It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gas is $ 5.00 dollars a gallon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

I can't for the life of me see why you people pay so much for gas . Your country is so small and you can't use that much . Your cars are so small and British petrolium is one of the biggest oil companies .
If America fall , so does the rest of the world . Of course I do believe that the NWO wants the world to fail . Then they can introduce the global currency and government that they want .That is their objective ! I would not be surprised that the globalist didn't start the Middle East troubles to jump oil prices up .

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smallblockchevy

What is funny, Canada's oil is 2nd largest in the world 175 billion bbl in proved reserves, first would be Saudi Arabia with 264.6 billion bbl, and gas prices in Saudi Arabia is $0.10USD per liter, Venezuela price of gas is $0.12USD per U.S. Gal., most South American countries are around the same price. USA price today is $0.95 per liter and the USA imports 90% of there oil from Canada, and today in Canada the price per liter ranges from $1.21 to $1.40CDN.........Something is very wrong here would you not agree!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smallblockchevy

What is funny, Canada's oil is 2nd largest in the world 175 billion bbl in proved reserves, first would be Saudi Arabia with 264.6 billion bbl, and gas prices in Saudi Arabia is $0.10USD per liter, Venezuela price of gas is $0.12USD per U.S. Gal., most South American countries are around the same price. USA price today is $0.95 per liter and the USA imports 90% of there oil from Canada, and today in Canada the price per liter ranges from $1.21 to $1.40CDN.........Something is very wrong here would you not agree!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Those countries such as Saudi Arabia and Venezuela subsidize petroleum prices as the locals are poor. If they charged the poor the true price, they would riot and overthrow their governments.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
We don't drive much as it is.

We ride our bike to work.

We group our errands.

We also have a hybrid that we use most of the time.

We don't fly very often.

Basically it won't make a big difference in our life.

However, there are people that I work with who have a 50 mile commute. Their going to see a big increase in their commute costs. Already, they are trying to make arrangements to work from home.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have said this for a while...American citizens will need to change their lifestyle and adapt to what is going on, one being the price of gas. As was mentioned before, welcome to what the majority of the rest of us pay for gas. You wonder why the country is bankrupt? Because of subsidies to be able to provide things like gas to its citizens well below the real price.

In Canada, we produce 2 million barrels a day and consume 2 million barrels a day. Yet we have always payed much more for gas than the US.

The US consumes 20 million barrels a day and produces 1.6 million barrels a day.

It is us who should be complaining, but we are use to it and adapt our lifestyle around it. You need to start doing the same as I see the price remaining high (or true) from now on.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiste
As was mentioned before, welcome to what the majority of the rest of us pay for gas.

And foreigners wonder why Americans hate them... We aren't xenophobic, we are just sick of your ignorant idiocy.

blogs.marketwatch.com...

Canada and Euroland HAS HIGHER TAXES THAN AMERICA ON GASOLINE! IF YOU LOOK AT THE BEFORE TAX RATE YOU YODDEL'S GET CHEAPER GAS THEN WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously and people think America's educational system is up a creek. Sometimes I am surprised that Canadians know how to read and write..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Why do americans waste so much gas by not driving at the most efficient speed of their cars? I guess they can afford it.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
Why do americans waste so much gas by not driving at the most efficient speed of their cars? I guess they can afford it.

Why do foreigners not bath often? I mean common they have bath tubs all over the world. Heck if water is an issue there is always showers.But no you foreigners just have to stink up every place yous go. I guess your noses don't work right or something. Because they always seem to be places were they aren't welcome.

If you want to play the xenophobe game, I can play that game too. Heck I will even up the ante.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Tiste
As was mentioned before, welcome to what the majority of the rest of us pay for gas.

And foreigners wonder why Americans hate them... We aren't xenophobic, we are just sick of your ignorant idiocy.

blogs.marketwatch.com...

Canada and Euroland HAS HIGHER TAXES THAN AMERICA ON GASOLINE! IF YOU LOOK AT THE BEFORE TAX RATE YOU YODDEL'S GET CHEAPER GAS THEN WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously and people think America's educational system is up a creek. Sometimes I am surprised that Canadians know how to read and write..

My point exactly!!! The US has been thinking of raising taxes on gas for many, many years yet end up yielding to the big oil & gas corporations.

"Policy experts believe that an increased tax is needed to fund and sustain our transportation infrastructure. The National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission issued a detailed report in February 2009."

"An increased cost of fuel would also encourage less consumption. A growing fiscal and national security concern is America's dependence on foreign oil. Americans sent nearly $430 billion to other countries in 2008 for the cost of imported oil."

You wonder why the US has fallen so far behind other 1st world countries when it comes to public transportation like high speed rail and wonder why your bridges & highways are in a state of disrepair. Its tough when your federal and state governments are pretty much broke. Its time to ween you off of cheap gas dependency and join the rest of us.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

What I meant was that the US could save VAST amounts of gasoline be driving slower, at whatever is the optimum speed for their car. It is usually between 55 and 65. I see so many people going faster than that. It is pure waste, but like I said, if they can afford it, ok.

I don't know why you resorted to personal attacks. It is not allowed on this board. I am an american too, by the way.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Just thought I'd post this since looks like the NW and CA are getting RAPED for prices ~!!!! Can you guys plz either confirm this from the temp map located Gas temp map

My question is... why?? !!! since the ports are on the coast & refineries are in CA.. should be the other way???

It's not IF.. but when; it was already announced thu a radio station here in OR that gas prices WILL go to 5$ a gallon.. this was directly from a CEO or spokesperson from a major Oil/gas company .. I 'thought' it was ARCO..

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallblockchevy
I would like to hear some input. If the price surges uncontrolably what are you going to do about it. Will you cut back driving leaving only essentials, will you look for thriftier transportation, small car , bicycle , car pool. Would you look at an electric vehicle or even attempt a conversion to an existing one. Lots of ways to look at it. Maybe even a small community ran methane plant, or electric generation. Just looking for opinions not to start an argument. thanks

"IF" gas is $5? "IF" the price surges uncontrolably?? I'm paying $4 a gallon. It won't take a surge, nor will it have to be "uncontrolable". It WILL happen. Before 2012, the current administration will make sure that the American public is taken advantage of. As long as everyone gets to keep their finger in the mashed potatoes. It will just slowly rise, $4.50, $5, then $6. Until, we stand up, elect a government that will NOT give us a wink and a smile to our face, but the high hard one behind our back.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
The bigger concern for me isn't my individual driving because, frankly, I will just have to pay whatever "The Man" forces me to.

My HUGE concern is the cost across the board for transportation of goods that I would buy.

That should be everyone's concern.

That's right, food will be harder to pay for, my hubby hauls food, and sometimes my imagination runs away with thoughts of,what if food cost go through the roof, is hubby gonna get truck jacked for food?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
5 Dollars a gallon would be a dream in Europe. A good one too.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Just thought I'd post this since looks like the NW and CA are getting RAPED for prices ~!!!! Can you guys plz either confirm this from the temp map located Gas temp map

My question is... why?? !!! since the ports are on the coast & refineries are in CA.. should be the other way???

It's not IF.. but when; it was already announced thu a radio station here in OR that gas prices WILL go to 5$ a gallon.. this was directly from a CEO or spokesperson from a major Oil/gas company .. I 'thought' it was ARCO..

Just saw on the news yesterday, they're predicting gas to go $6.00/gal .. if that is true..I just calculated our expenses for gas ... $360.00/month~!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join