It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judgment Day: May 21, 2011.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Indeed, if anything I'd say Filipinos are more likely to be saved by "God" than Americans due to their seemingly more dedicated and pure lifestyles and faith

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

They had a rate increase!

I bet they are raking it in hand over fist. And how can one be sure they will follow through? I suppose there would be no complaints to the BBB if their service is less than stellar.

I also thought "All dogs go to Heaven".... huh.

OT... I agree that no one will know. I might even go so far as to say that since it has been predicted for this date, then it is almost definite it will not occur. Just MHO though.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I predicted a Zombie outbreak starting in mid May, maybe that there rapture the rising of Jesus is a zombie.
King of the zombies, make for a great movie the debt of jesus not really judgement more like the sentencing and keeping the oldest lie alive imagine the panic as zobies invade the outdoors church, make it in all white the tent benches flowers as blood is splashed every where, like hell hounds riping and tearing out chunks of flesh, as the rapture is fulfilled lots of fly's so the tent has a moving black wave of flies.

I wonder if I would look out of place in my zombie gear, I should change the gear to all white and carry a stainless steel shotgun with a white stock be like the sister's from dawn of war, My mission to save all the virgins Have a nice engraving "rapture" on the barrel of the gun. Have to get the part of the role play just right. I can play father Ezekiel weilding a hash insense burner blessing the dissidents of God.
Sorry I got off topic was getting in the moment

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thats Harold Campings Ministry. he has already missed the end of the world 2 times already. I use to believe all this stuff until I got a brain. I use to listen to him. he is a pretty good preacher though. Not like most of them, out for your money..he even wrote a book with one of the failed dates on it....So, don't worry your pretty little heads over this....lol....
Title of his last Book :"1994: The Year of Christ's Return?"
edit on 23-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I befriended an old man that comes into my work a couple weeks ago. At first I wasn`t sure about him because he would make comments like, Ìf you wear mens pants, you are going to hell!` But.. the other day he surprised me by saying that he predicted the world is going to end October 2013. Obviously I asked him to elaborate..

He said that nuclear warfare is going to be at a high, like.. everyone just trying to get everyone else back all at once. And that the impact of it all on the Earth at once is supposed to stop the world from turning for three days. Therefore, no gravity. He said that is `the ascention`. (no gravity holding us down.. therefore we are àscending`) He told me that young children and old folks are supposed to `fall into a sleep` for those three days. We all have to be forgiven of our sins and hopefully a purity is supposed to come out of it.

He`s an 83 year old Christian.

I don`t believe in God.. so I never really gave àscention` a second thought. But to refer to it as lack of gravity really makes me think. Never thought of it that way before!!

I kind of get caught up in the 2012 hype.. but this was interesting to hear. Everyone has their own dates to when `the end` is supposed to happen..

I guess we`ll just have to wait and see!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I wonder what Geroge Carlin would say about all this.

being that religion is BS, and i agree with him... you can witness all the mayhem and controversy it sparks up from good intentions via mythical lies....

and this May 21 due date.... more accurate than the big one rockin California....

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
okay i havent read thru all the comments here, but with this assumption you are giving a date that not all of the planet is experiencing at the same time...at least for very long. people living near the international date line would have only an hour or so of being in the same day as someone on the other side. where it just turned 11pm in one place it just turned to 12am the next day in another...ive always thought of this in these doomsday scenarios...how some people on earth wont be in the same day as everyone else, so how could it happen that day? seems to be a flaw in the prophecy design to me

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm a Christian. I know my bible. And, nowhere in there does it say when judgement day is going to happen.

So, how the bloody hell would these people know?

Answer: They wouldn't.

Between this and 2012. I somehow believe people are getting more and more gullible every day. I won't be selling my worldly possessions on May 20th. Nor, be jumping off of buildings on the 21st thinking God is gonna rapture me up into the air, a la the seventh day Adventists in the 1800s.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Something to ask is whether or not an organization as famous and "powerful" as this one (in the sense that they had a lot of money and followers) can be found in history committing the same folly, where they put all their resources and their reputation on the line to warn the masses about a coming "judgement day", specifically a Christian oriented group or church. I'm not talking about the mass suicide type of cults, I mean mainstream pop Churches. If so, then you know this is just a replay of past events. But that does not mean that their underlying message about changing your ways should be ignored.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
these deadlines are created by TPTB. One after another to keep the population on the edge. 2012 dec 21st 11:11am will come around and then it will be March 2013, then the 2017 deadline. All to keep the chaos going so people would not organize and figure out what the heck is going on.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I'm in California right now, and I saw that exact same advertisement on a billboard somewhere by the LAX airport.

Seeing as it was within half an hour of landing in the US, my classical stereotypical programming just gave a few chuckles and thought "typical southern-american bible-thumping doomsday screamers"

It is kind of ironic however that the advertisement comes from "family" radio.
Real "family" type of topic-
"Hey kids, the world's going to end in a couple of months, better stop fighting or Jesus might send you to hell!"

I do live in the bible belt, but you can't blame this one on us.
Harold Camping's radio station is based in California. Hardly close to the south.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
well there's always NLE 2011 FEMA is running down in the New Madrid around May

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grindhouzer
From the looks of the graphics we see the earth, space with big red stars and another planet looking star, and an hourglass running out of time hanging over the earth?

Nibiru? may 21st?

Wierd graphic for a bus, but seems as tho the religious powers that be, are preparing for somthing astrological

edit on 23-2-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

the 'big red stars' are obviously the brake lights

edit on 23-2-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

i dont see red stars...i see rain drops on a windscreen having the break lights of the truck shining through. i dont see another star like planet near earth..its just a yellow star shaped pattern used to encase a slogan.

also..im pretty sure that whoever that truck belongs to CERTAINLY does NOT know when the end of the world will be and the bible DOES NOT give a date either!!!!!

id say this is some religious nuts wrongly interpreting the bible and making up their own meanings to things.

ive said this in another thread today.....

screw religion theres no such thing as god!!! science & mathematics FTW!!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonninja

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
I bet on the other side of the truck they ask for $25 and all will be revealed, see in my experience these cranked up christian bible thumpers like to spread fear & promise to save you for a fee. Fear not, in June we will all still be here

no they do not want any money, as a matter of fact they are spending an enormous amount of their own money
to make billboards and banners all over the united states with their message

and the part about still being here in june.... will be a bad thing
edit on 23-2-2011 by crimsonninja because: (no reason given)

who cares whos money they spend...the sooner they realise their imaginary friend in the sky doesnt exist the better the whole world will be.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

A different site stating this date, says that Jesus will come here on May, 21, but the world isn't going to end until Oct. 21.

Well if I'm left behind I won't mind as long as they leave the guys at Bethesda Softworks behind with me so they can still release Elder Scrolls 5! Too many good games coming this year!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by dadfortruth1

they believe the rapture will take place, and they truly believe it! they are spending loads of cash to warn people
really makes you wander.

yeah ur right it makes u wonder....just how infinate human stupidity is.

it makes me wonder how much better the world will be without religion

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
reply to post by crimsonninja

Yeah. It makes me wonder too...

...makes me wonder how much crack they've been smoking?

must be hard keeping up with a crack addiction and paying for and having signs put up everywhere
just look at the world at the moment and try to fit the rapture prediction into the current timeline it doesn't
at all strike you as a slight possibility ?

nothing in religion strikes me as at all possible...its sad they spend so much money on these signs and warning people...they are going to be so screwed on may 22nd when they're broke and their faith is shattered

on the bright side...those who lose faith on may 22nd might actually start try do something to help the world like invent something useful instead of preaching this fictional crap

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Went to the site and looked for the proof they offer.

The calculations for the number of days looked as thought someone put in a little thought and a lot of work.

However, I seem to remember reading about the calender we currently use is not the same as the one used in years past.

Didn't they, "the-power-that-be" change the dates on the calender, I think twice, because of them not falling in the "right places".

I do remember George Washington's birthday being involved some how. I say this because the last change was that recent.

I know someone will be more than happy to correct my error, if that be the case.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by BrokenCircles

it is not to late to get saved, and even if you are not raptured you still have a chance

dam i just been replyin to a bunch of ur other posts...i should have just read this one first would have only needed 1 reply..........

your insane

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

reply to post by dadfortruth1

they believe the rapture will take place, and they truly believe it! they are spending loads of cash to warn people
really makes you wander.

yeah ur right it makes u wonder....just how infinate human stupidity is.

it makes me wonder how much better the world will be without religion

Well if eliminating religion would mean eliminating humanity...than I would say pretty damn peaceful.

So how would you possible assume the world would be better? We could all be slaves to apes for all you know.

Now back to the topic, I think this is just a gimmick to promote the show. I wonder what everyone will think of the show when the world doesn't end.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join