It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chemtrails...am i missing the point?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hey there everyone.

I love all things weird and unexplained. im objective in any argument regarding anything including reptillians, ghosts, god all of it. I would never claim to know the overall correct answer but i do think im entitled to my ideas.

Now since i joined this site i have learnt more cool new conspiracy theories, seen more videos, and had more things to think about than ever before.

but one thing is really bugging me and thats chemtrails.

Now i dont want this thread to be a big discussion on if there real or not as everyone i read just gets out of hand but i would like to ask some questions to the use of this conspiracy.

the ideas for the use of chemtrials is hugely varied.

If its to dumb us down and make us placid....then it has not worked violent crimes are on the rise as is the level of education across the whole country (UK)

If its to poison us and reduce population....it has not worked we now live longer than ever and the worlds population is just increasing.

If its to help the ozone layer....wouldnt this help protect us and not hinder us?

You can see my confusion on this topic, yet there is so much written about it.

Looking forward to your replies

Helgas

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think they just use them to seed the clouds. I think that problems could arise from this. They actively seed the clouds for the snowfields in Australia, for tourism. They use Silver nitrate and some organism. Thats what the report i read said. When they look to be seeding the clouds my Asthma plays up. So i think they just seed the clouds and don't really know what it does to us yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Helgas2011

The most plausible theory is geo-engineering. You can google and find this proposed, and patents registered for the technology. It consists of releasing aluminum particles at high altitudes, which stay a loft for long periods, acting as tiny mirrors reflecting some of the solar radiation back into space, to combat global warming and the depletion of the ozone layer. they have even proposed adding this aluminum to the jet fuel.

One of the dubious theories is that they are spraying barium and other materials to weaken peoples immune systems, as a soft kill method. Want to wipe out 80% of the population (google that) well if you just start rounding people up, it's not gonna be easy. But, if through concerted efforts, you effect the environment as such to make it look like environmental factors, you might just get away with it.

I don't by into that for various reasons, no control over it, haphazard coverage, too many factors and people involved to keep it quiet.

good luck this thread will turn ugly quick

=--=

In response to cloud seeding, this would technically fall under geo-engineering is indeed taking place all over, but in no way are they trying to keep it secret. the question for that would be, why this world wide effort to create more clouds?

cloud seeding is done to generate rain. The US did this during Vietnam.

I guess the issue with that is, no one is reporting rainfall after their "chemtrail" events. They are also failing to record weather and atmospheric data :/
edit on 3-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ok so if they seed the clouds they can practically change the weather? Do you think this process harming us is just a side effect of cloud seeding? Or intentional?

Thanks helgas

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

not really, they can induce rain, and as such, induce drought be inducing rain somewhere else. It's not direct weather manipulation but it's awfully close.

I also forgot that some people believe "chemtrails" are tied with H.A.A.R.P. but that's also a fairly dubious, and unprovable, claim.

So to clear it up a bit...

cloud seeding requires clouds, and produces rain.

Chemtrails, as we are being told, produce clouds.
edit on 3-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Thanks for the reply, it kinda enhances my point. Say the aluminium thing is true this is to help us not hinder us so why the conspiracy? And I don't believe the mass cull thing one bit like I say we are living longer and are more healthy than ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think the harm if any ( i think entirely possible) is in ignorance. i think it is a side affect so to speak and they don't know what will happen. The chinese government actually pays farmers to seed clouds with rockets. They need water. To grow crops and support the population. They do it in Australia, but more through the times of drought. This is when they need water. They do it in the snow fields, when they need snow. No snow, no tourists skiing. I think they do it for the water to fall as rain or snow.

One thing I've always thought is that by getting snow to fall during winter, were they messing with the summer rain cycle? Maybe thats another whole thread though.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This again is easily dismissed , my father works at rolls royce and the normal exhaust gasses emitted by plane engines produce "clouds" . So I'm still struggling to see where this conspiracy even stems from lol

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Your logic questions clearly conform the anwser, even through occam's: there are no chemtrails.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Lol I understand what you mean but even if they do exist not sure how they effect us in a bad way.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

Cloud seeding is done on lower clouds than any contrail. And it's done into a cloud, hoping by seeding with nucleation particles they can induce more water condensation, which turns from invisible water vapor to visible water droplets. Because water is cohesive, the water droplets will then attract other water droplets until you have heavy enough drops to fall. Even then not every water drop reaches the ground; this effect is called virga.

Contrails appear at a much higher altitude, where there are cirrus clouds. And cirrus clouds do not produce precipitation.
So "cloud seeding" is completely different from anything "chemtrail" and is used as a red herring to deflect off the overwhelming lack of anything remotely like real evidence.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The albedo of ice crystals is quite high and doesn't need any mineral application.
Geo-engineering as the root blame for "chemtrails" is a very new phenomena. Mostly it seems to be an attempt to legitimize "chemtrails" and not sound so "fringe". But it offers no more proof than any previous claim.
I think a lot of people fall for it because "chemtrailers" routinely think anything aerosol means something sprayed. That's not the correct definition. Programs for Atmospheric Aerosols have little to do with contrails and much more to do with natural causes and man-made air pollution from the ground up, not from 30,000 feet over our heads down. By reading the reports that are always touted as being about "chemtrails" with a true understanding of just what an aerosol is, people would recognize that.
But most don't. Even saw a thread here yesterday that fell into that trap.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

contrails are different to chemtrails aren't they? I thought we were discussing chemtrails? I see these things or use to over head all the time. Now that we've had floods, there is not as many about. I think contrails and chemtrails are different.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ok - Let's assume they were real.
Now... More logical-techicnal questions arise.

We basically have: thousands of airplanes crossing over different lands in a daily basis all over the world spreading secret chemicals in order to [insert demented purpose here] for years.

And so we have: millions of passenger per week all over the world, getting in and out of planes, through fingers, long-waiting in waiting rooms with mangnificent floor-to-roof windows showing the airport... and not a single picture of suspicious equipment released?

These chemtrails are spitted exactly through what device? These chems are supplied where, how, by who? What a huge architecture would be needed to keep this operation on with not a single tongue-slip? These chemtrails are spread BY who? Regular airways, military, agency planes?

If we add to these few (there are dozens) blank spaces total ignorace about cloud science... The ball is unstoppable.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Thanks for the info pal makes sense. Still puts the question about where this conspiracy actually came from and why it has such a massive following.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm baffled by this conspiracy too. No one out there seems to have any real evidence of this and any idea of what it actually is if they are real. I pretty much ignore chemtrail everything until I see something that's worth my time.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Cloud seeding is done on lower clouds than any contrail.

Except the ground level ones in Antarctica, Alaska, Arctic, and other places where it gets really, REALLY, cold at ground level

Just me being picky sorry - otherwise your explaination is spot on of course.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: fixing quote

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Now that we've had floods, there is not as many about.

Contrail formation is a good indicator of an approaching cold front, or rain on the way. After the front passes, the conditions conducive to contrail formation can become unfavorable, the reason why you don't see many contrails after a rain.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Don`t listen to the banal rhetoric from the left brain debunkers. They do not witness or pay attention to
the effects of these chemtrail exercises AND THEREFORE they cannot comprehend the chemtrails
and always use a convenient contrail answer. UK Chemtrail projects always target the rising sun and we are
left with a dull sun behind a whitewash of chemtrail sun block. See this video of our last attack (below link)

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deprogrammer

Don`t listen to the banal rhetoric from the left brain debunkers. They do not witness or pay attention to
the effects of these chemtrail exercises

What are those effects?

AND THEREFORE they cannot comprehend the chemtrails
and always use a convenient contrail answer.

I'm sure I could comprehend the effects if they were clearly explained and backed up by some reasonable evidence.

UK Chemtrail projects always target the rising sun and we are
left with a dull sun behind a whitewash of chemtrail sun block. See this video of our last attack (below link)

www.disclose.tv...

which clearly shows contrails high inithe clear blue sky some time in the middle of the day.

They do get 1 thing right - contrails do expand into clouds and it is not natural - it is clearly artificial and caused by jet airliners.

but it is normal - that is what will happen any time you dump bucketloads of hot moist air into the upper atmosphere in conditions conducive to the formation of contrails.

Here's the Appleman Chart that has been used to predict contrail formation - asd-www.larc.nasa.gov... - it's been around since 1953.

It's patently obvious in WW2 and the Memphis Belle movie -

And the weather conditions that favour such formations are often present ahead of incoming fronts....just like the weather reporter identified at the start - for exactly the same reasons that cirrus cloud is often seen ahead of fronts.

So by all means please do not listen to banal rhetoric!!
edit on 3-3-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: fix quotes

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join