It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
If its wrong, then why do they love eachother? If its such a sin, why did God give them the freedom to love another person, regardless of what sex?

Are you even reading what you're replying to?

I didn't say it was "wrong." I didn't say anything about God (I'm agnostic). I have no issue with loving people of the same gender (I certainly do)...

The reason that we have a sex drive to start with is primariily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not with harmonicas, fiddles, or tubas).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I applaud the court for making the right decision in this case, we have people in this thread right now quoting a book that was written by peasants and sheep herders over 2,000 years ago and claiming that a flood will occur that will wipe off everyone that doesn't subscribe to that book's fairy tales.

We don't need more kids being brought up to believe that a magical being in the sky decided to blow his magic dust onto earth to create life.

Just because someone is religious, they shouldn't have an advantage over everyone else who is not. We have given religion enough respect which it didn't deserve for the last thousands of years. It's time we start looking at religious beliefs as nothing more than fairy tales.

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

-2 Peter 3:3-7; 10

The first destruction was by water (Flood) the second destruction will be by fire. If you're going to fly off the handle and hate on God and Bible believing Christians you should at least know the correct theology.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

I think you are making too much of a fuss about this. The couple wanted to be "relief foster-parents". In other words they wanted to do the job of giving full-time foster-parents a break which they often need.

And you think these people are inherently evil because you have an axe to grind? I wouldn`t do that job, would you? And if you would - go out there and do it!

Then you can justify your repetitive ranting - not before.

And I am not a Christian or anything else that carries a label, before you start.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerxes1434

I applaud the court for making the right decision in this case, we have people in this thread right now quoting a book that was written by peasants and sheep herders over 2,000 years ago and claiming that a flood will occur that will wipe off everyone that doesn't subscribe to that book's fairy tales.

We don't need more kids being brought up to believe that a magical being in the sky decided to blow his magic dust onto earth to create life.

Just because someone is religious, they shouldn't have an advantage over everyone else who is not. We have given religion enough respect which it didn't deserve for the last thousands of years. It's time we start looking at religious beliefs as nothing more than fairy tales.

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

The first destruction was by water (Flood) the second destruction will be by fire. If you're going to fly off the handle and hate on God and Bible believing Christians you should at least know the correct theology.

Right, so which one do you subscribe to? The one with the talking snake or the one with the unicorns?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

If its wrong, then why do they love eachother? If its such a sin, why did God give them the freedom to love another person, regardless of what sex?

Are you even reading what you're replying to?

I didn't say it was "wrong." I didn't say anything about God (I'm agnostic). I have no issue with loving people of the same gender (I certainly do)...

The reason that we have a sex drive to start with is primariily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not with harmonicas, fiddles, or tubas).

Well, this is what i was trying to get at. We don't just ahve a sex drive to help us produce. We have a sex drive so we can enjoy sex. Thats why many couples have sex all the time but never have children. I don't think it really matters looking at it from your point of view in this day and age. Yes, when it is used to harm people, then thats wrong. But if you are having sex with a Consenting adult. Be it anal, same sex, or other sexual acts, as long as its not hurting anyone, then who cares.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

Wrong!!! I said IF they were!

So in your eyes they are already GUILTY when there is not one shred of evidence.

That in itself is discrimination and promoting hate against this couple.
edit on 28-2-2011 by leo123 because: (no reason given)

Lol i did not say they were guilty. I said "if they are" Don't you understand what i am saying here!?

You don't seem to have a problem supporting this court decision so therefore by proxy you believe this couple will discriminate against a homosexual child.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Right, so which one do you subscribe to? The one with the talking snake or the one with the unicorns?

I know I will go to Heaven and live in bliss when it's my time to be with the Lord. Please repent of your blasphemies so you don't end up in eternal Hell where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xerxes1434

Whatever!
You can carry on believing your fairy tales. All i know is this, if your God is real, then i would rather go to hell to be honest!
edit on 28-2-2011 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I know I will go to Heaven and live in bliss when it's my time to be with the Lord. Please repent of your blasphemies so you don't end up in eternal Hell where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If heaven is so wonderful, then why don't you end your life now and spare yourself more suffering on this "horrible" planet seething with sinners? It's obvious that you will go to heaven, so why not do it now?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Whatever!
You can carry on believing your fairy tales. All i know is this, if your God is real, then i would rather go to hell to be honest!

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. -Matthew 12:36

I hope you can live with your eternal decision. It's not too late to repent. I will pray for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks this xeres guy is just nothing more than being a troll?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well, this is what i was trying to get at. We don't just ahve a sex drive to help us produce. We have a sex drive so we can enjoy sex. Thats why many couples have sex all the time but never have children.

I know, people have sex all the time just for fun and I think that's great.

But once again, that has NOTHING to do with what I wrote.

I am talking about ATTRACTION ITSELF.

We have a sex drive to start with primarily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not with little kids, sheep, or the same gender).

A sex drive that doesn't encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender has been misdirected in such a way, that it's working counter to the primary reason that we have a sex drive to start with.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If heaven is so wonderful, then why don't you end your life now and spare yourself more suffering on this "horrible" planet seething with sinners? It's obvious that you will go to heaven, so why not do it now?

What The Bible Says On Suicide

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
wow... this subject really gets peoples attention and also gets them to boiling point!!!

Ha! Ha!

So, how come it was alright for Elton John and his lover to adopt?

Do you think it's right that a baby girl or baby boy be watched while in the bath naked or for that matter to be touched while in the bath naked by 2 gay men?

This argument can bring about plenty of questions as to why certain people are eligible and others arent

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Shame this thread digressed into a Homosexual v Christian fight.

Imho if folk want to be Christian fine, homosexual fine, doesn't mean you have to agree with each others viewpoint. Although there are of course many homosexual Christians.
But to decend into this verbal fracas does neither side any favours.

It would be interesting to know what other criteria prevent one fostering a child. For instance - membership of the BNP, sexist views, being a mason, being a member of a cult. What questions do social workers ask of prospective carers?
Would I, as a Welshman be unsuitable for an English child

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Oh wow. Someone is citing incredibly bland and obvious observations as if it were special.

I really hope your end of days story has more to it than

"Cynical people are cynical."

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Whatever!

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. -Matthew 12:36

I hope you can live with your eternal decision. It's not too late to repent. I will pray for you.

Its funny because i bet most of the people on this planet who are doing bad things are religous. I am a good person, i go out of my way to help people. I don't do anything bad. I have a wife and soon to be child. If there is a God, and he chooses that i should go to hell, then i would never worship someone so evil, arragont,ignorant and with no emotion.

But the sad thing is, these are not Gods words, or jesus. These are the words of normal primitive men. Why do you think it sounds so primitive, with its primitive stories? Do you think God is primitive and thought like people did thousands of years ago? It is so obvious that these words are human words, and not an all powerfull God!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And the gays wonder why there is so much opposition to them in this day and age...

It amazes me how somebody's personal beliefs can be a real hinderance to them these days, I mean its not as if this couple are anti gay protesters or extremeists-they just don't agree with homosexuality. What is so wrong with that?

I don't agree with it, why you hate me now?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Whatever!

Its funny because i bet most of the people on this planet who are doing bad things are religous. I am a good person, i go out of my way to help people. I don't do anything bad. I have a wife and soon to be child. If there is a God, and he chooses that i should go to hell, then i would never worship someone so evil, arragont,ignorant and with no emotion.

But the sad thing is, these are not Gods words, or jesus. These are the words of normal primitive men. Why do you think it sounds so primitive, with its primitive stories? Do you think God is primitive and thought like people did thousands of years ago? It is so obvious that these words are human words, and not an all powerfull God!

Just because someone does bad things in the 'religious banner' doesn't mean they truly practice and believe in their heart.

23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

-Luke 13:23-27

People that do evil in the name of religion will be cast out and sent to Hell.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

Well, this is what i was trying to get at. We don't just ahve a sex drive to help us produce. We have a sex drive so we can enjoy sex. Thats why many couples have sex all the time but never have children.

I know, people have sex all the time just for fun and I think that's great.

But once again, that has NOTHING to do with what I wrote.

I am talking about ATTRACTION ITSELF.

We have a sex drive to start with primarily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not with little kids, sheep, or the same gender).

A sex drive that doesn't encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender has been misdirected in such a way, that it's working counter to the primary reason that we have a sex drive to start with.

What are you talking about attraction. I first saw my wife, i was attracted to her. That attraction turns to love, and now we are happy and married.

A gay man is attracted to another gay man. The attraction turns to love and now they are happilly in love and living together.

Thats just the way it is. It all comes down to love at the end of the day.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join