It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

If you are interested in "Ouija" boards

page: 4
6
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I used to sit in a circle and train as a medium with an accomplished medium friend. So fear in this has no part for me, but to use it demands a lot of respect. Play with it if you will but you will have no control over what comes to you and you cannot always ask it to leave. I known people to end up quite paranoid after using the board.




posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My first experience with Ouija, it was not even a board, but letters/digits and so on laid out on a table, taught me a lot.

I was at that time 20 and invited by a female classmate to join a session with her sister. So I took my best friend and we visited the girls one evening. Everything was prepared. The table with all letter, digits, yes/no and some candle light. Well I didn't expect anything or had any fear. I was probably not even really interested.

So we putted all our fingertips on the glass and the girls tried to get in touch with her long time passed away grandmother. They asked for the ghost to come and the questions "Are you here?" let to my surprise move the glass to "Yes". To be sure that’s granny, they thought lets ask for the dogs name. The glass went to the letter H - U - P - S - I. I was with my thoughts already somewhere else and didn't consciously notice the letters (Maybe it the pants of my hot classmate?). Both girls were clueless: "Thats not the dogs name!". Then they pronounced it "Hupsi" and it caused my immediate attention. That was the stupid name of the dog we had, when my already passed away grandmother was alive. We had a very very close relationship. The girls couldn't know, as they stayed 50 KM away from my place and we just new a couple of weeks. The dog died shortly after my grandmother.

My heart was pounding and it all felt unreal. Today I question myself, why I haven't asked certain questions. We spent quite some time with Ouija. All was very positive. But the question whether its good or not, we got the ansnwere "No". The question why was replied with L-U-C-I-F-E-R. Nothing bad happened after that, what I could assign to that. But my life turned for the next 10 years into a story of bad luck after bad luck. Lost job due to bankruptcy 3 times. Two more family members died and the remaining one was so sick, that it was a matter of time until he would die.

So whats the conclusion? Is it real? In my opinoin yes! Is it dangerous? I am not sure, but could be.



posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91
 


I.d like to give one ago but I feel its messing in things I really have no idea or clues as to wot comes out an how to put it back!so on that note my curiosity will have to remain,I'm not big enough or brave enough to give it ago



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
it is a board game. to think it has any magical powers is just loony.



posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by Violater1
 



It opens up a demonic door for evil to crawl in through.


Do you have any evidence of this spectacular claim that you can present?


I f you don't believe him, go ask a satanist,they could give you plenty of proof, they have no problems admitting to this



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This story was told to me by both of my sisters, at different times, asking me not to tell the other that I was told.
They are steadfast in their storys.
I have three sisters, two of which played multiple times with a ouija board (parker bros variety). They had an interesting occurance on several occasions. Once, someone claiming to be "mary" with our same last name claiming she died on a ship. A second said it was "devil" (or something to that nature, its been awhile since I've spoken to them about it). They quickly put the board away and never touched it again.
For the remainder of our time at that house, both of my sisters had occasions (seperately and not shared until YEARS later) in which they were whispered/called to, by name, from a back room of the house, while doing dishes alone at night. This room had a door leading outside that was never used and kept locked; this door slammed on several occasions, the noise heard by several witnesses (two different house keepers) at different times. Papers were always blown around the room as if a HUGE gust of wind came through the door, after the door slam.
After moving, my third sister moved in while the house was on the market for temporary reasons. While there, she too heard that door slam. Her dog was constantly freaked out and had to be housed elsewhere for the time.

The question I'm posing to the ATS community:
I've always wandered about this, being as I never felt alone in that house (but never having any interaction w/ spirits per say), and these stories told to me long after moving. I wonder if the house is still haunted. I've almost stopped to knock on the door several times to ask if anything funny is still going on. Should I?



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
While different, the Ouija thing reminds me of dowsing.
Like with a pendelum. Granted I don't know much about dowsing.
But I have seen it used(online) as a way to get answers.
Not sure if it's intent it to contact some "other" force, or just your own inner force(energy).

Has anyone used pendulum dowsing in a way similar to how the Ouija is used?



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If your gonna use the board. Use it with 2 or more people. Just because you use a board, it doesn't mean that anything will come and immediately talk to you. Its like ghost hunters. They go out to hunt and seek out ghost. They hope to catch pictures, vidoes, evps of ghost when they go to these haunted sites. The ghost does not automatically come to them because they have a camera and equipment. The same is with the ouija board. Just because you have a board and call them, that doesn't mean that they will come willingly to talk to you. That's why you should try different locations and try with many different people.

People have spirits around them and the more people you do it with the more likely you will get communication. Also, try doing it at a haunted place or place with known "ghost" activity. More chances for some action there. Also, when you've felt like you've established communication remove the planchette from the board and place a penny on the board instead. You can ask whatever your talking to, to move the penny for yes and no questions. Your hands don't need to be touching the board. If it works, you've established real contact and also disprove the ideomotor effect. Just keep trying it. You don't always get a response on the first, 2nd or 3rd try.

Also, some people have also tried it blindfolded and it still worked spelling out coherent words and phrases. The thing with this though is that skeptics will still look for another explanation as to why the "board" is working. Spirit communication is not logical to skeptics and they will never accept it so the blindfold experiment in my opinion is a cheap excuse for not accepting the existence of spirits.



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicslop
This story was told to me by both of my sisters, at different times, asking me not to tell the other that I was told.
They are steadfast in their storys.
I have three sisters, two of which played multiple times with a ouija board (parker bros variety). They had an interesting occurance on several occasions. Once, someone claiming to be "mary" with our same last name claiming she died on a ship. A second said it was "devil" (or something to that nature, its been awhile since I've spoken to them about it). They quickly put the board away and never touched it again.
For the remainder of our time at that house, both of my sisters had occasions (seperately and not shared until YEARS later) in which they were whispered/called to, by name, from a back room of the house, while doing dishes alone at night. This room had a door leading outside that was never used and kept locked; this door slammed on several occasions, the noise heard by several witnesses (two different house keepers) at different times. Papers were always blown around the room as if a HUGE gust of wind came through the door, after the door slam.
After moving, my third sister moved in while the house was on the market for temporary reasons. While there, she too heard that door slam. Her dog was constantly freaked out and had to be housed elsewhere for the time.

The question I'm posing to the ATS community:
I've always wandered about this, being as I never felt alone in that house (but never having any interaction w/ spirits per say), and these stories told to me long after moving. I wonder if the house is still haunted. I've almost stopped to knock on the door several times to ask if anything funny is still going on. Should I?



If what you say is true, that house would be a perfect spot to set up a ouija session. It already has activity so it would be a good place to start. You should go back to the house with a ouija board and some friends. Videotape the session and see what happens. Maybe you can take some skeptics on this board with you. You already have 1 ingredient for a successfull ouija session, a live (ghost activity) location.



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This is anicdotal, personally i dont believe a glass can move around on its one but i have never seen it, years ago my mother took park in a ouija board session, questions were asked and at one point someone saw a horrible face in the window that absolutely terrified them), in the meantime the glass was spinning around on the table with three peoples fingers on it, it then rose in the air and smashed. As i said i am very cynical about these things, but my mum told me this happened and i dont see why she would lie.



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Is everybody serious? It seems like many folks in here that have used a ouiji board are reporting paranormal experiences. My parents had a ouiji board and I used it several times growing up with many different friends, and nothing. It's a game people.... Not a real phone line to the spirits. Proof of aworking ouiji board would automatically prove that god exists. It would be huuuuuuuje news.

If it was such an often occurence don't you think that one of these paranormal shows would do an episode and prove it. The proof would then cause millions to run out and buy the game to speak to loved ones. All o you have been pranked by the buddies you were playing with. That guy who is offering money for proof of the paranormal is ready to make you rich. If your game works then go get yer money.



posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't believe Ouija boards have any power. They are mass produced wood byproducts (if they're even wood anymore ... probably a cancer-causing plastic conglomeration) stamped with ink. At what point in its manufacturing process is the board endowed with special powers and where else in the world can one see examples of this sort of power? I'm been on the planet for several decades and I have never seen it. Anywhere.

They're made in the same factories that produce Monopoly, Risk, Stratego, chess and checker sets, whatever. Why? Because it's a toy. Just like a Crazy 8 Ball.

I believe it's childish beyond belief to believe any power can be associated with a Ouija board or a spirit via a Ouija board. It's akin to believing in fortune tellers ... the epitome of mechanisms for separating fools from their money.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Chief
 


SNAPS, bigchief! I like your style. That's an afimative, I take it. That would be very interesting and mucho fun.



posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IllMannered
Is everybody serious? It seems like many folks in here that have used a ouiji board are reporting paranormal experiences. My parents had a ouiji board and I used it several times growing up with many different friends, and nothing. It's a game people.... Not a real phone line to the spirits. Proof of aworking ouiji board would automatically prove that god exists. It would be huuuuuuuje news.

If it was such an often occurence don't you think that one of these paranormal shows would do an episode and prove it. The proof would then cause millions to run out and buy the game to speak to loved ones. All o you have been pranked by the buddies you were playing with. That guy who is offering money for proof of the paranormal is ready to make you rich. If your game works then go get yer money.


So because you and some friends used it and it never works, your experiences counts for the 1000's or millions of peoples/cultures that have used it (devices to contact spirits) to divine? That's akin to saying that you and your friends have driven home drunk multiple times and have yet to get into a car accident. Does that mean that people who drive drunk are lying about being in a car accident? Same situation. For you to say the "ouija board" is fake you would have to go to every session that's happened around the world and examine the situation. Just because you and your friends couldn't get it to work, doesn't mean that its fake. You just couldn't draw interest in anything to communicate with you.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Big Chief because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Chief
 


Actually, that analogy doesn't work here. There is proof of accidents from drunk driving, no proof of a working ouiji board though. I just really think that every single person reporting paranormal experiences From a board (yes every single person) is either lying or is just so scared at the moment they see things that aren't there. Movies aren't real life folks.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IllMannered
reply to post by Big Chief
 


Actually, that analogy doesn't work here. There is proof of accidents from drunk driving, no proof of a working ouiji board though. I just really think that every single person reporting paranormal experiences From a board (yes every single person) is either lying or is just so scared at the moment they see things that aren't there. Movies aren't real life folks.


All the proof that can be offered to you is personal experience. I own one. My experiences vary with different people who use the board with me. My partner and I are the main users of the board, however we don't use it very often because it drains our energy and makes us very tired and sore after using it.

A few years ago, my partner quit his job (underground coal miner) and we decided to use the ouija board for some career guidance. He asked "should I go back there" and the reply we got was "no, there will be cave ins at that particular mine". Three months or so later, there were a few cave ins at the mine site he was working it. Nobody was killed thankfully, but who knows how lucky my partner would have been if he'd have gone back.



posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I use my Ouija board lots, like another poster said it does take some energy. I don't know whether it is a spirit or some kind of psychic ability I have and can only utilize it through a board, fact is I don't care. It has told me things that have happened, I have done sessions for my friends it has told them things that came about. I have fun using mine so that is all that matters to me



posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've screwed around with Ouija boards in alot of ways.

Not once have I invoked some "evil" spirit nestled between their cardboard fiber and and toxic Chinese plastics.

They couldn't tell me my name, what day it is ect ect. So there is no reason to rely on them for anything else.


The most important thing to remember when using one is that its nothing more than a toy, its just for fun.



posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Please, don't.
Just don't.

Ouiga boards are awful.
I know from experience.

Everyone please just stay away from these things.
For your own good.



new topics




 
6
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join