It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonapologetic
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Actually no it is not a minority, if that were so votes against gay marriage would not be defeated time and time again. The truth is that people who support this perversion are the minority.

To the op, if you don't like things you have 3 options.
! stop demanding that the religion you hate so much bow and give you a religious rite of marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman, its that simple. However, you and your kind keep pushing and demanding everyone accept you and your chosen fetish going against everything they believe. You where born with a females body for a reason, and that is not to be with another woman, this goes against the very laws of nature. Again, humans evolved into 2 sexes for a reason.

2 If you don't like the law or the will or the American people, leave. You do not deserve special treatment, and will not get it. It doesn't matter what obama or any other politician says our laws will be enforced, and in the end the majority will win.

3 Stop the aberrant sexual behavior you have chosen for yourself. If you do not like how things are again I say stop pursuing your chosen fetish. Yes it is a fetish, and you where not born that way. You can try to play on people's emotion all you want, that doesn't work anymore. Your chosen lifestyle is harming our society by harming the nuclear family. This all goes back to nature evolving us in a certain way for a reason.

As far as being homophobic, no I am not scared of you. Why would I be, being that this group is a fringe movement. No amount of insults you throw around will force the majority to accept you, people see through your attempts to marginalize any opposition.

Wow... this is grade A nonsensical hate right here. Why do people opposed to gay marriage say that they're trying to get special treatment? They're trying to get EQUAL treatment. I'm heterosexual and still reading posts like this get my blood boiling because you're so clearly ingrained with hateful ideals somehow... what the hell happened to you as a child? Who put this nonsense in your head?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

Equal Rights will prevail - - both legally - - and in acceptance.

I'm old enough to remember the race equality movement. I remember how George Wallace was heralded as a man - - almost "godlike" savior - - of holding on to white rule.

Today he is looked on as a pathetic bigot. A "little" man of out-dated prejudice against ones skin color.

And this is how those continuing with their Anti-Gay ignorance - - will be looked on years from now.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, you know what they say: I`m not gay - but I`ve slept with a lot of men who are!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Then go ahead and list why you think their lifestyle is wrong.

Why do you all keep saying you disapprove, but then fail to say why?
Are you hiding something?

LOL

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizbeach40
I have been on this site for about 6 months, and I used to enjoy it, but am totally disheartened as of late due to "certain peoples" views....

I know ALOT of you "ultra religeous " folks will send me hate mail. But I really do not care.!!!!

I am an Openly Gay female, and I am proud. What I am IS NOT a choice!!! I WAS BORN THIS WAY!!! I spent the first 25 years of my life "trying" to be "normal and straight". All it gave me was pain, missery, depression, alcohol and drug abuse. I had BOTH homocidal and suicidal thoughts on a daily basis.
When I finally accepted who and what I am, my life began! I have had success in all aspects of my life since that day of acceptance. I no longer drink, or do drugs, and am extremely happy.

To hate something just because a Bible, Koran, etc. tells you to, is ridiculous. It is natural for you to NOT UNDERSTAND, but it is WRONG of you to judge me based on how I live my life. I am NOT hurting you, or your family. I am not killing babies, or raping your land. SO leave ME and MY KIND alone!

I cannot believe anyone would waste their time posting Bible verses on here, to denounce homosexuality, but yet think it is OK to kill millions of innocents in the name of ANY "GOD".

You say God hates me, and is gonna send me to hell. FINE! Let that happen. LET GOD judge me WHEN I DIE!!! It is between me and him. NOT YOU!!! And for the record, I refuse to believe in "any GOD" that says ...Love they neighbor....but then turns a blind eye on his "gay children". That IS NOT A GOD.....and certainly not a "God " that I would waste my time worshiping. You should know, that "GOD" does not make mistakes. To say I am an abomination, is the same as saying a developmentally disabled child is too.

I DO NOT have sex with animals, nor do I know anyone who does. And for the record, statistics show that 91% of all pedifiles and rapist, necropheliacs and beastiality practicers are STRAIGHT white collar males. Before you lump people into a group, you should really do your research first.

Instead of posting your hateful rants, why not spend your time feeding the hungry or helping the homeless. keep your "religious" views to yourself. Because in the BOOK OF MARK, it says "he who does my judging for me shall he himself BURN IN HELL".. So I guess I will be seeing you in the firey pit someday! Bring your sunblock and that box of tissues!!!

It is funny how a gay person will always try to discredit any other view point other than their own and cry the loudest when it is done back to them. Look at all the " " marks in this thread meant to imply that any other view is ignorant or phobic.
pull yourself together and deal with the life you have chosen.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheepton

She is not being loud or proud - she is defending herself from vicious, spiteful hate. The reason people are proud and loud is not because of their sexuality it is because it is attacked, they are vilified, and frequently the subject of violent attacks and even murder.

Your post wreaks, stinks of ignorance of highest order.

Maybe its time to start thinking with an open mind rather than preaching as though you know everything - because I can guarantee you have a limited intellect.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

I wonder if those Proud, Loud Black people would have Civil rights, if they chose to just be quiet.

We can only wonder...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I used to have those moments were I used to think I was straight or bisexual, but for the last couple of years I have known I am gay. Some people might think I am young, but I kind of know I am gay. I can't really explain it. I just know I am. I'm pretty sure I am not going to turn straight, but you never know.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

Posts and mindsets like this really make me sad; both sides. Those who would judge the personal iniquities of another aren't going to heaven, the Ya'hshuah himself said so. If you, being saved are forgiven of your sins it should behoove you to show the same mercy to others. If you judge others by the law when you have been freed from it, then your condemnation returns to you. Following this logic the Westboro Baptist Church and other like-minded people are in serious danger of going to hell. Remember: personal iniquities are the business of the individual.

Then there's your mindset, which is also disheartening. It depresses me to no end when homosexuals don't think they can reconcile their nature with Christianity. My cousin is a preacher and a homosexual. Also, my personal hero in the faith is Father Seraphim Rose who was also a homosexual. He didn't do any of that Evangelical Protestant "pray the gay away" nonsense, he became a monk and became celibate, he became the best, least hypocritical Christian I have seen in the modern day. He is even being considered for Sainthood! "Dont criticize or judge other people—regard everyone else as an angel, justify their mistakes and weaknesses, and condemn only yourself as the worst sinner. This is step one in any kind of spiritual life."-Father Seraphim speaking beyond the grave to all of the bigots and modern day Pharisees.

About that cousin of mine, I'm going to talk to him for your sake. I want to know how he reconciles Christianity with his homosexuality. I've always had a number of theories of how homosexuality isn't a sin under certain conditions (overpopulation making sterile homosexuality more prevalent and appealing to nature), but seeing as I am not a homosexual I can't say I've given it too much thought. Perhaps my cousin can shed some light on the matter. So, if you'll give me some time perhaps I can provide an answer.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Can't keep playing the 'hate card' when someone disagrees with homosexuality. It's a straw man tactic.

Homosexuality is unnatural. Male and female animals mate to have offspring to pass on their genes. Gays can't naturally have children, their gene pool dies out. Simple as that.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Marriage has been left up to the states; so yes there is quite a bit of difference. You could always enroll at Calhoun in Paralegal 101 if you want to learn more about the differences between Federal and State law. Ron Norwood is a great instructor.

Due to the full faith and credit act all states must honor the marriage certificates of other states. This is what really upsets the far right. As long as one state allows gay marriage, all other states must accept the marriage license. Much the same as mixed race couples once had to leave Alabama get married and return. When was it that we finally got the clause about mixed race marriages being illegal removed from the state constitution? Can't remember if its been quite 10 years yet.

The nation learned long ago that segregation did not work based on race; I fail to see how anyone believes it can work based on sexual preference and churches do not incur civil liability for refusing to marry people, unless perhaps, they have accepted money for the service and fail to refund or perform.

It can be quite difficult to get married when you are dealing with bigots. As an atheist, I had to look long and hard for a minister that would perform a ceremony in Alabama; and then had to listen to him witness to me; and then had to threaten him physically on my wedding day. God had revealed to him the night that he was to force me to convert before performing the ceremony. Evidently his faith in God wasn't as strong his faith in my kicking his butt; and he performed the ceremony without my conversion.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

Straw man is when someone acts on behalf of someone else.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announced the CDC's estimate Monday that in the United States AIDS is fifty times more prevalent among men who have sex with men ('MSM') than the rest of the population. Dr. Amy Lansky revealed this statistic during a plenary session at the 2009 HIV Prevention Conference in Atlanta.

The CDC had already revealed last year that approximately 53% of the estimated 56,300 new HIV cases in 2006 were in homosexual men.

While merely an approximation, the CDC's announcement confirms previous statistics and studies that indicate vastly disproportionate occurrence of sex-related diseases in homosexuals. According toa February 2007 study, for example, homosexual men with HIV are 90 times more likely to develop anal cancer than the rest of the population.

Earlier this year, as another example, the Centers for Disease Control released a statistical report indicating that homosexual men made up 65 percent of the reported primary and secondary syphilis cases in 2007. A report from the Public Health Agency of Canada in 2006 revealed that 51 percent of people infected with HIV in the country were homosexual men.

Link

The Centers For Disease Control even says homosexuals have a higher HIV/AIDS, and other disease rate than heterosexual people.

Gays are destroying themselves and they refuse to see the light on that matter.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663

Straw man is when someone acts on behalf of someone else.

Cultural Dictionary
straw man definition

A made-up version of an opponent's argument that can easily be defeated. To accuse people of attacking a straw man is to suggest that they are avoiding worthier opponents and more valid criticisms of their own position: “His speech had emotional appeal, but it wasn't really convincing because he attacked a straw man rather than addressing the real issues.”

A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position en.wikipedia.org...

Straw Man: a weak or imaginary opposition (as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted -Merriam Webster Dictionary.

dictionary.reference.com...
edit on 2-3-2011 by ArchIlluminatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Legally its when you have someone perform a service to circumvent the law; such as an adult buying alcohol for a minor. Cultural dictionaries are only valid for whatever culture they reflect.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

"Ummm, if animals are doing it, then it IS natural".

The birth control pill doesn't dissolve and ends up in our water.Drinking the water will change your hormones.This is why more and more people are turning homosexual.

That added with homosexuality being promoted everywhere equals one homosexual world...agenda anyone?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rastus3663

I edited my post to include the definition from the dictionary. It's valid.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I really could care less weather your gay or not (not the op just in general) But i think this aspect is what freaks out the ones with all the hate. You say you were born gay ok you were born gay but why must when your "older" and you realize these things you all of a sudden become super dramatic about it ex.. if your a girl start to dress like a guy and wearing boy hair cuts, or if your male start being super feminine and acting like a female. When you listen to someone older talk about the subject you really just hear about appearance and they way the individuals they refer to represent themselves not so much of the oh that person likes boys/girls. I dont know just my two sense maybe i listen to a bunch of hate mongols
.. But to the OP just gotta learn to let things roll off your shoulders you chose to go down a path that you knew what a rocky one just got to go over each bump one at a time.
edit on 2-3-2011 by ThatGuyInTheKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

edit on 2-3-2011 by PureET because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by Byteman

"Ummm, if animals are doing it, then it IS natural".

The birth control pill doesn't dissolve and ends up in our water.Drinking the water will change your hormones.This is why more and more people are turning homosexual.

That added with homosexuality being promoted everywhere equals one homosexual world...agenda anyone?

Yes there is a homosexual agenda. It was outlined in After the Ball a book written by a homosexual.

3.CONVERSION

Desensitization aims at lowering the intensity of antigay emotional reactions to a level approximating sheer indifference; Jamming attempts to blockade or counteract the rewarding 'pride in prejudice' (peace, Jane Austen!) by attaching to homohatred a pre-existing, and punishing, sense of shame in being a bigot, a horse's ass, and a beater and murderer. Both Desensitization and Jamming, though extremely useful, are mere preludes to our highest --though necessarily very long-range--goal, which is Conversion.

It isn't enough that antigay bigots should become confused about us, or even indifferent to us--we are safest, in the long run, if we can actually make them like us. Conversion aims at just this.

Please don't confuse Conversion with political Subversion. The word 'subversion' has a nasty ring, of which the American people are inordinately afraid--and on their guard against. Yet, ironically, by Conversion we actually mean something far more profoundly threatening to the American Way of Life, without which no truly sweeping social change can occur. We mean conversion of the average American's emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack, in the form of propaganda fed to the nation via the media. We mean 'subverting' the mechanism of prejudice to our own ends--using the very processes that made America hate us to turn their hatred into warm regard--whether they like it or not.

Put briefly, if Desensitization lets the watch run down, and Jamming throws sand in the works, Conversion reverses the spring so that the hands run backward.

Conversion makes use of Associative Conditioning, much as Jamming does--indeed, in practice the two processes overlap-- but far more ambitiously. In Conversion, the bigot, who holds a very negative stereotypic picture, is repeatedly exposed to literal picture/label pairs, in magazines, and on billboards and TV, of gay- explicitly labeled as such!--who not only don't look like his picture of a homosexual, but are carefully selected to look either like the bigot and his friends, or like any one of his other stereotypes of all-right guys-- the kind of people he already likes and ` admires. This image must, of necessity, be carefully tailored to be free of absolutely every element of the widely held stereotypes of how 'faggots' look, dress, and sound. He--or she--must not be too well or fashionably dressed; must not be too handsome--that is, mustn't look like a model--or well groomed. The image must be that of an icon of normality--a good beginning would be to take a long look at Coors beer and Three Musketeers candy commercials. Subsequent ads can branch out from that solid basis to include really adorable, athletic teenagers, kindly grandmothers, avuncular policemen, ad infinitem.

The objection will be raised--and raised, and raised--that we t would 'Uncle Tommify' the gay community; that we are exchanging one false stereotype for another equally false; that our ads are lies; that that is not how all gays actually look; that gays know it, and bigots know it. Yes, of course--we know it, too. But it makes no difference that the ads are lies; not to us, because we're using them to ethically good effect, to counter negative stereotypes that are every bit as much lies, and far more wicked ones; not to bigots, because the ads will have their effect on them whether they believe them or not.

When a bigot is presented with an image of the sort of person of whom he already has a positive stereotype, he experiences an involuntary rush of positive emotion, of good feeling; he's been conditioned to experience it. But, here, the good picture has the bad label--gay! (The ad may say something rather like 'Beauregard Smith--beer drinker, Good Ole Boy, pillar of the community, 100% American, and gay as a mongoose.') The bigot will feel two incompatible emotions: a good response to the picture, a bad response to the label. At worst, the two will cancel one another, and we will have successfully Jammed, as above. At best, Associative Conditioning will, to however small an extent, transfer the positive emotion associated with the picture to the label itself, not immediately replacing the negative response, but definitely weakening it.

You may wonder why the transfer wouldn't proceed in the opposite direction. The reason is simple: pictures are stronger than words and evoke emotional responses more powerfully. The bigot is presented with an actual picture; its label will evoke in his mind his own stereotypic picture, but what he sees in his mind's eye will be weaker than what he actually sees in front of him with the eyes in his face. The more carefully selected the advertised image is to reflect his ideal of the sort of person who just couldn't be gay, the more effective it will be. Moreover, he will, by virtue of logical necessity, see the positive picture in the ad before it can arouse his negative 'picture,' and first impressions have an advantage over second.

In Conversion, we mimic the natural process of stereotype- learning, with the following effect: we take the bigot's good feelings about all- right guys, and attach them to the label 'gay,' either weakening or, eventually, replacing his bad feelings toward the label and the prior stereotype.

Understanding Direct Emotional Modeling, you'll readily foresee its application to Conversion: whereas in Jamming the target is shown a bigot being rejected by his crowd for his prejudice against gays, in Conversion the target is shown his crowd actually associating with gays in good fellowship. Once again, it's very difficult for the average person, who, by nature and training, almost invariably feels what he sees his fellows feeling, not to re-spend in this knee-jerk fashion to a sufficiently calculated advertisement. In a way, most advertisement is founded upon an answer of Yes, definitely! to Mother's sarcastic question: I suppose if all the other kids jumped off a bridge and killed themselves, you would, too?

We've now outlined three major modes by which we can alter the itinerary of the engine of prejudice in our favor. Desensitization lets the engine run out of steam, causing it to halt on the tracks indefinitely. Jamming, in essence, derails it. Conversion-- our ambitious long-range goal--puts the engine into reverse gear and sends it back whence it came.

These modes are abstract--we've only hinted, here and there, at how they can be harnessed and put to work for us in a practical propaganda campaign . . .

Our goal, being high, is also difficult. The bottleneck in reaching it, however, isn't lack of knowledge of the psychological principles . involved, nor lack of efficacy in the methods available; the principles are known, and the methods work. The bottleneck is purely and simply achieving a sufficient scope for the dissemination of our propaganda. Success depends, as always, on flooding the media. And that, in turn, means money, which means man-hours, which means unifying the gay community for a concerted effort. Let's be blunt: those who aren't with us in this effort, either because they have better ways of wasting their time, or because they think we're politically incorrect, are most decidedly against us, against unification, and against the best interests of the gay community as a whole.

Link covers more than what I quoted on the plan to make homosexuality more acceptable.

Their agenda is out there for anyone to read if the don't believe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join