It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh,ok,
Pres. Obama grew some balls,
please,my nuetured dog has more balls then he does.
By the way,off topic,just watched Pearl Harbor,
FDR had balls!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I watched the BBC interview -in fact here been on constant.
Gaddafi is certainly in denial-he says the protests are from outsiders drugged up by Al Quida.
Amazingly Gaddaffi has a good understanding of English and speaks it.
But the interview was broken up with ramblings in arabic-maybe for others present.
We saw Mubarak and Sadam also in denial...they did not go quietly when things were on top,but here is very different because in Sadam aqnd Mubaraks cases things ended with blood-but not on the scale thats anticipated here before its over.

Watch video of BBC interview here;

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

obama doesnt have balls hillary has more balls than he does

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Just being reported that Moscow has called for Gaddafi to go,comparing him to a "Living corpse"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Meanwhile RT are reporting on the US 6th fleet movements

rt.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Putin 25th.February 2011;

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has warned Western countries against attempts of meddling in the Arab world to try to impose democracy.
Speaking after talks with the EU leadership, he said that previous efforts along those lines had led to victories for governments the West is now fighting to contain.
Speaking after talks with the EU leadership, he said that previous efforts along those lines had led to victories for governments the West is now fighting to contain.

“I would like to go back in history a little bit. The former leader of the Iranian revolution – where did he live?! He lived in Paris and as a whole he was supported by the Western community. Now the entire Western community fights against the Iranian nuclear program,” Putin pointed out.

“I remember just recently our partners were very active in supporting democratic elections in the Palestinian autonomy. And Hamas won. And immediately they declared Hamas a terrorist organization and started fighting against it. We need to give people a chance to determine their future themselves. We need to give them an opportunity to take a natural way without any foreign interference to build their future,” he concluded.

President Medvedev 25th February

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has issued a harsh warning to the Libyan authorities urging Muammar Gaddafi to stop the brutal crackdown on anti-government protesters.

President Medvedev on Friday issued a special address dedicated to the Libyan unrest. It reads that Russia calls upon the Libyan authorities not to allow any further aggravation of the situation and destruction of the civilian population. Otherwise, the statement reads, such actions would be qualified as a crime with all consequences that could lead from it.

“Moscow is seriously worried by the events that are taking place in Libya,” the statement reads. “The deepest regret is caused by media reports about numerous casualties among civil population. Russia denounces the use of force against civilians sanctioned by the country’s authorities,” the presidential statement reads.

Further on, Dmitry Medvedev called upon the incumbent Libyan leadership and all responsible political figures to show restraint and not to allow further aggravation of the situation and the destruction of the civilian population.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

Thank you for the updates and opinions. Just to clarify in no way was I disrespecting the British Army. I see that I was not clear at all - my mistake. I actually was meaning Cameron and Clegg and the general shoddy response time and where they were and what they were doing.

Great read from the updates on from Russia.

Libyans stormed the Embassy today, they actually scaled the building, got the roof and changed the Flag!
It was amazing to watch!

(I saw it on TVone in Malta, not live - again stuck at work rather than being in the real world).

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Libya suspended from HR Council.Follows meeting in US.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
REPLY TO LestatG

Yes absolutely understood.
Obviously with SAS opps going on they are never going to give much away,and its fair to assume that the planning was going on for days.

edit on 1-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
For anyone interested and who did not see it,here is the link to the full 11 minute interview with Gaddafi and BBC reporter Jeremy Bowen.
It gives a little insight into Gaddafis state of mind and is actually quite staggering.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

For all we know, he might be telling the truth. This entire situation smells like fish to me. I reserved comments until now. Ron Paul mentioned that the CIA are in every country in the middle east stirring up a hornets nest causing uprisings and overthrowing governments. We know that the Zionists run our MSM and give very biased news that usually follow an agenda. All these revolutionary movements occurred not very long after Clinton had that massive meeting involving every ambassadors. Al-Qaeda I've always believed were a CIA front in the Muslim world spreading fundamentalist propaganda to further the Zionists agendas. I would rather let the ME deal with this problem because we the people in the West don't know WT* is really going on.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

For all we know, he might be telling the truth. This entire situation smells like fish to me. I reserved comments until now. Ron Paul mentioned that the CIA are in every country in the middle east stirring up a hornets nest causing uprisings and overthrowing governments. We know that the Zionists run our MSM and give very biased news that usually follow an agenda. All these revolutionary movements occurred not very long after Clinton had that massive meeting involving every ambassadors. Al-Qaeda I've always believed were a CIA front in the Muslim world spreading fundamentalist propaganda to further the Zionists agendas. I would rather let the ME deal with this problem because we the people in the West don't know WT* is really going on.

Very interesting comments,there may be some substance there,but do you believe that the CIA would be capable of instigating the uprisings across such a scale ?
Two things always seem to appear when these questions are asked-Israel interests,and Oil interests,both of which have long been seen as the hidden agendas.
But Russia and China appear to be supporting actions now-and these are not so easily fooled.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I found a quite interesting video which looks at some history behind the shaping of the ME by British Colonolists and later the US.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Was watching the news earlier to catch up with reports.
It seems Russia and France remain the most critical about any no fly zone being introduced.
I was speaking to a friend in Russia on Skype to see whats being reported there.
He told that lots of spin against Western involvement as usual.

After informing him of Russia's objections to the no fly zone he asked "So my country is happy to see Gaddafi bombing the people that is crazy"

After speaking to him,I was thinking why France had objections ?
Although to be honest it is no secret that the French are never near the front of the queue when others are asking for support-just always in FRONT of it when it is they who are doing the asking.

I then remembered this;

www.bbc.co.uk...

and this;

english.pravda.ru...

and the US is none too happy about things;

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured

I agree it all seems very fishy to me too, some things aren't adding up.

I just saw Gadhafi's son's recent interview on the news, he highlighted how there have been all these reports of the military firing on citizens but not one video or other proof of it, and all the people visibly doing the violence on the streets are gangs of mercs from outside Libya and are African, not Libyans.

It's also strange that the Gadhafi regime recently invited hundreds of outside journalists into the country to observe what is going down, not something a regime firing on it's people would do, and seing Gadhafi in with the crowds of normal people on the streets who were supporting him in Tripoli was strange, Gadhafi is a strange cookie to me and a lot of people in the west, but something behind the scenes seems to be going on, it's like it's been engeneered to push Gadhafi out, just a thought

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
UK Gov just annonced that they will be assisting with transporting stranded Egyptians on the Tunisian border,back to Egypt.
Initially 3 planes weill be chartered and expected to be able to move up to 6,000 in next couple of days.
First 2 of the planes are already on route to Tunisia.
Will post up link once it is available-this report just been announced live.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Oil prices continue to climb in the face of uncertainties;

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Meanwhile Israel is preparing for military operations.

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As more Gaddafi assets are being identified and frozen by countries across the world,some revelations about Gaddafis known assets have been revealed;

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Three dutch soldiers kept hostage trying to evac 2 dutch people

Three dutch soldiers kept hostage tryng to evac 2 dutch people. They where taken by the Libiën regime while trying to evac 2 dutch people. Ther helicopter was flying from the fregat HMS Tromp to the city of Sirte to pick up 2 people. This was Sunday but kept quiet from the media for the safety of the soldiers. The evacuees are taken to the dutch embassy.

www.nu.nl...

So what we Dutch gonna do for or men out there. I hope they shoot the whole libian regime down for or guys over there. But that means war??? Hopefully nothing will happening to or guys. Gadaffi is a madmen.

edit on 3-3-2011 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join