It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Dude, do you work for some foreign intelligence agency? Tell the world where all of our navy assets are in more detail if you would....I started this out as just teasing you about your breadth of info...but seriously...I could see some 3rd world head of intelligence chief (picture Basil Fawlty) reading your post and then smacking his flunky, (picture Manual from Barcelona) in the head for having to find out this info on ats.

I see you have gotten some flack from your posts....you are right, in my opinion, that we aren't going to D-day Tripoli...we don't need to...and it would be a huge huge huge mistake to do so.....a surgical strike on the crazy man holding a bright white umbrella, is all that is needed.....and unlike in Egypt, it doesn't matter if the missile has "made in the USA" printed on it.

I would spin it this way; "we didn't do it for regime change or to promote democracy...blah blah...we did it because we didn't do it back in 1930 something or other...." give the message that we are just taking out a Hitler type person before he kills millions or some believable large number.

I mean it is not a lie....this is a guy who is losing it fast and he needs to be stopped, sooner than later. Let China do it if they need the PR and are willing to take a little off our debt.

I digress and rant....hey, take care of yourself Mr. OP....don't be too Anderson Cooperish and get yourself in trouble.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I can't find a single creditable source for what the OP has stated. Anything in relation to this topic comes from websites such as this site and GLP along with one.. only one random yahoo link as a search result.

Edit: removed insult.
edit on 25-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Okay, everyone here in this thread... This is not a thread hj as it does deal directly within the subject matter of the OP's thread. So sorry if it may seem so...

This is my first post here on ATS, and as I have read these posts and the site quite frequently as of the last month or so, and especially on these "sociological upheaval crises" lately with Tunisia, Egypt etc...

These recent events unfolding in the middle east, finally led me to join ATS.

However, that may be, I believe that I can bring to this forum some valuable assessments with, both non-conventional and logical reasoning, since that is what I see here on this forum quite frequently, so I do believe what I am about to say I believe no one has said it before, after having read the threads here lately on the conflicts going on.

I may get some slack from the traditional populace for saying this, but here it goes anyways...

What IF, and yes, that is a what if... What IF what has been taking place is completely organized, and intentional and designed to take over the middle east from within...???

What IF these events are not "the people's" revolution but a precise layering out of "dominoes" so to speak and all they had to do was tip over the first one and the rest will fall in place of the other???

What IF these "regimes" (which by the way is a sensationalistic derogatory term used to describe really any group of politicians or form of government can be called a regime but I'll bet you have never heard of congress being called a regime have you??? It is always accompanied by a negative such as "totalitarian" or "fascist."

Yes, these leaders were not very good at "leading" their people, and they were definitely corrupt as numerous leaders have been and will continue to be all around the world. But I somehow believe that this is nothing new and I still believe there is something more that has initiated all of this unrest and "chaos."

With all of the advancements of coalesced "militaristic unity" with these naval vessels and countries, it seems to be quite fishy and I just haven't quite put my finger on it yet... And this time its not fish washing up on the shore...

edit on 24-2-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

Try reading the thread, there are many links, I did state (yet again) that I am posting what I have been told, I am in Malta - I can see the ships and have seen the planes.
Plus anything I have stated as confirmed has been backed up by sources mostly from the Times of Malta and Al Jazeera.

These are events happening now that are getting reported before the news leading to intelligent discussion - to call posters boneheads is very poor form.

Peace

And if GLP stands for that God production site, I have never even been on that site let alone quoted or linked from there, your post holds no credibility whatsoever.
edit on 25/2/2011 by LestatG because: Just woke up and felt a bit defensive!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Ok. You assume I visit GLP just because I mention it.. I only mentioned GLP because it was the second search result. Now for the good stuff.. Being you just said you can see the ship's with your own two eyes. Do us all a favor and take a picture. I am not the only one here claiming your story to have no credentials . I think you owe it to us who have posted and everyone else who has read this thread to show us some pictures. . Thanks!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

You are right one other poster claimed I was a troll, I responded and he didn't come back.
Again read the thread, I have taken some pics but only have an iPhone camera , plus other posters from Malta have also seen the ships and it's widely reported on all news channels???

Also nowhere did I mention that you visit GLP, you do know how to read I assume so utilise that skill rather than posting nonsense.

Back on topic I have no news that isn't already being covered on TV at the mo but it is early here and I havnt spoken with anyone yet.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Air movements from Malta on the 24th February. A mixture of military and civilian.

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

TJ

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

If you decide to post photos don't take any of your near-by surroundings or the hotel your staying at for obvious reasons. If you feel this will put your safety at risk then don't take any photos at all.

your on-site reports are ok with me. I just thought I would warn you. this is the Internet and your in a hot zone right now, be safe. if you plan to cross any border get those photos off your I-phone asap.

edit on 25-2-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Your trying way to hard to disprove other people and give credit to yourself. That's my issue now. I did read, most of what I read here on your thread is you being defensive. I see the planes, but they are not actual "war-planes" as stated. Some of them are, most of them are not as mostly personal jet's are shown. I disagree that "it's widely reported on all news channels???" If this was true, my search results would provide links to such news channels aside form the two you have provided. Please shut me up by posting something other then the planes from such news sources as BBC/CNN/MSNBC/FOX/CSPAN/... You choose.

Edit: What I'm saying is please show me something in relation to USA, Chinese, and American vessels that are in Libyan waters.
edit on 25-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the concern, however I feel it is still very safe here in Malta. The Libyans here are angry but peaceful and the majority of Maltese support them. Plus there is so much foreign military it's doubtful anything would happen here.

Malta has an extensive history of getting bombed to the hilt and invasions have been attempted but never succeeded!

The only reason I have not posted any pics because they are so bad. I will put them inthe media section so that they can be viewed but there is nothing but blackness and then lights.

I saw the French vessels on the bus and I have seen the cruise liners with evacuees from my balcony but did not take any pics of them. The other reports are coming via calls, texts and im.

I will ask xinobi666 if he has some good pics as his source works next to the air port for the pics of the ships I am sure there will be some on the Times of Malta site.

Most have now been deployed and are not here anymore. ( I suppose that's convenient for me)!

Just reporting what I see and if I hear anything credible.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Who am I trying to disproove?

And are you actually telling me to get in a boat to and sail into Libyan waters to get pictures??

I am not going to go through the news sites looking for links to pics, I'm on the way to work! However, I think that on page 3 or 4 someone has linked or quoted a source regarding the ships ( can't be certain though).

Plus the news all day yesterday was showing Navy at Bengazi a d Tripoli picking up evacuees's.
Not once did I say they were there for military action - they are there for evacuation.
Maybe that's where the confusion is -

Peace
edit on 25/2/2011 by LestatG because: Just a note that the poster to this reply has now edited his thread after my response

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

I'll rephrase.

Go to Google and provide me with a news article from a creditable source from news networks such as MSNBC/CNN/FOX/BBC/C-SPAN. You said they are all reporting on it...Why can't I find anything? I don't care what it pertains to as long as I see a creditable source that states "German Chinese and American vessels are in Libyan waters.". Some people here are not taking into account that any ship's that are there are for evacuations and are not there to intimidate anyone as some people have tried to pass around.
edit on 25-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: .

edit on 25-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: Sorry to the OP for my miscommunication .

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Zawyz. comreply to post by MITSwagger

Ok, I understand, I did state that it was hearsay but I understand your POV now. I still dont understand who I am trying to disprove though.

Sounds like a cop out but my boss is on the walk around so I will search for any links I can find - however last night on Sky news I was watching a British Navy ship in Tripoli evacuating people. Plus the sailors were reporting that it was fairly quite and that they had not witnessed any gunfire.

I will update and edit this post when (and if) I find a link.

Peace

Here is one, never heard of the site before though: Zawyz. com

And on Yahoo

looking for more now
edit on 25/2/2011 by LestatG because: Links

Here is another from The Times of Malta that shows the planes and states that HMS Cumberland is in Bengazi.

Obviously there will be no pics of anything in Libyan waters.

Hope this clarify's some issues.

Peace
edit on 25/2/2011 by LestatG because: Times Of Malta link

Also its not my concern that people 'think' that they are there for military purposes as nowhere in this thread I or any other poster has suggested that is definetley the case. If people read the thread and the links they can make there own informed decision.

I am not posting on here to sway opinion or to be alarmist - just reporting on what I see and hear.

If you see or hear something different then post it.
edit on 25/2/2011 by LestatG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Thank you. S+F

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

No problem, apologies for being a little defensive at first it was 6 in the morning and before my coffee, maybe not a good enough excuse though.
Now I see when someone acts with all the integrity they can and it gets questioned, and rightfully so too, how it feels. 

Glad that the links help and thanks.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Found this in the Times of Malta, there do seem to be a fair number of people who need to get out of Libya
Times of Malta

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hi! I have been very close to the runway at Luqa airport this morning and i can tell you that i have seen an RAF Hercules taking off and another one on the runway quite close to where i was standing. Tried to see the 2 mirage fighters but i couldn't see them from where i was . Also there are 2 German military ships in the Valletta port.
www.timesofmalta.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't think any thing will happen here in Malta, and I don't think Libya likes us a lot at the moment, the Maltese government is backing preparations for anti Gaddafi Sanctions and we are helping in evacuation of people from Libya and also helping military forces from our port and air port. Libyan authorities want their mirages back. But I think the man has much more to worry about now and he wont be in power for much longer. We will see how it goes.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
What we are worried about is the huge number of migrants (legal and not) arriving on our shores by the hundreds or possibly thousands (lampedusa got about 5000 in a week) . We cannot keep them here. There is no space for them . We already have quite a few problems with how some of them behave.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xinobi666

Thanks for the updates and info xinobi, very good. This does seem like an awfully small place to be putting thousands of refugees/evacuees but, when you need a nieghbour...

Here is another pic of a war ship, War ships enter Malta

ps for those who dont know Malta I live in the place right behind the ship on the (almost) island of Senglea/Isla

Peace and lets hope the worst has past!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join