It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
So i guess gay people choose to be gay, right? To put them in the same group as child molesters is just wrong!

Reading not your strong suit?

What I wrote has nothing to do with child molesters, it has to do with attraction itself.

Here I'll change it for you.

We have a sexual drive to start with primarily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not to encourage sexual relations with rivers, grass or rainbows).

A sexual drive that doesn't encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender is abnormal.

edit on 28-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyLover
reply to post by minkey53

Please quote me chapter and verse in the Bible where the son portion of your triune, but single god, Jesus, said anything about homosexuality. I'm not interested in what Paul said, since Paul never even knew Jesus, but what Jesus himself said. Take your time.

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” -Matthew 19:4-6

Notice he said God created them male and female and brought them together and let no one separate them. Sex is only permissible in marriage and God created male and female to come together. Notice Christ didn't say a male and male or a female and female, etc. Becoming 'one flesh' is to be united in sexual union. Obviously Christ mentioned how God planned and created it, male and female.

There is your answer.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerxes1434
New evidence poses problems for those who think homosexuals should be allowed to serve as foster-parents. 35% of foster-parents who sexually abused their foster-children in the last three years engaged in homosexuality.

You do realize that if 35% of foster molesters are gay, that means 65% are straight... Shall we disallow straight fostering for this reason?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Also throwing out that animals have gay sex is invalid. Animals don't have any tyoe of morals and values, humans have the choice to premeditate murder, premeditate stealing, rape, etc. Animals have not conscious when it comes to that stuff. God created us to have a choice, follow his commandments or reject him and his commandments and perish in Hell.

Humans have the CHOICE to engage in homosexuality. They can CHOOSE not to. You can choose to engage in premarital sex to, that is also a sin. It's all a choice.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Xerxes1434 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So, are you saying that gay couples do not love eachother?

Seriously?

First you confuse attraction with sex itself, now you're confusing it with love?

I love lots of people that I'm not attracted to. I'm attracted to lots of people that I don't love.

We have a sex drive to start with primarily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not with candles, cupcakes, or corpses).

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Well, has it ever occured to you that being gay is a natural way of keeping the population down? Also, how many couples go through their lives having plenty of sex, but no children. Is that wrong too?

What it comes down to is this. If two people love eachother, and they are not harming anyone, then whats the problem. "God" gave them the will to love, so how can that be wrong?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You do realize that if 35% of foster molesters are gay, that means 65% are straight... Shall we disallow straight fostering for this reason?

Oh good grief... u really missed the point that time.

35% of foster parents are not gay.

35% of the foster parents who molested their kids were gay or bi-sexual (despite being a tiny percentage of the population).

Get it now?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

So, are you saying that gay couples do not love eachother?

Seriously?

First you confuse attraction with sex itself, now you're confusing it with love?

I love lots of people that I'm not attracted to. I'm attracted to lots of people that I don't love.

We have a sex drive to start with primarily to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender (not with candles, cupcakes, or corpses).

Serioulsy, you dont understand what i am trying to say. I am not confusing it with love. I am saying that there are many gay couples who have been together for years, and in love.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well, has it ever occured to you that being gay is a natural way of keeping the population down? Also, how many couples go through their lives having plenty of sex, but no children. Is that wrong too?

What it comes down to is this. If two people love eachother, and they are not harming anyone, then whats the problem. "God" gave them the will to love, so how can that be wrong?

You're taking love out of context from what the Bible teaches. Do you forget who tempts people to engage in ungodly activities? Satan does, he twists what God gave mankind so it's corrupted.

Preaching this false New Age Christianity where homosexuality and 'do what you like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone' rubbish will lead you to Hell. You'll answer to God for teaching a false Gospel.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by minkey53

I didn't think there could ever be a thread where I disagreed with both sides so adamently?

Of course God tells people to kill one another. Ever hear of the crusades? Or Job? Or jihad?

More people have been killed in the name of God than all other things combined.

Now, for the answer to the real question, if "God" told me to kill someone, hell yes I'm going to kill them. I would have to be certain it was God, and I would have to agree with the order, or otherwise I just wouldn't believe it was God speaking, but if I get some supernatural order to commit murder, and I can logically justify why the murder might be important, then I am going to complete it without a doubt.

absolutly disgusting.

Ive never respected the people who moderated this site less than now.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Oh good grief... u really missed the point that time.

I don't think so.

35% of the foster parents who molested their kids were gay or bi-sexual (despite being a tiny percentage of the population).

And what was the sexual orientation of the other 65% who molested their foster children?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is suppose to be a majority Christian country so when people get victimized for having Christian beliefs it just beggar's belief, I mean if they were going to tell the child all homo's are bad and he/she should ignore then fair enough but all they were saying was that they wouldn't tell him its a good thing!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I didn't say it was "wrong" but their sexual drive acts in a way that is completely counter to the primary reason that we have a sex drive to start with (which is to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender).

Straight couples have a normally functioning sex drive, homosexuals don't.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Also throwing out that animals have gay sex is invalid.

Hey, if you can throw out some story about a fantasy man who says it's wrong - and that is somehow valid in secular law, then I think the animals having gay sex is relevant.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Serioulsy, you dont understand what i am trying to say. I am not confusing it with love. I am saying that there are many gay couples who have been together for years, and in love.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote...
edit on 28-2-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I applaud the court for making the right decision in this case, we have people in this thread right now quoting a book that was written by peasants and sheep herders over 2,000 years ago and claiming that a flood will occur that will wipe off everyone that doesn't subscribe to that book's fairy tales.

We don't need more kids being brought up to believe that a magical being in the sky decided to blow his magic dust onto earth to create life.

Just because someone is religious, they shouldn't have an advantage over everyone else who is not. We have given religion enough respect which it didn't deserve for the last thousands of years. It's time we start looking at religious beliefs as nothing more than fairy tales.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You're taking love out of context from what the Bible teaches. Do you forget who tempts people to engage in ungodly activities? Satan does, he twists what God gave mankind so it's corrupted.

Preaching this false New Age Christianity where homosexuality and 'do what you like as long as it doesn't hurt anyone' rubbish will lead you to Hell. You'll answer to God for teaching a false Gospel.

You know what, im sick of all you religous nuts! All you do is spread hate, and then deny you are spreading hate. 90% if not more don't even follow the religon 100%, so what does that tell you about this fairytale.

You revolve your life around a book that was wriiten by primitive people thousands of years ago to control people one way or another, and its still doing the same thing now. Im so glad that my parents brought me up with a free mind to learn and come to my own conclusions all by my self.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I didn't say it was "wrong" but their sexual drive acts in a way that is completely counter to the primary reason that we have a sex drive to start with (which is to encourage sexual relations with adult human beings of the opposite gender).

Straight couples have a normally functioning sex drive, homosexuals don't.

If its wrong, then why do they love eachother? If its such a sin, why did God give them the freedom to love another person, regardless of what sex?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And what was the sexual orientation of the other 65% who molested their foster children?

Straight obviously, but you have to factor in the ratio of gays to straights to see which group is more prone to molestation.

When a tiny percentage of the population commits 35% of the molestation, that group is probably much more prone to molesting kids than the population as a whole.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It isn't their beliefs on gays, had they kept their mouths shut and not made it obvious (and probably in a hateful manner if it garnered any attention) they would have kids. I wouldn't want to have these people's mindset passed down to another generation either. You have a kid and you are determining the nurture part of his life and person so you probably wouldn't feel right choosing these people.

When did relgion become less a faith and more a soapbox? Christians and Republican Christians.
That religion has been twisted so many times. Its followers could have interpretted the bible to become almost zen like human beings instead they took all the messages assumed the worst and made it hateful towards others.
Lame ass religion.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join