myself that they are either unbalanced Ego.. or operating as a puppet for an agenda driven group.. only they don't know they are in many cases. One of them is famous, lives in Brisbane, has a massive following in all the Spiritual Churches and energetically attacked me 8 years ago for helping to cut his strings from a women they had sucked into their Churches hidden negative activity.. I dealt with him by starting his healing into balance and he was off "Sick" for 6 months.. that's how long it took his elderly mother (the controller) to Hook him back up as a puppet.

Okay, the old guy has waffled on enough.. so back to the advertised Topic......

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
hi,

being one on the fence about possibility, is there any repercussions which could arise from having such a strong belief of past life experience in view of psychological assessment or diagnosis to such state of being.

for a practitioner of psychology, is past life regression therapy and outcome of mental awareness in belief seen as an accepted condition to behavior of mind, or do these psychologists in general terms view those who seek help and believe such as past life is possible, to having some other kind of underlying problem in opinion of cause or relevent fact as to diagnosis, belonging more to the practitioners field of study than the one overseeing this type of awareness as brought out in regressional view of therapy.

Hey there redgy,

I'm really not sure if I've understood your question clearly ... not sure if it's because its very jumbled in the way it's written ... or if after numerous read-throughs my brain has taken the day off (please correct me later if I have misunderstood) these are the notes I made after I read it the first time

Repercussions from strong belief in PL experience(s) ... if handled incorrectly by the therapist (using hypnosis) the result could be obsession in the client and a distinct blurring of the boundaries between past / present ... imagination / memory.

>>> hypnosis >>> subliminal suggestions >>> false memory >>> obsession

The opinion of practitioners varies enormously ... 'Regression Therapy' has been used by clinical psychologist for decades (it is only in more recent years that the New-Age movement adopted it as their latest fad-therapy gimmick).

The common error that most laymen make is that they assume Regression Therapy automatically means 'Pastlife Memory' ... in truth a psychologist is just as likely to use Regression Therapy to retrieve 'Present-life Memories' that the client has buried due to childhood trauma etc.

The true purpose behind Regression Therapy (past and present life) is for subdued memories to be recalled to the surface >>> worked through with the help of the therapist >>> understood and released so that the client no longer has the issues that had created their problem (whatever that was) a perfect example would be curing a phobia (irrational fear).

One point that might interest and surprise many ... particularly the sceptics ... comes from the fact that even those people who do not believe the details recalled during session are memories from another lifetime ... but see it as their mind creating an imaginary senario ... still reap the same psychological benefits as someone who believes 100% that they have lived before in numerous guises.

It is the act of bringing the images to the surface that resolves the problem ... not the belief of whether it's memory or imagination !

That's why I always suggest clients do some research into the details they have recalled in order to find something to back-up that such people / places / events actually have substance ... obviously this will still not convince a sceptic but when you have recalled things that you are confident you had no previous knowledge of ... it is an amazing sensation that cannot quite be put into words.

Woody

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Hey there TLA,

(see the reply I made to Under Water & GunzCoty);

www.abovetopsecret.com...]post by woodwytch

In my own case the memories came at a time that helped meto change the course of my life and prevent my early demise.

Woody

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have always wanted to go to one. I would love to see if I have any kind of past life memories and find out if my past life has anything to do with my life long obsession and being drawn to France since I was little. I use to tell everyone I was French and from Paris when I was little. I would tell them I was gonna move there one day. I have no idea why I have always had this thing for France but believe me it's there and my whole family has no idea how it started but they all say for as long as they can remember. I remember being 8 and getting my first Eiffel Tower, it was a glass Avon perfume bottle. I filled it with water and green dye ...I still have it. lol

I guess I just want to find out if any of it means anything.

When people find out how much I really life France and how long they always joke and say you must have lived there in a past life. I would like to see if that is even possible.
edit on 3/6/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2011 by mblahnikluver because: my spelling..I should have proof read

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join