It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judgment Day: May 21, 2011.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Religion, the ultimate LARP.

Magic missles or burning bushes, Resurrection spells or second comings.

Take your pick.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

You drink RedBull?

I don´t like RedBull, don´t understand the flavor!

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It will just be another day to make all those who use prophecy to gain attention, look like idiots.

No one will ever be able to predict if, or when, the world ends.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Well, I'm very open minded but there are two statements from their website re: this date that need more elaboration and proof before one can even consider this as prophetic.

1) "By careful study of the Bible we learn that in the year 4990 B.C. (Before Christ) God brought a flood of water and destroyed the entire earth except for eight people and the animals that were with them."

2) "The Holy Bible tells us that on the 17th day of the 2nd month of that year God shut the door of the ark. Then, the Flood began to completely cover the entire earth."

How did they come up with these dates, as it is the cornerstones of the proof of their predictions. I've never heard this before.

edit on 24-2-2011 by iggy50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

is there some kind of information floating around out there that's conspiracy-related that might be associated with this particular day?

I don't think so. This whole May 21st thing started last year thanks to one Harold Camping. He has a tendency to pop his head out every now and then with an end of the world prediction. I don't think I need to really mention how they turn out.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
reply to post by DarthPhobos

It is this guy that's a pastor, and he has given this date for the end to come. No one can set a date on what the bible predicts. And really when that day comes will it truly be the end, I don't think so. What it will be is things will change from the way it is now, and I don't think it will be good. The signs are everywhere, with what is taking place in the middle east, that alone is the most important focal point. Than we have the fall of the Republic which is also happening. What we have is fascism, totalitarianism, false religion, and more wars, and ultimately a final and almost complete annihilation of mankind coming. Sorry, but you asked.
There is hope though, if you want it.

Ezekiel 33:1-7 (New King James Version)

The Watchman and His Message
1 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and say to them: ‘When I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from their territory and make him their watchman, 3 when he sees the sword coming upon the land, if he blows the trumpet and warns the people, 4 then whoever hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, if the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be on his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, but did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But he who takes warning will save his life. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.’
7 “So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.

The interpretation above, is for those who have faith in God and Christ and maybe to wake up the few that are willing to believe. That we are to keep watch on what is taking place on the Earth today, and to warn the people that the time is near for the return of Christ to this world that has chosen evil over God.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ah, people are funny thinking that they can set a schedule for the workings of God.

May, 22 will be quite a shock for them. Then again, maybe that is the day they will be judged.

Here is a Judgement Day warning you can believe in. Judge yourselves!

Final Warning

Notice the date??

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iggy50

How did they come up with these dates, as it is the cornerstones of the proof of their predictions. I've never heard this before.

The 4990 BC year can be reached by taking the genealogies in Genesis at face value and just adding the numbers up. The date that the ark's door was closed is mentioned in Genesis 7:11-13.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

yeah...ok...I can't put my finger on it...but my SPIDER-SENSE has been going crAzy lately...I gotta admit..i'm a little freaked

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by iggy50

The 4990 BC year can be reached by taking the genealogies in Genesis at face value and just adding the numbers up. The date that the ark's door was closed is mentioned in Genesis 7:11-13.

How does his age determine the year that he was around? I'm with Iggy on this one. The "carefully studied" dates are just bad guesses.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I see this doing no good to the religious folk or the Bible itself.
'the Bible guarantees it'? pffft

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Ah, people are funny thinking that they can set a schedule for the workings of God.

May, 22 will be quite a shock for them. Then again, maybe that is the day they will be judged.

Here is a Judgement Day warning you can believe in. Judge yourselves!

Final Warning

Notice the date??

Judge not, Love all, be at peace.

With Love,

Your Brother

Hello again, why didn't you post that Final Warning link in the other thread that we were on? It is very good and just about says it all.To rate this I have to give it a 97 percent rating.
But, yes there is a but, but this time with a smile. How come you don't give credit or attention to the Son of God?
And, you know that there is only one I AM He said it in Exodus 3:13-15.
So tell me in simple terms, why?
Your making some think that your some E.T. or who knows what with this I am name, don't let them continue to go off not really knowing.
edit on 24-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: to make a change

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawaii50th
Hello again, why didn't you post that Final Warning link in the other thread that we were on? It is very good and just about says it all.To rate this I have to give it a 97 percent rating.
But, yes there is a but, but this time with a smile. How come you don't give credit or attention to the Son of God?
Your making some think that your some E.T. or who knows what with this I am name, don't let them continue to go off not really knowing.

When Christ healed the sick, did he tell them to run out and proclaim his name?
When Christ gave the blind sight, did he tell them to run out and proclaim his name?
When Christ raised the dead, did he tell them to run out and proclaim his name?

I figured people would know the voice of the one who sent me.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Noah Knew....That's what this big billboard says on my drive to work. NOAH KNEW...WE CAN KNOW. That's all it says.

This might give you more info on the group doing this. I don't know the policy on posting links so just do a search on "NOAH KNEW billboards" or go to WE CAN KNOW dotcom.

Check out the pictures link on the site (right hand side) Same May 21 stuff with a lot of pics of billboards all over the country and world. I think they are some kind of missionaries.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

May 21, 2011 - The day the zombie apocalypse happens.

Be prepared LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

When Christ healed the sick, did he tell them to run out and proclaim his name?
When Christ gave the blind sight, did he tell them to run out and proclaim his name?
When Christ raised the dead, did he tell them to run out and proclaim his name?

I figured people would know the voice of the one who sent me.

With Love,

Your Brother

So what your saying is, your the Christ the Son of God?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The bible clearly states NO ONE will know the day or the hour so I am not buying the cash for gold. It does tell of things to watch for and I believe the time is at hand but, to pinpoint a certain day I think is over reaching a bit and they may be reprimanded at the gates for their fear mongering... PEACE

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I love it how you all speak in these highly spiritual overtones and call each other "Brother" and whatnot. It really is a crackup. Are you guys part of some cult? I like ATS but EVERY SINGLE doomsday prediction has just been an absolute paranoid nutjob religious fanatic rant. None of them have come true so far, and I doubt any of them will because you CANNOT predict when the end of the world will happen. And do you think God would really let everyone know the date beforehand? NO! He wouldn't even put it in the Bible, not even in some ridiculously complex coding. Come on, he's a bit smarter than that. Credit the man/deity with some f*cking intelligence! On May 21st I'm going to sit back and laugh at you all, and hey, I'll probably do the same every time I see a reply popping up in this thread. You are all so eager for the end of the world, or for the NWO to take control or whatnot, because put simply - your lives are so boring that you spend a large chunk of your time posting piddly predictions in a conspiracy theory forum. Seriously guys, grow up. Why not talk about something real for a change?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So what your saying is, your the Christ the Son of God?

I did not say that.

I am A Son of God.
I am A Son of Man.

I AM

So are you if you can see my words are true.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

It also says that believers won't be caught off guard, so what about that?

I mean if you're into that whole Bible thing, might as well read it all.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join