It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+134 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I have been on this site for about 6 months, and I used to enjoy it, but am totally disheartened as of late due to "certain peoples" views....

I know ALOT of you "ultra religeous " folks will send me hate mail. But I really do not care.!!!!

I am an Openly Gay female, and I am proud. What I am IS NOT a choice!!! I WAS BORN THIS WAY!!! I spent the first 25 years of my life "trying" to be "normal and straight". All it gave me was pain, missery, depression, alcohol and drug abuse. I had BOTH homocidal and suicidal thoughts on a daily basis.
When I finally accepted who and what I am, my life began! I have had success in all aspects of my life since that day of acceptance. I no longer drink, or do drugs, and am extremely happy.

To hate something just because a Bible, Koran, etc. tells you to, is ridiculous. It is natural for you to NOT UNDERSTAND, but it is WRONG of you to judge me based on how I live my life. I am NOT hurting you, or your family. I am not killing babies, or raping your land. SO leave ME and MY KIND alone!

I cannot believe anyone would waste their time posting Bible verses on here, to denounce homosexuality, but yet think it is OK to kill millions of innocents in the name of ANY "GOD".

You say God hates me, and is gonna send me to hell. FINE! Let that happen. LET GOD judge me WHEN I DIE!!! It is between me and him. NOT YOU!!! And for the record, I refuse to believe in "any GOD" that says ...Love they neighbor....but then turns a blind eye on his "gay children". That IS NOT A GOD.....and certainly not a "God " that I would waste my time worshiping. You should know, that "GOD" does not make mistakes. To say I am an abomination, is the same as saying a developmentally disabled child is too.

I DO NOT have sex with animals, nor do I know anyone who does. And for the record, statistics show that 91% of all pedifiles and rapist, necropheliacs and beastiality practicers are STRAIGHT white collar males. Before you lump people into a group, you should really do your research first.

Instead of posting your hateful rants, why not spend your time feeding the hungry or helping the homeless. keep your "religious" views to yourself. Because in the BOOK OF MARK, it says "he who does my judging for me shall he himself BURN IN HELL".. So I guess I will be seeing you in the firey pit someday! Bring your sunblock and that box of tissues!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

Hi Mizbeach.

Not all members on here are homophobic, just the few who hide behind scripture to judge others and spout hate and intollerance.

Sadly, some straight people won't actually listen to a gay person to find out the truth.
edit on 1-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
people aren't going to agree with everyone on everything as morals and opinions differ from individual to individual.

i see a lot of religious types bashing gays, and i see a lot of gays bashing religion. this helps neither party.

people just need to come together and have a mutual respect without either party pushing their views on everyone else.

+107 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Not condoning or approving homosexual behavior does not make one a homophobe.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Hi Mizbeach.

Not all members on here are homophobic, just the few who hide behind scripture to judge others and spout hate and intollerance.

Sadly, some straight people won't actually listen to a gay person to find out the truth.
edit on 1-3-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

I'll 2nd that, its only a vocal minority who cant help keeping their bigoted views to themselves, they feel the need to slurry the boards with their ignorance. I wouldn't let the b'tards get you down.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Is someone is judging you and sending hateful responses? Have you been accused of having sex with animals?
I would alert a mod.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I for one, am glad that you've found happiness. I say live and let live. Way too many judgemental people in this world, who have no right to judge anyone.

There is a ridiculous amount of homophobes out there, so please don't get too upset when they show up here. From what I've seen on past threads about this issue, this thread will get a lot of the wrong kind of attention.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I never understood what was the big deal to be honest. IMO everyone should live happy and as long as it isn't hurting anyone else then I am all for it. Your religious beliefs are that, you religious beliefs and shouldn't be pushed on anyone else. Why should it matter to you if someone marries someone of the same sex in a different state or area than you live in? However one thing that I'm all for TBH is a particular town or locality being able to discriminate or choose the "type of people" they want in their town. Hold on, I know it sounds terrible, but listen to me for a sec. At least then you'll know what you are getting yourself into, and know what places to avoid. Alot of the people that I mention that are homophobic, or racist, or xenophobic want to maintain control of their given area. When you take that away, then they either react violently, or further exaggerate those things that make them hate in the first place.

Most of these "bible thumping" towns wouldn't want you in their neighborhood, and I'm sure the feeling would be mutual in that you wouldn't want to move there anyway. So how about a compromise on both ends, they'll stop all this nonsense talk about sacredness of marriage and withdrawl all their political influence on that matter as long as you allow them to practice their ways in their given "sancuary", and created their own "perfect town". Then maybe they'll leave you alone and you'll leave them alone. Just an idea really. Personally I believe tolerance is the way to go, but unfortunately we haven't gotten to that point yet as a species.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
After reading the rant, and looking at all that has been stated, to include the different postings on ATS, there are a few things that can be said. The first is that the majority of the people, who you will deal with, or have dealt with, and on ATS are terrified of change. Change is a scary thing, often leading to areas unknown, challenging long held beliefs and ideas. It is terrifying to many to be asked to accept something, that for so long they have been told that was wrong, from the very day that they were born. Understanding and tolerance has to be a 2 way street, and while it may seem that one side or the other does not want the pendulum to swing that way, it has to be.
Many of the posts that are here, offer arguments both for and against the topic where homosexuality is concerned, and the better arguments stay on topic. Getting angry is not a solution, nor is ranting, cause it only validates the other side, and they will jump on such every time. Take a deep breath, and keep calm, rather than rant, as that is what wins the argument, every time. People will not change if forced to, nor will they accept such shoved into them, ultimately that is where the fear and problems start. But gradual, letting them come to the conclusions of such, that is what will go over peacefully. There will be people who will never accept such, but that is their loss, and we should feel sorry for them missing out on some great and creative individuals.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
unfortunatly ignorance is the most common of human traits.

Don't let it get you down though, there are a lot of people on here who do genuinely try and deny it.

Your personal tastes in partners are is irrelivant as you choice in toothpaste brand.

The kind of people who like to attack those who are diffrent from "normal" usually have self doubts they are afraid to admit even to themselves.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

+52 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You're proud of something that happened naturally which you had no control of? I'm proud of my brown hair..... I hate how gay/gay friendly people call us "homophobes" like we shake in our boots with an irrational fear of gays coming to rape us. Sorry I'm not afraid of some fairy queen I just find the act of two dudes/chicks pounding each other gross. Now stop being so intolerant of MY views, thanks.

Btw I support gay marriage, yeah figure that one out lol.
edit on 1-3-2011 by Fitch303 because: Adding additional thought

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaidDisinfoAgent

Is someone is judging you and sending hateful responses? Have you been accused of having sex with animals?
I would alert a mod.

Are you (or the OP) saying there is something wrong with those that choose to have sex with animals?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is ridiculous that in this day, people are still so judging of other people. Who cares who you choose to love?
(as long as they are of legal and appropriate age.) If you are happy and you make them happy who gives a F?

To the argument of choice to be gay, I dont see a that as "choosing". My father in law has 2 half brothers and 1 half sister. One brother is gay, the sister is also gay. So I clearly see this as a born not born gay, hetero.

And, this "condoning, approving" of of their choice? who cares what you think, they are still gonna be who they are.

MAGILLA

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Having grown up in a very religious and strict Roman Catholic school in the UKs Gay capital, I can honestly say that I never heard, or was taught any negativity towards gays, so not all religious types fall in to the same category..

+51 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No problem with gays... per se. Although I DO notice that the gay people and the lesbian people often bring it into conversation at every possible chance, which I find very annoying.

If people want a partner or love someone, then that's fine - but I'm not too keen on the types who go into horrible details and feel it absolutely necessary to tell everyone in hearing distance about what they got up to...

I'm not too keen on the recent agenda of teaching young children about homosexuality and shoving it in people's faces. I think this is wrong. Children should be protected and shouldn't be taught such stuff at a young age.
If people want to be gay... fine... If people don't like gays... Fine... But it should be up to parents to teach this stuff as opposed to teachers.

Everyone has a reason for what they believe.
Personally, I see more gays attacking religious people, than I do seeing religious people attacking gays.
Live and let live I say...

+63 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I am an Openly Gay female, and I am proud. What I am IS
NOT a choice!!! I WAS BORN THIS WAY!!!

...so you're saying you had no control over this. Ok. So why are you "proud" about something you had nothing to do with?

it is WRONG of you to judge me

...hippocrit much?

To hate something just because a Bible, Koran, etc.
tells you to, is ridiculous.

What does hate have to do with anything? Why are you equating disapproval to hate? If I tell someone that slashing their arms to cope with emotinal pain probably isn't healthy, does that mean I hate them? If your neighbor plays loud music late at night, and you don't want to live in a neighborhood where that kind of thing goes on, does that mean you "hate" your neighbor? People can disapprove of homosexuality, people can want to not have it around them without "hate" being involved. I don't like it when people smoke around me. And when they do, I tell them. Hate has nothing to do with this.

You're chosen to engage in behavior that many people disaprove of. That's your choice. Maybe you have reasons for making this choice. Maybe they're good reasons. But that choice has consequences. Amongst those consequences are dealing with the disapproval of others.

am totally disheartened

folks will send me hate mail. But I really do not care.!!!!

I don't believe you. You're obviously upset. You're obviously angry. It's ok if you feel the need to lie to me about not caring, but please don't lie to yourself about it. You do care what others think about you. If you didn't, you wouldn't be writing this post.

Your need for outside approval is probably the whole reason you're unhappy in the first place. You feel like what you are isn't what others want you to be. So you're in the position of either making yourself happy by choosing to be true to yourself, or making others happy by pretending to be what others expect you to be.

So you've chosen to be true to yourself. That's fine. You don't need anyone's approval or permission.

But don't expect others who disapprove of your choices to not to be true to themselves just to accomodate you.

keep your "religious" views to yourself

Do you think maybe you could benefit from following your own advice?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The best thing to do is not engage in threads where 'gay bashing' is happening. They probably like the attention from this thread.

Although I don't agree with the homophobes, and I do agree with you, everyone has the right to post their opinion as they please as long as they follow ATS terms and conditions.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

As others have mentioned, it is only a minority of people who have a problem with homosexuality.

Homophobia is also not entirely based on religious teachings, as there are atheists, and those who don't follow Abrahamic religions, who are prejudiced against gay people.

As a straight male, I've often thought about how hurtful it must be for gay people to read all these flippant and throwaway comments that are made at their expense.

I would say that many homophobes have personal ''issues'', so they use gay people as a proverbial punch-bag to release their internal feelings about their own issues, which unfortunately is an all too common human trait.

As hard as it may be, I would suggest that ignoring these views would be the best option, and just be thankful that you are not the person who holds those views and who is evidently filled with so much anger or hate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join