It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gas is $ 5.00 dollars a gallon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
LOL haha@ the flintstones car..looks like we will be receeding too before midevil times again! lol
HEY! they, governemnt and OPEC made it this way..screw em let em suffer financially for screwing us allover, along with wallstreet.
Let us not forget too...oil is also found in things we use around the home be it foods or soaps! suave skin cream, Lever 2000 soap, contains petrolatum. googling petrolatum in online, i got the same results...its derived from petrolium, as vaseline is. those blueberrys you see in cereals, are made of similary hydrocarbons. candy as well..the FDC is not entitled by law, to disclose the exact ingredient listing ,, a total breakdown of other ingredients. kinda like gummy bears* an ingredient is listed, cant remember, but in reality is derived from cow or pig intestines. some cadys, cotnain FD&C colors, derived from petrolium! so as gas prices go up, so will cancer candy and tumored soap

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I already sold my F150 4x4 that got maybe 15 MPG and bought a Nissan truck that gets 25+ MPG.

My wife manages a gas station / convenience store and when I was in there this afternoon she told her employee
to check the numbers they use to post gas prices on the big sign and wanted him to be sure
They had 5's, 6's & 7's to be used.

Don't know if that means she heard something from higher up's or what. I will have to ask her tonight.
Scary to think she is anticipating up to $7 a gallon gas.......

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
When gas was 4.50 a gallon, A group of four (myself included) would carpool to work.
I now live closer to work (6 miles) but would still consider carpooling with fellow employees.

In short... I wouldn't be doing a whole lot of driving. I'd spend a hell of a lot more time at home.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeon9010
Check this thread i made... i think that this thread has to do with part of mine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which part Zeon?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeon9010
Check this thread i made... i think that this thread has to do with part of mine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which part Zeon?

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Simple I'll leave the GL1800cc flat-6 Honda Goldwing( 40+ mpg; in the garage) and ride my 500ccRoyal Enfield"AVL( lean burn) "(slow) single@ 77+ mpg! More so worrying. is the price of commodities mentioned earlier .This is exactly what "dear leader" had in mind with "energy costs necessarily skyrocketing" he was talking coal I think) but it applies: it will slow whatever is left of the American Economy,.cut down on our "polluting the environment"cut down our driving..
too bad we are a car culture with housing set up around the automobile... too bad..
the days of the "120 mile commute" ( as ridiculous as it was for some willing to take it in stride will certainly come to an end..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Lets hope that sustained 5 dollar a gallon gas does not collapse our economy as 4 dollar a gallon gas started to do . Had it not come down as soon as it did our economy would have stalled . We wouldn't need to drive to work or anywhere else .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here in the UK we are paying £1.35 per liter or £6.13/$9.87 per gallon.

I think you will see more people using public transport, rising the gas price could be a good thing for some people as they'd have to walk and cycle more and burn off all that extra flab, then they woulden't have to buy a plane ticket for each butt cheek

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Its about time usa paid what the rest of us have to pay considering they use more than the average earthling & don't bitch at $5 Gallon its still cheap ... suck it up

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by smallblockchevy

Seriously? OK if it hits 5 per gallon in the states then any higher figure is only a matter of microseconds away I'm thinking. If that happens we will be forced into making certain decisions. Here are mine. If there is no rationing or even if there is. Drive only in the daytime and carry, permit or no. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Buy gas only where there are lots of others doing the same. I will not let the wife go alone, anywhere in the car. Too easy a mark (this is not true of all women. Some are well able to mix it up with men. My wife is not one of these however plus we are both seriously senior).

Car pool. Yeah sure. That too.
edit on 26-2-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostsock
We live 17 miles from town.. yes we are out in the country so there is no public transportation at all. Basically our only option is to either move to town or pay for gas. Its pretty simple. as it is we only go to town 2 or 3 times a month to pay bills and to the grocery store. A boring existence for sure but living in the country is worth it. BUT when gas was $4.00 a gallon a couple of years ago they were talking about adding a sir charge for the school buses.

not to be a jerk, but there are other options. there are many in the world who walk for a week or more, ...just to sell a goat. 34 miles round trip...at a good pace...could easily be done in a day

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I Figure I'll have to walk

www.youtube.com...

third Line

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
A couple of years ago, gas was around 4.00+ per gallon. Not much I can do because I have about a 40 minute commute both ways each day. I did and probably would again if need be, cut out most of my weekend driving.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

told you all that7-8 $ a gallon is not too far fetched...

oh but wait : MAYBE THE "ALIENS" WILL COME AND BRINK "FREE ENERGY" FOR ALL OF OUR STUPID ARSS...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

you should try an APTERA with a diesel engine in it...
it gets 230mpg at 55mph only on diesel power ... if it's hybrid it will get 300mpg...

can't beat that...

www.treehugger.com...

" Delivering slightly less than originally calculated, the three-wheeled hybrid still sips fuel to the tune of 230 miles per gallon while humming along at 55 miles per hour. "

BUT HEY , LET'S BE SERIOUS : how many americans give a f... about aerodynamics , weight of their car , HOW MANY HEARD OF AN AIRFOIL , and how many "noticed" that the cars of today are practically DESIGNED for innefficency , having an inverted shape of an airfoil or water drop...
wonder how "stupid" can these guys with all those airplanes in the sky can be

the wings are EXACTLY LIKE A WATER DROP... or at least a nice wing cross-section...

www.autozine.org...
Oh , and by the way : ALL the aerodynamic cars made a long time ago , HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED ONE BY ONE , and instead "brick-shaped cars" were made ...
WONDER WHY?!...
Guess Ronald Reagan was right :
THERE IS AN ALIEN PRESENCE AMONG US , AND AN EVIL ONE ACTUALLY!
Regan's ALIEN speech to UN
www.youtube.com...

on a bigger picture , gas prices are an imposed tax wich EVERYBODY WILL PAY NO MATTER WHAT!

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
With all due respect to the rest of the world, This is America 5 bucks a gallon? this economy was never meant to see that especially now. Get ready for WW3 it's coming and hell is coming with it . Mankind has reached his pinnacle point of idiocy.. Don't wait around for Nibriu 2012 bs , super volcanoes or the Antichrist for we are the Antichrist.. This is not going to be pretty and there wont be any history books to prove it, Dig your holes in the ground for they wont be deep enough, Climb the highest peaks my as well jump off there wont be anywhere to hide. Keep watching as the rest of this Planet falls deeper and deeper into mass chaos it's coming to a neighbor near us all soon.. Peace be with us all

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo

The vastness of the United States allows for expansion of cities and rural areas . England is very small an you could probably hike across it in in a few days . Nation states in Europe are not that big and they do not commute the distances that people in the US have to . My question to the 8 buck a gallon people is why do you pay so much for gas without question for so long when we were paying less than a buck ? We buy the same oil from British Petroleum ? We use a lot more gas and oil than you drive dinky little cars ride public tranportation and travel 2 miles to work . It's not like there was not a lot of oil , are you people crazy?

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Essentially the North American economy is not able to handle oil above 100 per barrel. If gas reaches well over 1.40/litre or 5/gallon then your going to see the economy crash quite quickly.

As to those who say oh well, I will walk/bike to work - you fail to realize that with an increase in gas comes an increase with everything else (including the fact that many truckers will just not be able to afford to run their rigs anymore).

With high unemployment (forget the baloney numbers the government gives out) and inflation, expect to see many people starting to lose it. Forget Egypt and the unrest around the world, your going to see it here shortly.

(seeing how some members of ATS seem to think aliens or some spirit consciousness is going to save us, they had better hurry up)

edit on 26-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: riots coming soon to a neighbourhood near you

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

My primary vehicle is a Kawasaki VN900 and if I ride it sensibly it will get close to 50 mpg. If I ride it hard I will still get close to 40. My wife rides a Honda Shadow VT 600 trike conversion with similar results. I don't have a car, technically, but my wife has a little Mazda Pickup to use when the bikes just don't work for the task at hand.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
5 bucks per gallon isn't that much. Norway pays about 10 USD per gallon and they are oil producers. They have their ethical reasons behind the pricing but it still makes driving something to budget. If you are truly concerned, start planning now.

Solar power your house to 1,000 Kilowatt Hours then get an electric car. Free electricity and free "fuel" for your car. With government rebates and energy buy-back programs, you'll be reimbursed about 80% of the cost of the solar panels. Or... you can even make your own out of solar cells, soldering, and 2X4s. It's not easy but it's faaaaar more practical and easier than paying for electricity and supporting oil barons for the rest of your life.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join