It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobes:: GET A CLUE!!!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
...so you're saying you had no control over this. Ok. So why are you "proud" about something you had nothing to do with?
...Do you think maybe you could benefit from following your own advice?

I wish I could quote your entire post, give you 50 stars, and 50 flags. Your post was the best and most reasoned response to the entire thread and I could not agree more.

Disapproval is not the same thing as hate and telling anyone to keep their views to themselves while proudly proclaiming your own is hypocritical. The only point I would add is that homosexuality as a life style is anti-social in that it leads to a decline in birth rates and is counter-productive to the reproduction and growth of the species. If people are truly born that way then it seems to me it is an aberration of evolution and if not then its just a social life style choice.

Regardless, people are free to make their own choices right or wrong and "virtue" cannot be forced. Equally wrong though is to force people to accept and agree with any idea. Disagreement is a cornerstone of our civilization and for my part I have never been associated with a Christian that hated someone because of their sexual preference, been in complete disagreement sure, but not hated along the lines of that church that protests at soldier funerals.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
reply to post by Cuervo

Just cos youre a fudgepacker dont put the rest of us in the same boat.
You dont like my views, welcome to the club
You think it makes me nervous to read your comment lol
I wouldnt be here posting. Youre obviously pissed off at what I wrote, but its the truth honest.
I am proud to say, and really proud to say that, there are no gays or lesbians in my family.
You gays think just cos youre gay, the rest of us have to be or conform with your ideas, youre wrong.
You are the minority.

I'm not a "fudgepacker" and I'm not even remotely upset by what you said. You think you are the only "man's man" I've talked to? I'm an adult (a straight one, no less) who can differentiate between fact and fantasy. I understand that having the image of the defenseless homosexual who needs your protection may fit your subconscious desires but I have to break it to you: that's not the case.

No matter how many time you tell yourself that your hostility automatically enrolls you in the "straight" club, don't be fooled. The least you can do is stop being so bigoted. At least that will keep people from questioning your sexuality. When you try too hard like you do, you become suspect.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mizbeach40

Great OP, thanks for posting

Yep there are a fair amount of homophobic individuals on this forum, and they'll hide behind various excuses, but the majority of ATSers are beyond this I assure you. As for others questioning your motives, I don't see any issue with the OP, infact I've seen plenty of threads in a similar nature that are political or religious. People just don't want to be confronted with this topic, unless ofcourse it is criticism towards homosexuals.

It should not be hard for people to come out and just say straight out where they stand. You either accept homosexuals for who they are or you don't, accepting homosexuals does not equate to preference over homosexuality, there was never this automatic connection, people are making these assumptions, in particular, homophobes. There is a fine line in my opinion. Not accepting homosexuals for their actions does make you a homophobe, and folks can deny this as much as they want. I can go ahead and say I don't accept the fact that man is black, but that doesnt make me racist
Yes that makes sense.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I lived in the uk hahah
and I was openly against gays, so were all my friends

I worked.

You cannot get jailed for speaking your views, so wtf are you on about.
Now I dont live in the uk, so my advice to you is, find a sunny place

edit on 2-3-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Blah blah blah, you talk more than a woman, you must be a fudgepacker.
You dont fool me freddie.

Wow, dude. Good luck with your repressive urges. For what it's worth, I promise not to judge you when you finally come out.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Haha.
You make me laugh mr miagi.
This is the only reason why I come on ats now, is to laugh

You know people like you, gay people, just cannot get their head round as to why people like me are just NEVER going to accept it.
The only argument is that "oh if they dont like gays then they must be gay too"

or...."they must be kids"

Anything but, they dont agree.

youre laughable at best

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomeCheesyUsername
reply to post by Isawsomething

WHAT KIND OF BOOKS??? COMMUNISM, GLOBAL POLITICS, WORLD GOVERNMENT, FASCISM, THOSE BOOKS?

You could have just said "The bible". Doesn't get any more draconian than that.
I meant something other than hustler magazine. You know, like the classics. Or science books. Or history books. Or Democritus, Epicurus, Pavlov, Freud,Chomsky,Sagan, Goethe, Jung, Twain, Nietzsche etc.

But that would be too much to ask, now wouldn't it.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Isawsomething because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I am Muslim and I think the gay movement is awesome, personally I would like to see more men go gay but less woman

Given Islam's views of sodomy, isn't that a bit hypocritical?

I'm not a fan of organized religion in general, but I'm often surprised at the number of people who clam to be this or that, but then pick and choose which "parts" of a given faith they feel is relevant to them... I suppose it's up to the individual to decide faith for themselves, but by labeling yourself with such a group label (as Muslim), you are by default claiming to be somewhat in line with their way of thinking. In this case, sounds like a misnomer, no?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Well, I've determined that you're definitely a troll.

You see, you are discriminating people based on what they do in the bedroom and not on who they are. The "strong" man and "weak" woman are social archetypes that are out of date in this day in age. I know a lot of very flamboyant guys who have sex with women constantly (if they were girls, they'd be called the 'sl' word). I've also known very masculine guys who only wanted to date other men. I also know a lot of gay and straight people who don't want to have sex either ever or only after marriage. To discriminate based on a stereotype that you don't like is just ignorant.

Also, just to catch your crap before you throw it, I am bisexual, and I know you will jot down my opinion as empty the moment to see that. I mean, you were already going to post that I must be a "fudge-packer." Grow a brain, or you are a sad excuse for a human being. I'm not proud of being bisexual. It is just a single facet of who I am. I like women a lot and I like men as well. It happens, and it is only bad in the culturally misinformed populous.

link   

If I was a woman, I would be a lesbian too.

link   

Originally posted by Nameless Hussy

No, it just makes one a bigot.

This is like saying "not condoning or approving [insert non-white race or other arbitrary measure for categorizing and dividing people here] behavior does not make one a racist. In fact, it does, just as judging gays for being born gay and not hiding in a closet is bigotry.

You make the mistake of assuming that homosexuality is equal in comparison to race when it is not. And when people like you make it illegal to choose what to condone and what not to condone or approve it is then when all hell will break loose. What quanitifiable evidence can you assert that shows that someone is "born gay"? And on that same token if you must automatically "condone, and approve" of this type of behavior, what about the men in this country who believe they are "born to be in love with young boys" (which thanks to people like you these organizations do exist.. )who are you to tell them they aren't born that way??? YOU CAN'T if you arent allowed to have an opinion on other issues such as homosexuality and are just forced to accept and condone lifestyles such as these. Who are you to draw the line? God forbid humanity has to draw a moral line in the sand somewhere, however the resistance of people like you to any kind of moral stance will create the slippery slope and eventual complete deterioration of any moral fiber left in this country, and then you'll be forced to drown in it.
edit on 2-3-2011 by RustyCage because: improperly quoted

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I will stay nuetral on weather I condone or dissapprove of what happens behind CLOSED DOORS, I will only state FACTS. This lifestyle IS a choice but the media makes it seem as if it is not by spuing lies about "GENETICS." The truth behind all of this is as simple as they come. Many believe that breast cancer is genetic, but it IS NOT. It is environment. Out of all the diseases in the world (and no i am not saying homosexuality is a disease) only a hand full are truly genetically based! Our whole genetic make up is to change to adapt to environment! Simple: stop smokin and you are less likely to TURN ON the gene to causes lung cancer. Genetics, or being born a certain way that cant be changed, is a foolish tool used to make us ignore our social and economic issues. No one is BORN GAY, it is a choice, wether it be conscience or subconscience. You have 2 types of memory, implicit and explicit. Explicit memory is RECALL memory, the ability to state facts of events you have seen, implicit memory is emotional memory of events. Thus the reason why a child cant remember being put up for adoption but can have abandonment issues. The same goes with homosexuality. Thing may have happen to you when you were in a state were you CANNOT remember because the part that holds the EXPLICIT MEMORY (hippocampus) had not formed but you NOW act on the emotional memory or implict memory. So as you say, you've been "gay" as long as you can REMEMBER, BUT that does not mean you were born that way, when in actuality the whole make up of human existance is to repopulate! Thus the reason you have REPRODUCTIVE organs! Dont take my word for it tho! Study the growth of the human brain from prenatal til now and you will see
I love you all you guys on this beautiful planet :-D

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Haha.
You make me laugh mr miagi.
This is the only reason why I come on ats now, is to laugh

You know people like you, gay people, just cannot get their head round as to why people like me are just NEVER going to accept it.
The only argument is that "oh if they dont like gays then they must be gay too"

or...."they must be kids"

Anything but, they dont agree.

youre laughable at best

You make it sound like you get called gay often. I'm sorry you have to endure that kind of prejudice.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My biggest problem with the gay community is this.
They want everyone to accept them. Fine great. They want to be proud, fantastic. Why is it then that when in an open discussion with them if I express the fact that I am straight and not interested in being gay I am labeled a homophobe and bigot immediately? Seriously, this has happened more than once. I did not talk trash about them. I didn't call them names. I didn't say anything negative at all about them. I simply said I'm not interested since I'm straight! Why am I not given the same respect and tolerance that they expect from me. You see it all the time. After expressing myself, they will continue to try to find something wrong with me because I'm NOT gay. When did it become a crime to be straight? Just because I'm not gay does not make me a homophobe, I'm simply not gay.

I really couldn't care less about anyone's sexual preference. I don't want to see it no matter who it is. I've told a gay guy friend that I don't want to see him sucking face with his boyfriend any more than I want to see my straight guy friend sucking face with his girlfriend. Yet that statement alone was damning for me. WHY? I didn't single them out yet that's what he heard. Keep in mind that he started the conversation by asking opinions. He got them, and everyone in the room that wasn't gay was a homophobe after that. Sad too, since we all got along great before that conversation knowing perfectly well that he was gay and because of his not being able to practice what he preaches he no longer talks to any of us. Our only crime was, we are straight and said so. It really blindsided all of us.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusJD

I could see people joke about it that you were straight, but those gay people were wrong to do that if that's how you were really treated. That behavior is not good.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The term homophobe infers that one fears homosexuals. I do not fear anyone. I do not disagree with the lifestyle CHOICE but I assure you I do not fear you or any other homosexual. I would say you need to get your business straight with God and reexamine your lifestyle choices.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomeCheesyUsername
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

THAT IS THE THING!!!!!!!

GAYS ARE FULL OF HATE AND ANGER BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT AND NOT ALWAYS ACCEPTED. I KNOW IF YOU ARE GAY AND READING THIS YOU ARE FULL OF HATE RIGHT NOW I GUARANTEE IT. DONT BE A HATER, IT DOESNT SOLVE ANYTHING. UNDERSTAND REALITY INSTEAD OF MAKING YOUR OWN TO SATISFY YOURSELF

wait.... I've said nothing to you that would anyway be deemed hateful.. In fact, you seem to have the most hate towards people with different sexuality... labeling all gay people as "hateful and full of anger" is a pretty pathetic standing. grow up

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
I'm NOT afraid of homos or lesbians. They don't scare me. I just don't want their view taught in our schools and I don't want their views thrust upon me. I care about gay lifestyle about as much as gays care about normal lifestyle. Yes, I said normal. Women have wombs and eggs and men have testicles and sperm. Put the two together to make children. The way the universe intended.

If you're not afraid of anything, then who cares if it's thrust upon you? Why can't you just let it slide? Mature people deal with ideas they don't believe in this way. You're obviously emotionally tied to the issue, so there must be something that bothers you. You can't be right if you can't be at peace with people who aren't hurting you.

Is it the Universe's intent to have some overweight alcoholic woman have her baby in a toilet because she didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labor? It happens to straight people, so it must be normal. Did the Universe intend to have orphans and foster children? Because millions of straight people are producing those. Too bad gay people are abnormal and can't provide healthy homes for those children in need.

I don't think the grand order of things call for same sex couples to hire somebody to masturbate into a pitri dish then sell it to them so they can artificially inseminate an egg from possibly a fourth source. Anybody who believes that is the natural order of things is deranged and delusional.

Good to know people like you have a solid grasp on what the grand order of things is. Tolerant people seem to claim that there is no way to fully understand the grand order of things with our 3-dimensional limited cognition. But I suppose those people are just ignorant and God will punish them for being in awe of his wonders and open to the possibilities of the Universe and never judging his creations.

"Homophobe" is a term created by the homosexual agenda to demonize any opposing points of view. That's one of Saul Alinsky's tactics. Deflect blame and silence opposition. Sorry, it's not going to work as long as there are moral, God fearing souls on this earth.

Haha, the homosexual "agenda". They're gonna get you. Watch out for the gays! Explain how judging others as right and wrong goes with morality. You know that apple that Adam and Eve ate from the "Tree of Knowledge of Right and Wrong"? Well that pissed God off pretty good, didn't it? Adam and Eve started deciding what the grand order of things were for themselves, and were henceforth banished from the Garden of Eden. Suddenly judging others doesn't seem so appealing.

So you had better fear God, because according to your belief system, you are committing the ultimate sin and will get your butt kicked for it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to be thankful for being alive in a world with such beautiful diversity. And I don't fear God. God is the reason why deep down I don't fear anything, because the Universe is just too wonderful and complex, and I can't stop being enamored with it.

No time to b*tch about them gad dang queeeeeers!
edit on 2-3-2011 by whitl103 because: Fixing quote links

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There is a distinction between gay men and gay women.
Gay men are notable for being more promiscuous than their heterosexual counterparts.
Lifestyle choice or a faulty gene? I don't care.
Whatever - it's my right not to like the idea of homosexuality. Nor do I like the ridiculous gay pride marches with their circus freak participants shoving their sexuality at us. Maybe time we had 'heterosexual pride' marches heh?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join