It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are interested in "Ouija" boards

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The fear of Ouija boards and how to overcome it

Timeline Of Common 'Belief' And Seat Of Our Fear Before the Ouija Board was invented, for guidance or assurance, those in need of consultation from the spirit realms usually visited a seer or, before then, a witch. What was once a common and everyday practice soon became outlawed and was driven underground due to the ever growing control of Catholicism. The Catholic religion was - and still is - the spiritual arm of the might of Rome back then and so, to contest that religion in actuality, really meant contesting the mighty Romans. Naturally, this was not advisable. It was through their might that such strong armed and enforced 'belief' systems was to, very quickly, reach throughout Europe which, for a time, made almost the whole of Europe Catholics. Before the advent of the great King Arthur and, because the British were a particularly troublesome race, Caesar Constantinople, by the toss of a coin, 'decided' that the British were also to become Catholics. Before then, the main religion throughout Britain was Wiccan. In the Wiccan religion, it was normal practice to consult with the dead via Druids. It was also because of Druids - those more knowing than most - that we have gained the idea that one must be 'special' to communicate with our passed over forefathers. And so, from then, this 'belief' has also stuck to this day.

If any of that caught your eye then I recommend the next two articles written by the same man

How do you heal someone using Ouija part 1

The idea of me bringing your attention to this paper today is to give you just some idea of what can be achieved through psychical means. But, to achieve anything like it, one must first disregard, our own instilled superstitious fears. Admittedly, for so many of us, this is not an easy thing to do at all. In fact, it is hard enough for many just to acknowledge them. But, to advance and to make a meaningful impact upon the world via spirit means, overcoming our fears, beliefs and superstitions is a foremost must. So, whilst the subject of fear itself must be left for another day to deal with then, for now, let us assume that this fear has been overcome and of what we may do now that it has gone.

How to heal using ouija part 2

The biggest worry of all when using a Ouija Board is not so much proof but the accepted certainty that we will come across something bad. As I have stated in part one, since WE (collectively) are a very negative species, we often live and then die in that same state. Contrary to many belief systems, I have discovered (when I didn't want to myself) that most of us do not suddenly become angels or high beings of love and tenderness at all but remain exactly as we were, in every detail, when we were here. Although we are (mostly) completely unaware of this yet, we do have a *subconscious* choice upon death to raise ourselves above the ignorant self that we once were. However, most times, we ignore this choice to 'become one with all'. In most cases, this choice has not been taken from ignorance so much as one might expect but because only then do we fully realise that it is both the *experience* and *individuality* of actually living life in the way that *we* see it is of vast importance to 'All That Is' (or 'God' if you prefer). And so, for that reason, we remain as we are and yes, even if we do happen to be negative too. It is all in the learning process you see and it is the learning that is also of vast importance - to us and All That Is. Without it, we can never truly *understand*. For the afterlife, so I have learned, *understanding* is THE main 'currency' of all for, through it, comes all love. The more love that we learn to give, the closer we come to God - and that, no matter who or what we are - this is the true dream, why we live at all and why we keep coming back.

I hope those who are interested found these articles helpful

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Back in the days where I was lisining to C2C everyday.. I remember george noory allways say NEVER use a Ouija... he said it was dangerous

I remember my cousin told me about the time she and two friends was playing around with one, they asked for the spirits name, and it started moveing to S and then A and T and then my cousin took the glass and threw it into the wall becaues she was affraid, the same time she did that.. the toilet in the bathroom (the room just next to her´s) flushed, and they where homealone, nobody was out there, and also that night the radiators in the house did not give of any heat.. last time they played around with spirits
edit on 19-2-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I do wonder why? The experiences depend on the individuals using the board in my own opinion. Fear has ALOT to do with it I know.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
When you use a Ouija board it is dangerous and stupid. What you are doing when you use one these wretched things is contacting, and mingling with demons.
edit on 19-2-2011 by ReVoLuTiOn76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by strawberry91
reply to post by Vandalour

I do wonder why? The experiences depend on the individuals using the board in my own opinion. Fear has ALOT to do with it I know.

I've used the Ouija board a time or two and had no bad experiences. Then again, I do a cleansing of the area, and have no fear. So I agree that it depends on the user and the level of fear.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
When you use a Ouija board is dangerous and stupid. What you are doing when you use one these wretched things is contacting, and mingling with demons.

In your opinion. My experience suggests otherwise.

What brought you to conclude this?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I wrote a paper in college using a book reference that I found by using a Ouija board. I was looking for a specific book at the university library and it gave me the author's name, the particular part of the library building, floor, aisle and shelf it was on. It was pretty awesome.

Spooky but not dangerous. Just my $.02.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

If you think like that, then yes, it would be very stupid and dangerous to use one. You sound very fearful. What made you believe this?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Ideomotor Effect

The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously. As in reflexive responses to pain, the body sometimes reacts reflexively to ideas alone without the person consciously deciding to take action. For instance, tears are produced by the body unconsciously in reaction to powerful emotions. Automatic writing, dowsing, facilitated communication, and Ouija boards have also been attributed to the effect of this phenomenon. Mystics have often attributed this motion to paranormal or supernatural force. Many subjects are unconvinced that their actions are originating solely from within themselves.

Ideomotor Effect

The ideomotor effect refers to the influence of suggestion or expectation on involuntary and unconscious motor behavior. The movement of pointers on Ouija boards, of a facilitator's hands in facilitated communication, of hands and arms in applied kinesiology, and of some behaviors attributed to hypnotic suggestion, are due to ideomotor action.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

its all so interesting, if it could tell you that imagine what else it could?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

When you use a Ouija board is dangerous and stupid. What you are doing when you use one these wretched things is contacting, and mingling with demons.

Agreed

It opens up a demonic door for evil to crawl in through.
No matter what type of cleansing you do, why would you want to entertain with evil, unless you are evil yourself.
If you want to be a moth and get burned by the flame, then continue down this very wide path. But like many of G_D's creations, they run away from the flames and fire. I suggest you run away as fast as you can.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Lol wow, came flying in to derail huh? Did you even read the articles? The ideomotor effect, like many other scientific theories, are the usual skeptical attacks against spirituality. Its all your mind playing tricks on you, just like near death experiences and ghosts, etc...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Do you have any evidence of this spectacular claim that you can present?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

My brother and cousin were about 10 or 11 years old and they were playing with a real old one, not one you can just buy in stores as a game nowadays. They were in my cousins basement and they asked it if the devil is real. The second they finished the question the windows in the basement (the ones that can unlatch and open) all blew outwards at the same time. I wasn't there, but my brother swears to god to this day that it happened, so i've never touched one.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Ideomotor Effect

The ideomotor effect is a psychological phenomenon wherein a subject makes motions unconsciously. As in reflexive responses to pain, the body sometimes reacts reflexively to ideas alone without the person consciously deciding to take action. For instance, tears are produced by the body unconsciously in reaction to powerful emotions. Automatic writing, dowsing, facilitated communication, and Ouija boards have also been attributed to the effect of this phenomenon. Mystics have often attributed this motion to paranormal or supernatural force. Many subjects are unconvinced that their actions are originating solely from within themselves.

Ideomotor Effect

The ideomotor effect refers to the influence of suggestion or expectation on involuntary and unconscious motor behavior. The movement of pointers on Ouija boards, of a facilitator's hands in facilitated communication, of hands and arms in applied kinesiology, and of some behaviors attributed to hypnotic suggestion, are due to ideomotor action.

The above stuff was clearly written by one who had no successful experience with the board. There is no way subconscious twitches and such can replicate the dynamic pull, hard and fast, that I have experienced. Just no way. I have worked with very close friends who I trust. All have sworn they were just resting their fingertips on the planchet, as was I. When the planchet suddenly surges forth, with an urgency, that explanation rather flies out the window.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

My brother and cousin were about 10 or 11 years old and they were playing with a real old one, not one you can just buy in stores as a game nowadays. They were in my cousins basement and they asked it if the devil is real. The second they finished the question the windows in the basement (the ones that can unlatch and open) all blew outwards at the same time. I wasn't there, but my brother swears to god to this day that it happened, so i've never touched one.

I see. Well, I wonder what they would have gotten if they had done an area cleansing. Also, were they a bit fearful at the start? Again, fear is significant.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

No matter what type of cleansing you do, why would you want to entertain with evil, unless you are evil yourself.
If you want to be a moth and get burned by the flame, then continue down this very wide path. But like many of G_D's creations, they run away from the flames and fire. I suggest you run away as fast as you can.

I would love to know how you know all this. How do you know a cleansing will not work? I am not at all evil - in fact, I am a radiator of love, and have sought an end to poverty and all the strife money creates all my life. I am very centered and confident in myself, however, and have no fear of the unseen. For this reason, I have found all my experiences with the board to be informative and relaxing.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
My grandfather was a ouija enthusiat. He got TB and died. My family totally blamed the ouija, even tho 1000's of people died from TB.

When I got into tarot cards my family tried to disown me. Christian much?

Thing is, you get what you are looking for. Whether it's tarot or astrology or ouija, we're all just trying to find our purpose.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

"you get what your looking for" is a very accurate way to describe it I think

It would also explain why some have bad experiences with the ouija
edit on 19-2-2011 by strawberry91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Stay away from this stuff. They market it as a board game, but as things marketed go it is usually just poison.

Don't mess with this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join