It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Geological Survey Says Magnetic Pole Shift May Be Forthcoming!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Exactly. They're not saying the pole shift is just starting and we have thousands of years before it happens. It's already been happening. We are in the midst of a pole shift at this very moment. Is it conceivable that it could reach a critical tipping point and suddenly reverse?

No. They are not saying it is happening.

This may be early evidence of a forthcoming reversal in the direction of the Earth’s internal magnetic field.

forthcoming [ˌfɔːθˈkʌmɪŋ]
adj
1. approaching in time
2. about to appear

The SAA may be early evidence of something which may happen at some time. Something that probably takes thousands of years. The changes in the SAA have been occurring for as long as it has been studied. There is nothing to indicate that the changes indicate an imminent magnetic reversal.

edit on 2/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by Pauligirl

Just because it was discovered 12/10 means nothing.

It obviously existed before that time, and using mathematics, its path before it was discovered can be found.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by bobbydazzler

From the link:

As already noted the next time the comet aligns with earth is 3/15/2011 and it will be at a distance of 2.099 as depicted below.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The changes in the SAA have been occurring for as long as it has been studied.

And that's precisely what I was talking about.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here's the Comet Elenin Simulation link.

secchi.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Dude let it go,
let the thread die a natural death.
It has been derailed beyond repair by the pros.

Nice work mods as always.

Thank you op for the info.
I got something out of it.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Sore sides with laughing too much ?
enlighten me?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Totally astonishing the amonut of variation of where this comet is,yourssecchi.nrl.navy.mil...
Theirs ,which is right ..mmm I wonderssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
And this OP is wrong as well,whats going on two simulators that have different information,and everybodies wanting it official,wonder why theres no official,because they don`t know yet,but its possible
Hate to rain on the parade.

edit on 27-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

It obviously existed before that time, and using mathematics, its path before it was discovered can be found.

You're right, the path can be found. However, I'll wait on the doom and gloom part until the size and composition are found. But, just out of curiosity, has there ever been a comet that had a gravitational effect on earth? I mean other that the obvious of slamming into the earth?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Ok I just assumed without really thinking much about it but thanks for clarifying. I agree that something is happening now and the earth is changing. I am not sure of the form 100%.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Exactly thats why thers two different positions on its closest proximity,to dupe un weary minds into dispute until disclosure hour.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

No. But I do not think it is talking about gravity, either.

From what I understand, comets have an electromagnetic field, as do all celestial bodies.. Seeing as how Earth's EM field is deteriorating quickly, the EM field of the comet could interact negatively with Earth's EM field.

When the comet, sun, and earth align, the EM field of the three celestial bodies also align. The problem is that since Earth's EM field is weakened, the other two affect Earth greatly, since the EM field is Earth's defensive wall.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Just because something has not happened, does not mean that it can't happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Too much focus on Elenin over this SAA, this thread seems to be derailed intentionally on a technicality as there was a great deal of "hoopla" over this March 15 Mayhem recently, so who can blame the OP on that statement.

The credibility of the OP is intact if we can step past the Elenin comments and the March 15 insights. The SAA is being looked at now and being reported upon based on previous observations; this alone seems quite intriguing in that if a Magnetic Shift takes "thousands of years to complete" how come so much is changing in such a short amount of time? A ton of stuff has happened since 1982 when the Observatory was shutdown, that was just yesterday in my eyes.

The Magnetic North is moving too, and knowing this, when will we be expected to hear of the NAA? Are we going to start to see planes falling out of the sky? This all seems very "eminent" in my frame of reference because it is credible enough to spend millions investigating.

My bet is that the Magnetic Poles will collapse and we will be sent into a tailspin up until we come out the other end; I am guessing that a Mountain can be built in a day and in less than a week water can cut through the Earth and create the Grand Canyon! That's time enough!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Too much focus on Elenin over this SAA, this thread seems to be derailed intentionally on a technicality as there was a great deal of "hoopla" over this March 15 Mayhem recently, so who can blame the OP on that statement.

The credibility of the OP is intact if we can step past the Elenin comments and the March 15 insights. The SAA is being looked at now and being reported upon based on previous observations; this alone seems quite intriguing in that if a Magnetic Shift takes "thousands of years to complete" how come so much is changing in such a short amount of time? A ton of stuff has happened since 1982 when the Observatory was shutdown, that was just yesterday in my eyes.

The Magnetic North is moving too, and knowing this, when will we be expected to hear of the NAA? Are we going to start to see planes falling out of the sky? This all seems very "eminent" in my frame of reference because it is credible enough to spend millions investigating.

My bet is that the Magnetic Poles will collapse and we will be sent into a tailspin up until we come out the other end; I am guessing that a Mountain can be built in a day and in less than a week water can cut through the Earth and create the Grand Canyon! That's time enough!

Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the thread. As I conjectured earlier...wouldn't the change in the magnetic field eventually reach a critical "tipping point" at which time the final flip would occur? And why couldn't that be fairly instaneous?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hope you ATS experts can crawl or perhaps even walk through this latest information from Cornel University dated 27/02/11 I've taken a look at it and find it difficult to follow but it appears to be giving the latest on Planet X, The Sun and The Moon etc.,

I'm sure there's stacks to get your teeth into and perhaps would warrent a new thread I don't know - see what you think!

members.beforeitsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Hope you ATS experts can crawl or perhaps even walk through this latest information from Cornel University dated 27/02/11 I've taken a look at it and find it difficult to follow but it appears to be giving the latest on Planet X, The Sun and The Moon etc.,

I'm sure there's stacks to get your teeth into and perhaps would warrent a new thread I don't know - see what you think!

Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud
Authors: John J. Matese, Daniel P. Whitmire
(Submitted on 26 Apr 2010)
Abstract: We present an updated dynamical and statistical analysis of outer Oort cloud cometary evidence suggesting the sun has a wide-binary Jovian mass companion. The results support a conjecture that there exists a companion of mass ~ 1-4 M_Jup orbiting in the innermost region of the outer Oort cloud. Our most restrictive prediction is that the orientation angles of the orbit normal in galactic coordinates are centered on the galactic longitude of the ascending node Omega = 319 degree and the galactic inclination i = 103 degree (or the opposite direction) with an uncertainty in the normal direction subtending ~ 2% of the sky. A Bayesian statistical analysis suggests that the probability of the companion hypothesis is comparable to or greater than the probability of the null hypothesis of a statistical fluke. Such a companion could also have produced the detached Kuiper Belt object Sedna. The putative companion could be easily detected by the recently launched Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE).
Top matches in this document to your query 'nemesis'
... be incapable of creating comet "storms". To help mitigate popular confusion with the Nemesis model (Whitmire and Jackson ( 1984), Davis et al. ( 1984)) we use the name recently suggested by Kirkpatrick and Wright (2010), Tyche, (the good sister of Nemesis) for the putative companion. The outer Oort cloud (OOC) is formally defined as the ensemb ... Cataogues and Planet X. Mon. Not. R. Astron. Soc. 335 , 641-654. Kaib, N. A., and T. Quinn 20 ...

Comments: 41 pages, 9 figures, submitted to ICARUS
Subjects: Earth and Planetary Astrophysics (astro-ph.EP)
Cite as: arXiv:1004.4584v1 [astro-ph.EP]

Submission history
[v1] Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:00:59 GMT (570kb)

Which authors of this paper are endorsers?
Link back to: arXiv, form interface, contact.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Thanks. I skimmed throught the papers related to Nemesis/Planet x. It looks to me like Cornell students are writing papers on whether or not what they refer to as Nemesis(our sun's binary companion) could exist. Seems to be some sort of intellectual exercise on the subject.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

So. What do you think that paper says? Any comments? What does it have to do with a magnetic pole shift?
It's not like it hasn't been discussed a bit.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
Reply to Phage

Yeah, I know Phage. But if I had said that would you or anyone else be posting on this thread right now? You know ATS is a business and they want people to go on their threads. It's all about the marketing.
In other words....Made you look!!
edit on 2/27/2011 by MissSmartypants because: (no reason given)
THough I agree that it is a business,.
Posting info that in its self if a not factual only begs for
someone to correct it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join