It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If gas is $ 5.00 dollars a gallon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not sure how you would charge from a distance?. Ive always thought of the locomotive, deisel engine generator running electric motors. They do this for the immediate power response and the controlabilty issue. Pure electric would not be as feasable as a hybrid gas or diesel. Electric cars as new will never really catch on, just like the chevy volt flop. 5 years i believe is the battery life with a 8,500 dollar cost to replace the lithium ion battery pack. One hundred percent of the power is realized when a electric motor is switched to on , that is the real key to the electric motor versus a gas motor not making full power until the given rpm is reached.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You will see peoples with alot less of what they need. Meanning, FOOD, TRANSPORTATION, RENT, Everything will go up. The only thing that will stay the same will be your wages as everything goes up , you get LESS. YOU LOOSE MORE and slowly will your pocket book, drain. So, exspect less than what you had last year , only you will be more short of the end of the stick in things you need , like FOOD. Exspect to always be late on bills while they pile up on you. Make sure that there is room at your parents house or sister or brothers house cause you might have to move back in with them to save money and help them out. Exspect it and prepare. Some of us may have to live under a bridge.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That is how they got you under thumb. Lets say a small community ( 5000 or so ) wanted to start a small landfill / recycling center . They could recycle the glass, aluminum cans, paper etc. Now lets say the plan is to also extract methane from the junk trash , like food product and liquid, the EPA would step in and say no way. This could put people lots of people to work, produce electricity, and natural gas , plus they would reap the benefits of the cash from the recycled things. Think about if some farmer had a surplus of corn or sugarbeets he couldnt or didnt want to sell , could produce his own ethanol or methanol to help his supplement his fuel costs, he couldnt do that and he wouldnt be able to sell it either. What about if that same community or town wanted to sell its excess electric to a neighboring area, no way,illegal. There isnt any aspect of your life that the gov doesnt have its hands in. This is where the control comes from, your dependence of everything from them. It doesnt matter if you tryed to become energy dependent on a larger scale, you would be shut down. If they control your energy (gas) then they got you no matter what. We need to become more able to do things for ourselves and communitys as a whole, in a little smaller scale. sorry just rambling

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Probs been posted already in the thread, but we Uk losers are paying £1.35 per litre for unleaded.

5 x 1.35= £6.75 UK Gallon

Todays exchaneg rate = $10.98

Have a heart i truly wish i was paying $5.00 per gallon
edit on 28-2-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

have some patience; it will get to 7-8 $ a gallon in USA before summer!
THAT'S GONNA BE A REAL TEST! in uk a gallon will cost 15$ (assuming the dollar will STILL EXIST in this summer...)
who has lots of dollars better sell them and buy gold fast !

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by rigel4

have some patience; it will get to 7-8 $ a gallon in USA before summer!
THAT'S GONNA BE A REAL TEST! in uk a gallon will cost 15$ (assuming the dollar will STILL EXIST in this summer...)
who has lots of dollars better sell them and buy gold fast !

Should we assume that the Fed is going to be buying gold very soon.

Truly if UK gets to $15.00 a gallon,we are all finished. OUr food stuff will be out of most our reach and our utilities
gas and electric will be just as out of reach. I think our utilities have trebled in the last two years. It can only get worse.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

oh for f sakes...
be realistic :
people survived SOMEHOW WW1 , WW2 what else could go wrong?!

P.S. : it's gonna be fine , listen to this guy here , and buy yourself a weapon (comes in handy when you're gonna loot people for food ...)

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Gas has always been at @$4 a gallon for the people on Guam. Even though their gas comes from Malaysia only a little ways away and is HIGH SULFUR fuel. Not even compliant to be used in TIER II Federal Emission vehicles, plugs up the catalytic converters. Guam's got a Federal EPA Waiver to get that cheaper fuel.

So where's the hyper profits been going from getting that cheap gas and selling it at premium prices?

A Shell Executive quit and ran away with millions according to a news article. He used the money to open up a HOOTERS on the island.

Guess high gas prices did sort of benefit them. They got a Hooters.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
reply to post by rigel4

oh for f sakes...
be realistic :
people survived SOMEHOW WW1 , WW2 what else could go wrong?!

P.S. : it's gonna be fine , listen to this guy here , and buy yourself a weapon (comes in handy when you're gonna loot people for food ...)

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be Happy

www.dailymotion.com...

Decenttune but i still say we are f*****d

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by smallblockchevy

In Lima, Peru we already pay between 4.5 and 5.1 US$ per gallon. I own a Jeep Liberty (3.7 lt, V6) and spend $40 a week on gas. If gas goes up 10% to 15%... nothing will happen for me as a “gas buyer”.
The thing is that this spike will mean an increase in the price of vegetables, fruit and meat that comes from the rest of the country to the Capital. Electricity bills will also go up, since 10% of our electricity is “non renewable” (thermoelectric). Plane tickets will increase and we would get less tourists for Cusco and all the other important destinations that Americans and Europeans love.
All the imports (air, ground and sea) and anything that has to do with plastics will go up too.

And this is the same for almost every country in the world.

The world is “petroleum-dependant”.

Cheers,
Jechu

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smallblockchevy

Those free-range speculators are free to do whatever they like. This is one of the key reasons for oil's high price.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
gas is already over $5 a gallon in Eastern Canada

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I went looking for carpooling websites. In Europe, www.carpooling.com is running and letting people get together to share the ride, it looks like. I would like to see something national in the USA to do this. It could help with expenses and just makes good sense for people in cities to share parking costs, use HOV lanes and just be friendly.

Edited to find this: www.erideshare.com...
edit on 2-3-2011 by bonaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If it reaches 5 bucks then this is the thread for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
All of us here in the U.S. can find ways to cut down on our gas consumption, but we still have to eat and food prices are going to double.

I thought electric cars would be selling, but the car companies are only making very few. The waiting list is said to be a year for most.

Something more is afoot.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Any public transportation where you are?

If so, you have poor excuse for complaining.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
At $5.00 a gallon I would slow down on buying scratch offs

At $6.00 a gallon I would turn off my cell phone

At $7.00 a gallon I would plan a road trip and buy a new radar detector because the roads would be clear of all the idiots except cops

At $8.00 a gallon I would drink and drive, weee

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
People in the South can use golf carts and their horses to do small errands close to their houses.
Stop using the drive thurs for meals, park the car and walk in. Limit errands to one day a week, and take the whole family for their errands. Shop at garage sales, Aldis, use online bill pay. Read more, use Netfix , stop going to the movies. I believe last time the gas spike it really crippled the economy. People got just plain nasty and started ripping each other off financially when they could. I just stopped using certain services and avoided fraudulant busnisses people, I started carrying around my own business proposal pads to keep people honest on verbal business deals. Dog groomers, dog kennels, hairdressers, handmen, etc... We noticed the doctors, dentists, and lawyers were comming up with frivilous expensive test procedures to cover their bills, If they find out you have reliable health care they will try and milk you. I learned to say NO loudly. Cutting back on contact with these services alieveated alot of stress. Really do we all need annual pap smears and mamograms if we are in a low risk group? I started taking the dogs to the pet mobile and that saves alot of money every year, about $155.00 per dog, and it's a fast friendlier visit to the vets. You can even buy the heart worm pills from their truck.
The pool memberships, summer camps, trips 500 miles away to relatives can be eliminated.
Sell all luxury items off; such as campers, boats,and horses. You can rent them on an hourly/weekly basis a few times a year instead. Sell extra cars off. Quit country clubs, gyms, etc... Spend money only on housing food and clothing. Start saving. You know I thought we started doing all this in 2007, and still the economy is not too good. Retailers are selling inferior crap made cheaper. So we just stopped buying stuff, and the house is a lot less cluttered and I like it. Obama should have started spending on roads, bridges, and schools intead of bailing out the car industry. That money should have been given with the condition the car industry has to start building alternative cars that don't use fossil feuls, What progress has happened in the last four years? Nothing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
you should consider coming to venezuela to buy gas.
its less than a dollar a gallon,much less.
buy some,then take it home however you can

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It has already hit $5.00

Economy isn't even going to make it through this summer folks.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join