It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the planet was being attacked, would YOU accept genetic modification of yourself to fight enemy?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
we are just so preoccupied w/death, destruction, cruelty, poisoning the Earth and other stupid Human tricks

We're not! That's the misconception they want you to buy into! The one the powers that be peddle. It's a lie. We're not like that. As a whole we're not that bad at all, but they would have you believe we're a complete shambles. More like they are. If anyone needs me to point out who 'they' are then I might just give up.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

No i wouldnt, knowing my government they would prolly have ur memory wiped so they could control u...sounds like a movie haha WOLVERINE!!! AHHH

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would not genetically modify myself. I was born a human, I'd like to die a human. Same with merging my consciousness with a robot. Somewhere along the line, it's likely you'll lose what it means to be human. i don't want to go there.
edit on 26-2-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If it made me look like Rambo but with the tactical mind of Jack Bauer and gave me the equipment seen in universal soldier and the thunderbirds then yes.

Or if it made me the master chief.

Hey you know what, we have Chuck Norris so there would be no need for such genetic enhancements, we would just get Chuck to sort it out.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

After receiving several experimental vaccines in the military, i would have to respectfully decline genetic modification.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

A better question....if the USA were being attacked by radical muslims, would you convert to Islam in order to fight the enemy?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Painless ? Where do I sign ?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So long as it didn’t change my appearance (e.g. little children don’t scream at the sight of me and Women don’t laugh) and it comes with physical advantages why not.
But you just know that the powers to be will imbed a kill switch, couldn’t have your toy soldiers rebelling

So the answer is Yes and No depending on the circumstances’

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

1. If the threat was real, it will be immediate and there may be no time enough to breed another genetic race using kids.

2. Kidnapping kids alone is a crime, and if ever found out, there will be hell to pay.

3. No person or kid should be force to do anything against their will, or be influenced in any way to do so. They must know and be prepared for what they are doing.

4. Genetic implantation and alteration, while is still in its infancy stages, can only alter our body shells. The soul/conciousness is UNALTERABLE, provided one has a strong mind. Mind altering substances or control interfaces does not have lasting effects once one is out of the control environment.

The body shell may be different, but the mental make up is still one of the human race, the sum of its experiences and teachings gain over centuries of civilisation during formative years, to do good or bad

Yes, I do see where you're coming from, on all levels and I'll reply to each in like kind.

1) I agree, that does not preclude Government considering that, trust me.

2) Yes, kidnapping is a crime, but Government sees itself above the law in many aspects.

They would label it "recruiting volunteers" to sidestep it semantically.

Even if those same said volunteer said no.

3) I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, Government does not, never has and never will, anything stating they agree with that is mere lip-service towards deniability.

Trust me.

4) It is only in its infancy as far as we're told.

Government, Military, Law Enforcement, and Intelligence agencies tell us what they want us to know.

Usually Military tests things and it is 20 years before we hear about it.

I disagree about the soul and or consciouness being unalterable.

This is where split personalities comes from with our minds being screwed by major issues.

Not to mention our spiritual self being able to be compromised by walk-in's.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Only if I could keep my memories and free will. After the "war" the body must still be functional, durable with no dangerous side effects and able to pass as an average human being. Assuming I get to be free afterward, maybe.

As for superpowers well I may go nuts with that list
so ill leave it at that for now. Should be careful about powers, don't want lasers bouncing back at me every time I look in the mirror
yeah cyclops' power would be very inconvenient.

edit on 2/26/2011 by CuriousObserver because: ...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Oh yeah!! I'd take evil to fight evil! Don't think I would need much convincing.

Once the aliens are done. I'd set my sights on the governments. Might as well get the two birds with the one stone!

As a great philospher once said "I won't sing it. I'll bring it!"

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
If the planet was being attacked, would YOU except genetic modification of yourself to fight enemy. Basically if the Earth had some data that there was a force of evol Aliens coming this way would you except a genetic modifier that would cause physical changes when certain neuro chemicals are released. I am not going to say what type of modifications I will leave that up to your imaginations. But would you. If it made you stronger?

LE me know ATS and answer please with as much respect to humanity as you can.

edit on 2/25/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Hey Mr. 13th constellation, serpent-bearer, when first tricks you the second waiting patiently (attacks you),
just one citation:

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Who needs a war... Jack me up now.

+4 bionic eye of invincibility please.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What´s with the odd questions lately? I don´t think we have the ability to create genetic modifications or superpowers of any kind. And sorry i´m just the messenger please don´t shoot me but we won´t survive a day if aliens came to anihilate us. Are you familiar with the term orbital bombardement? They don´t even need to land on earth to kill us all. A virus or some modifiactions on our tectonic plates or the weather is enough to wipe us out.

But i guess i won´t use the technology to alter myself if it were possible because the last thing we need is something what makes us less human as we already are right now. Changing our DNA for example would cause severe damage to our whole species at itself. One tiny mistake and we would extinct in no time. That´s why i didn´t liked the idea of cloning but sciencetists done it anyways.

If Aliens came to conquer and enslave us they would have done it by now and not wait until we stockpiled Nuclearbombs like Smarties.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
If the planet was being attacked, would YOU except genetic modification of yourself to fight enemy.

First of all I believe all Humans (as in Homo Sapiens) are already been genetically 'modified'. Secondly I would welcome any type of Aliens and I don't believe in some war against them. What would be the point? What would there be to 'save'?

IF aliens would / do come to Earth they are far better technological and scientifical evolved then humans are today. Maybe it's about time that humans SEE how bad they took care of the land and waters of this planet. Maybe it's time for humans, as in the species Homo Sapiens, to go or evolve via (further?) crossbreeding with aliens.

I do not believe in the force of any modificational gadgets, neither in modification via implanted cells of biological or other sort. Any government or organization that would offer me data to save our planet, I would tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine

To answer your Q: NO! I wouldn't want any genetic modification.

It doesn't matter, not really, if humans as a biological species will be extinct or not since the Life Spirit, our Soul, will live forever. It only changes form.

If there is anything that makes me proud to be a human then it is my ability to cry and have empathy.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I would accept a giant Phallus mod, and a regiment of super fit warrior babes to *cough* assist me on my alien
conquest.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would accept suits like ones in "Gantz", but nothing like going through surgery stuff.
But, that would make me look like a hypocrite.
Heck, if it was possible.
I would be itching to be one of the first to get the powers haha.
edit on 26-2-2011 by B1993 because: editing words

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

They arrive and discover the enemy is a race of pink, sentient, ball-like creatures. In their first battle Fry fails to stop an attack and instead blows a hole in the ground to hide.

Ahh yep.. Thats me..

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I would genetically enhance my penis and dick slap the aliens to death.
edit on 26-2-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Probably not because alien technology is not of this world, doesn't really matter how strong you are Aliens are a supperior race. Imagine if animals tried to take over us be pretty much the same thing hahah

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join