It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Geological Survey Says Magnetic Pole Shift May Be Forthcoming!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
march 15 is when comet elenin the earth and the sun will line up in a straight line ( says computer models ) last year when they aligned it happened to be the same day as the chile earth quake. coincidence? you decide. elenin has gotten alot closer since then, but hey only time will tell right?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Quick everybody, make a automobilesailinghotairpropeller boat!

Run for the hills lol.....

Nothing will happen, im soo tired of all these stupid dates people throw out there. Nature does what it wants when it wants, NO ONE, again, NO ONE, will EVER be able to predict what Earth chooses to do I don't care who it is, you will all find out soon when alot of these prophecies are fixing to get shut down.

Our ending is going to be self induced.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
But the reversal of magnetic poles does not mean that the earth will turn upside down suddenly. and crack in half or anything. What real life implications does this have other than magnetic north is now south.

the north pole have been gradually moving for years, this will not destroy the earth.[ unless it lets through all the space radiation suddenly..]

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bit of a noob at this pole shift subject.

If the poles did shift, what exactly would happen to the earth?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You need to watch this to its entirety, because its obvious to me that you've been left out of the loop.
collegerama.tudelft.nl...

Now, I've only been here for a short amount of time, but, I suspect I know what your obvious response will be.

1. First you will attempt to discredit the source
2. You will say that the information is based on "poor science," even though much of it comes from NASA.
3. You will attempt to say that because there is no history of a pole shift in which we could derive data, that to entertain such ideas is useless, however any good scientist will disagree with that assessment. (Keep in mind, AIRPORTS are constantly adjusting their GPS information and runways to match NORTH because of the shift. Additionally, the N. Pole shifted from 5km per year to 55km per year almost overnight, while the South pole remains stable at 5km per year.) I don't care who you are or what you say, that is certain to cause dramatic effects on the earth. And while you desperately try to plug the holes in the breaking dam of information, animals are dying off in mass numbers, the world of politics is spinning out of control, and all sorts of anomalous events continue to occur that becomes harder and harder to explain away with conventional, yet limited logic. You won't be able to play damage control forever my friend. The floodgates are opening.
4. If you cannot discredit the information, then you will attempt to discredit me.

So, watch that video with an open mind. You may come to the conclusion that you're not the master of information, and you're not in control of reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qcuailon
reply to post by Phage

collegerama.tudelft.nl...

Have you got another link ? because I don't really want to install Microsoft Silverlight to watch it. Thanks

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I pick up my rental 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo on the 15th of March for a snowboarding trip. So, IF it does happen; Hey, I have a sweet new Jeep. LOL
edit on 28-2-2011 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MissSmartypants

A bit more reading on the website shows this:

Even so, the current strength of the magnetic field is as high as it has been in the last 50,000 years, even if it is nearly 800,000 years since the last reversal. Also, bearing in mind what we said about 'excursions' above, and knowing what we do about the properties of mathematical models of the magnetic field, it is far from clear we can easily extrapolate to 1500 years hence.

So in saying "early evidence of a forthcoming reversal" the BGS is not saying a reversal is imminent.

Very thorough, MissSmarypants. I agree with what you are to say in all of your posts, but just wanted to touch on this one quote that the field is as strong as ever ... according to the following, it has decreased by 10% and seems to be heading that way faster. However, if you read through these articles, they do not claim that pole shift is imminent.

Earth's magnetic field is fading. Today it is about 10 percent weaker than it was when German mathematician Carl Friedrich Gauss started keeping tabs on it in 1845, scientists say.
Original Source: news.nationalgeographic.com...

"Right now, historic records show that the strength of the magnetic field is declining very rapidly. From a quick back-of-the-envelope prediction, in 1,500 years the field will be as weak as it's ever been and we could go into a state of polarity reversal," says Singer. "One broad goal of our research is to provide some predictive capability for what could happen and what could be the signs of the next reversal."
Original Source: www.sciencedaily.com...

Personally, I don't believe anything that I read in the MSM anymore. It's almost like you have to read through 10 off the beaten track articles and several blogs just to get a glimpse of what is real. As far as predictions, ... well, hasn't the weatherman just been predicting the weather? We all know how that goes.

edit on 28-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The phenomenon of magnetic reversal isn't related to crustal displacement theory(pole shift.)

What happens during a magnetic reversal is the magnetic field (magnetosphere) strength temporarily drops to zero or a very small amount. The magnetosphere is what protects us in large part from the force of solar bombardment, both particles and radiation.

During the magnetic reversal we would be blasted by large amounts of solar radiation, and various particles, we could see all types of natural anomalies, like natural nuclear explosions(yes they do happen), oil rain, the list goes on.

Magnetic reversal is also linked to the glacial cycle, and major volcanic eruptions, as we know the weaker the magnetosphere becomes, the more we see volcanic and tectonic activity increase, which in turn lowers global temperatures.

My personal opinion is that magnetic reversal is the source of a process called evolution. The amount of solar radiation we could see during the reversal could cause unimaginable mutation.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I guess I should get started on my bucket list then. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
After reading this and many other threads on ATS over the last several months I have come to the conclusion that nobody knows what is going to happen, not ATS members or scientists or government officials. With all the downright false or conflicting information that comes out about every topic not only on this site but on the internet in general it has become obvious that we will not know how bad the s%^& stinks until it hits the proverbial fan.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

A pole shift takes thousands of years, not a few weeks or months.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I hope this March 15th prediction is simply hearsay! My girlfriend is going to Caribbean on the 15th with her cousins and aunt. If something terrible happens, then I am going to be both very sad and very single. I may have to go crazy and destroy some gov't geological officers for hiding this from the people.

I highly doubt anything is going to happen though. I don't think it will happen over night either. Maybe over the course of a month or two... but not over night. I hope anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Scary stuff, I looked at this a while back and although the comet is closest in October, March is when Earth passes directly between Elenin and the Sun, so could March 15 be the start of some serious acceleration in magnetic field shift as the comet drags the magnetic field around to it's new position?

Not long to go now and we'll all find out :/

Great thread by the way, S&F

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironsjack
Bit of a noob at this pole shift subject.

If the poles did shift, what exactly would happen to the earth?

One of the first and most obvious changes would be that magnetic compasses would no longer work.
Anything that depends on the compass, such as ship navigation equipment might be thrown off, but
we now have all sorts of satellite and radio navigation systems as backup.

I think (not an expert on this) the biggest problem would be that all the radiation
from the solar wind, which is normally blocked by the earth's magnetic field would
fall on us. Not sure if this would knock out satellites or cause DNA damage,
but it might cause health problems.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A pole shift is happening right now but very slowly so i doubt it will get much then it is but there could be something like that comet that could come by us and make it worse like it is predicted.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Thats just what we are teached. But how can you really know??? The elite is for elite only, they wouldnt be elite if they wanted everyone to be on the same level. They want rich and poor, not middle class!

The wealthy guys wants us to be poor, otherwise they wouldnt be rich.
just saying... how many really really wealthy guys have died in natural disaster?.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't mean to sidetrack but March 11 2011 is rumored as the date planned for revolt in Saudi Arabia by Muslim Brotherhood (funded by TPTB, NWO, dark elites). If this happens, oil price will go crazy and almost everyone's attention on Middle East.

I guess something dramatic is about to happen soon to cover up something bigger.

edit on 2/28/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: better remarks

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobby dazzler
reply to post by MissusSmartypants

Could you please show me where it says that Comet Elenin will be at closest on that date? much appreciated thank you

Maybe this thread will help.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Wrong. A pole shift can take anything from a handful of days to weeks. Its not too dissimilar to the 11-yr cycle of the Sun's magnetic flip which takes less than half a year to complete, Earth being significantly smaller than the Sun means there's less Magnetospheric resistance so the flip occurs in a shorter time. Stripes found in rocks all across the Earths surface has measured and mapped numerous flips over many millions of years. Earths pole shifts are nothing new, infact they've occurred hundreds of times before and will continue to do so into the future, even past the upcoming one. Whenever that may be.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join