It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live now: German, Chinese and American vessels in Libyan waters.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Thanks for the update Lestat.

I don't think NATO will go in with force on the ground.

I do think that many nations will support the creation and recognition of an opposition government and support it with humanitarian aid and arms.

The British today revoked Gaddafi's diplomatic immunity. That is a huge step and measure to take against someone. It shows they do not consider him a head of state anymore.

Diplomatic Immunity Revoked for Gaddafi and Family

As for the no fly zone, If Gaddafi uses his Air Force again to bomb protesters, I think the UN will ask NATO to enforce one.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
News reporting superficial damage to one of the C-130s from small arms fire on the latest rescue today. No casualties.

www.bbc.co.uk...

TJ

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Looks to me as if the Brits got the balls on this one.

Well done and I hope you keep pulling them all out. Meanwhile, the US President will just watch and say whatever the teleprompter tells him to say.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The UN wont do #, because in the end most of the UN are made out of dictators who couldn't care a # about innocent democracy protesters. The UN is known for its blue helmeters not doing anything good, and matter of fact making things worse IE UN peace keepers raping woman, and young girls/putting them into sexual slavery in recent events in Africa.

There are no aircraft carriers or such things in the Mid. because of the pullback of ships which happened because of Obama's/Bush's policies. Then there's the monetary issue of the soldiers pensions.....

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
In relation to the British being 'on it', I think they are just making up for the fact that they got criticised for not doing enough sooner for the evacuees. Saw many reports on the news about it and the fact that why was the deputy PM was on a skiing holiday while the PM was out the of the country.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
we all know that war is just around the corner we just have been sheilding our eyes

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
we all know that war is just around the corner we just have been sheilding our eyes

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
In relation to the British being 'on it', I think they are just making up for the fact that they got criticised for not doing enough sooner for the evacuees. Saw many reports on the news about it and the fact that why was the deputy PM was on a skiing holiday while the PM was out the of the country.

Its probably not that easy to organise an SAS led rescue mission. If you read the story you will see they had to disguise themselves as businessmen and recover arms from the embassy. After that they travelled the country gathering workers and securing landing strips. Obviously it looked like nothing was happening when in fact the SAS (the worlds best elite force) were saving hundreds of people, and not just britons by the way!

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
hey guys! looks like the info i got about British special forces was correct. They even went on a second mission. This is them landing in Malta . They had no authorization to enter Libyan air space but they went ahead and saved people anyway! great job!
www.timesofmalta.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Was just watching Cameron in House of Commons.
He wants to work with others to agree to a no fly zone.
He has also refused to rule out use of military action to force Gaddafi out.
In his commons speech he referred to this as "Military Assets"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xinobi666

Yes there were only 20+ Brits in latest rescue...the other 180+ were foreigners.

edit on 28-2-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They just reporting on BBC here that Jeremy Bowen (BBC Reporter) has interviewed Gadaff today and Gadaffi refuses to recognise the protesters as legitimate.
BBC are waiting for the interview to be transmitted over and said will show it soon.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Syrian leaders have today denied 2 Irainian warships visiting the region have any hostile intent

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
US are moving ships closer to Libya in case they are needed.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Seperately its just been revealed that the US have frozen $30 billion of Libyan assets.
This follows cthe UK doing the same.
UK has also banned exports of new Libyan banknotes and blocked a request to release £900 m worth of Libyan Dinas.
Libyan bank notes are printed in the UK.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ah what the hell are we waiting for? why dont we just send the boyz in now and blow the crap out of them.
We should do operation Shock and Awe and blow Gadafi into pieces..

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hearing about this i had a bad thought that came across me. Ok, now china has made deals with iran for oil. U.S.A backs ISREAL. what if iran or isreal strike at one another. what will china do to protect it's new friend that gives out oil there or what will the usa do to protect isreal? What will the egyptians do to the canal?The area there is quite hot and in turmoil and if the suez canal gets taken over. I believe that someone will have to do something to protect the ships that go thru there. That in itself is a huge problem, not to mention all cramped in the canal. IF ONE SHIP, JUST ONE SHIP got sank in the area all others would stop and everyones shipments would hault right there. WOW, This is pure chaos waiting to happen, no wonder everyone moving out of the way. who knows what psycho ghadafi has up his sleeve. When the shtf, i wonder if his ninja girlscouts will protect him. A meltdown of powers could possibly lead to an economic backlass that the U.S.A would have a hard time dealing with, without the suez canal. That area is so unstable right now and could go any day. egyptians,ghadafi,saudi, isreal,iran, The whole kabooot. This could lead to countries bickering over financial reasons. We already have enough crud to deal with and with this to boot.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Even China has her hardware there 4,000 ton missile frigate Xuzhou,diverted from anti Pirate duties in Arden.

www.seanews.com.tr...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by heydude
hearing about this i had a bad thought that came across me. Ok, now china has made deals with iran for oil. U.S.A backs ISREAL. what if iran or isreal strike at one another. what will china do to protect it's new friend that gives out oil there or what will the usa do to protect isreal? What will the egyptians do to the canal?The area there is quite hot and in turmoil and if the suez canal gets taken over. I believe that someone will have to do something to protect the ships that go thru there. That in itself is a huge problem, not to mention all cramped in the canal. IF ONE SHIP, JUST ONE SHIP got sank in the area all others would stop and everyones shipments would hault right there. WOW, This is pure chaos waiting to happen, no wonder everyone moving out of the way. who knows what psycho ghadafi has up his sleeve. When the shtf, i wonder if his ninja girlscouts will protect him. A meltdown of powers could possibly lead to an economic backlass that the U.S.A would have a hard time dealing with, without the suez canal. That area is so unstable right now and could go any day. egyptians,ghadafi,saudi, isreal,iran, The whole kabooot. This could lead to countries bickering over financial reasons. We already have enough crud to deal with and with this to boot.

With so much going on its impossible to work out-but we can probably narrow things down to a few possible scenarios.
Russia also has a naval base in the region-so far aside from Putin saying that the West should stay well away,he has said little else but you can bet the phones are red hot in the Kremlin.
The worrries as regards the suez began even before Libyan crisis-it was when the Egyptian revolts started.
There was a lot of so called contingency plans put into place then-with the US fleet put on notice.
The Iranian ships turning up threw a spanner in the works-especially since they refuse to say how long they will be there.
Everything hindges on how long it takes to remove Gaddafi.
There are some calling for outside intervention whilst other Countries will see it as the West imposing their will with accusations that we are after their Oil-a remark made by Gadaffi-but widely held view of those who made the same claims at the time of the Iraq troubles.
Its difficult to even try to think how this can pan out.....theres more twists every day.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

I came on ATS to report the same:

U.S. Readies Military Options on Libya

NY Times

The United States began moving warships toward Libya and froze $30 billion in the country’s assets on Monday as the administration declared all options on the table in its diplomatic, economic and military campaign to drive Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi from power.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well does anyone think that Russia and China will stand by and see the US take any action under the guise of freedoms ?
They will be taking on more than they can chew here because we are not talking of one country but a whole region.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join