It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are interested in "Ouija" boards

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by strawberry91
reply to post by Amaterasu

I believe our skeptic was trying to set you up. I will search for the link, but I think this blindfold experiment was already done with mixed or "failed" results. I myself have never tried it and see no need to. Honestly, I think blindfolding yourself just to "prove" that the board works is redundant. To even attempt the experiment just to please a skeptic is pretty much like saying "well I know you work, but please work for me while I am blindfolded so everyone will believe this works"
I think we both know the spirit world doesnt operate on a "maybe" basis. The word maybe itself is doubtful, and doubt+spirit communication (and many other things for that matter) will almost always yield less than stellar results.

Actually, it's more in the fact that I like to experiment. I have full faith that the behavior of the board would not change. But I like to see things for myself. So it's not "just to please" anyone but m'self. [smile] I wouldn't be asking anything out of the ordinary of the board or the spirits.

But I do agree that doubt plays a great role in success (or lack thereof) of many things.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I should have worded that a bit more specifically, for people like us who have a little bit of experience we have no doubt. But put a blindfold on someone else, depending on the level of experience or knowledge, the blindfold may put some doubt in them which isnt good at all lol

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

Yes, I see your point. Blindfolding any who have doubts to begin with would add to the issues of success.

Thank you for the thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

you are very welcome and thank you for your replies. The more people who realize how truly powerful our mind and thoughts are, the better. If we could all at least have a skeptical but open minded approach towards towards subjects like this, who knows what could be learned? The possibilities are literally endless!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Seeing as ouija bords have been around for such a long time, I am interested if there has been any experiments done under labratory conditions, and if so, what were the results?
Genuinley interested, looking for the info myself at the minute, but if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NonKonphormist

Read this!

this article is a wonderful step in the right direction

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I had always been taught that ouija boards were evil due to my familys religious beliefs, but after actually using one I don't really know how to feel. I've only used one once but from what I saw/ have heard from friends, there's no doubt in my mind that they are legit. The first (and only) time I used a ouija board I was at a party at a friends house and someone there had made his own board. At first there were about 5 of us trying, but the planchette wouldn't move. One of the people playing had been saying things like "this is dumb" "these things don't work" etc, and he left after a few minutes. After he left we tried some more, and the plachette moved our first question after he left. The spirit told us its name, and we found out he was a native who lived around there about 200 years ago (living in the very middle of Saskatchewan this actually makes sence). We actually talked to it for about an hour before 'closing the door', and stopping. It went basically as you'd expect a conversation with a stranger in a retirement home would, Nothing evil or scary about it at all. However I knew a guy in highschool who was obsessed with ouija boards, and him and his friends would go to one of the graveyards around town and play ouija a few times a week. I remember talking to him one day and him telling me about they're trip to the graveyard a few nights earlier. He said the answers they got were broken, or not really logical, and that they'd gotten several names when they asked who was there. Then he claimed the car shut off and he saw 2 dark blurs rushing around. Supposedly one of them began coming more slowely towards the car, and he said all he could tell about it was that it was TALL, 7-8 feet and wearing a hooded robe or something like that. He told me he thought they were druids but I honestly have no idea how he came to this conclusion (anyone have any ideas?). I know that may not mean much to you, but I believe him 100%, he's not one to joke about the paranormal. But regardless of if that story is true or not, its reason enough for me to be wary a ouija board. You can't control who, or what, is going to come out of that door, but once it comes you better hope it isn't PO'd.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have used one and will never touch another. I love ghost hunting, scary movies, creepy stuff in general (I collect new and used glass eyeballs) but I'll say it again, NEVER will I touch a Ouija board again. I'm not going into it other than to say I had a visitor and never want to see or feel its presence again.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
i have never gave a second thought to a oujia board as being paranormal.
No more than i have thought about using scrabble to predict the future.
or monopoly to tell me when to sell my stock's.

it's all bullcrap if ya ask me lol

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

can you please at explain why you collect used eye balls ?
2 nd line and all that jazz

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here is a brief summary of every "Ouija Board" thread that has ever appeared on ATS:

Enthusiast: "The Ouija board is neat, but you need to learn how to harness its powers."

Skeptic: "The Ouija board is a toy "

Enthusiast: "Well one time I was using the board and something unnatural happened."

Skeptic: "Because you wanted it to happen."

And this goes on, and on...and on......

First I would like to deal with the skeptics:
You are trying to use logic to explain something that is not logical. The problem with science, is that it is built on assumptions. Therefore, science can not explain anything completely. Science can not explain that is super-natural, because by definition, IT ISN'T NATURAL.

And for the Enthusiasts:
What you see is ultimately subjective, even if it is paranormal, there is no way to ever prove that you are indeed talking to a "ghost", even if you truly are. Because of this, everything that you experience is open to an infinite number of interpretations.

P.S.: Everyone, please do not lump "science" with "skepticism". Skepticism carries its own inherent beliefs, much like religion. It has its own set of "holy" literature, and dogma. Science is a system of logic, skepticism is not.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I have done quija board experiments many times in my life. I have seen people obviously faking contact, and some obliviously. I have never had a true connection with any spirit, ever. I wanted to, very badly. We would do this in graveyards and supposedly haunted houses. And never anything at all.

There was once a coincidence that had occurred. We were in a "haunted" farm house and quija boarding. We were filming it, and just when we asked for a sign the camera began to click...click...click. My eyes got big with enthusiasm, but on closer inspection it had began running low on battery...

I'm not a skeptic, I want to believe, through my own experiences I have nothing to support the claim that these work at all.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitsquid
I have done quija board experiments many times in my life. I have seen people obviously faking contact, and some obliviously. I have never had a true connection with any spirit, ever. I wanted to, very badly. We would do this in graveyards and supposedly haunted houses. And never anything at all.

There was once a coincidence that had occurred. We were in a "haunted" farm house and quija boarding. We were filming it, and just when we asked for a sign the camera began to click...click...click. My eyes got big with enthusiasm, but on closer inspection it had began running low on battery...

I'm not a skeptic, I want to believe, through my own experiences I have nothing to support the claim that these work at all.

I have a glow in the dark version of the Oujia Board. I have also been unsuccessful with it. Kind of disappointing. It would be an interesting experience to contact a spirit. Never know though maybe some day I'll get lucky with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xerxes1434

Originally posted by misfitsquid

I have a glow in the dark version of the Oujia Board. I have also been unsuccessful with it. Kind of disappointing. It would be an interesting experience to contact a spirit. Never know though maybe some day I'll get lucky with it.

Ours also glows in the dark. Some people say that you must be a medium to properly contact the spirit world. I kind of think that's bologna. Keep trying and like you said maybe you'll get lucky. I never have.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84
reply to post by Bachrk

can you please at explain why you collect used eye balls ?
2 nd line and all that jazz

Well lol I don't really know. I find them interesting. When I can I get the story behind them. These were at one time an important part of someones life and so I keep them cleaned and inside a display case out of respect for whomever had to bear the burden of losing an eye and all that must have come along with it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbled
I had always been taught that ouija boards were evil due to my familys religious beliefs, but after actually using one I don't really know how to feel. I've only used one once but from what I saw/ have heard from friends, there's no doubt in my mind that they are legit. The first (and only) time I used a ouija board I was at a party at a friends house and someone there had made his own board. At first there were about 5 of us trying, but the planchette wouldn't move. One of the people playing had been saying things like "this is dumb" "these things don't work" etc, and he left after a few minutes. After he left we tried some more, and the plachette moved our first question after he left. The spirit told us its name, and we found out he was a native who lived around there about 200 years ago (living in the very middle of Saskatchewan this actually makes sence). We actually talked to it for about an hour before 'closing the door', and stopping. It went basically as you'd expect a conversation with a stranger in a retirement home would, Nothing evil or scary about it at all. However I knew a guy in highschool who was obsessed with ouija boards, and him and his friends would go to one of the graveyards around town and play ouija a few times a week. I remember talking to him one day and him telling me about they're trip to the graveyard a few nights earlier. He said the answers they got were broken, or not really logical, and that they'd gotten several names when they asked who was there. Then he claimed the car shut off and he saw 2 dark blurs rushing around. Supposedly one of them began coming more slowely towards the car, and he said all he could tell about it was that it was TALL, 7-8 feet and wearing a hooded robe or something like that. He told me he thought they were druids but I honestly have no idea how he came to this conclusion (anyone have any ideas?). I know that may not mean much to you, but I believe him 100%, he's not one to joke about the paranormal. But regardless of if that story is true or not, its reason enough for me to be wary a ouija board. You can't control who, or what, is going to come out of that door, but once it comes you better hope it isn't PO'd.

Sounds like they contacted some kind of demons. I've watched videos about people that had demon contact with Ouija Boards and that sounds familiar. He should be careful so he doesn't get possessed.

Sorry it's from a fundamentalist religious channel but it shows what can happen. Interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Can this board be used to ask questions such as: Who will be my future wife? Or... What are next week's lotto numbers or is it just for talking with dead people?

Side note: really amazed at all the people saying they have had bad experiences with it. Strange stuff o.O

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
Can this board be used to ask questions such as: Who will be my future wife? Or... What are next week's lotto numbers or is it just for talking with dead people?

Side note: really amazed at all the people saying they have had bad experiences with it. Strange stuff o.O

Yep you can ask those type of questions. A little warning though the spirit or demon or whatever may give you misleading information. It could tell you who you'd marry but not that it would be a bad marriage that would end up in divorce.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

No point then I guess. May as well leave it up to chance and not dealing with the possibility of evil spirits =/

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
I didn’t read all the posts, but when I saw Ouija Board it brought back a very old memory, I want to tell you from a personal experience, you do not want mess with the Ouija Board. It is evil to the core, it is a connection to the underworld which is a different dimension then ours, they will deceive you and contaminate you from being who you should be… If you have one you need to destroy it by breaking it in half. Its not a game.

I don't know, it probably is evil but I have never gotten one to work before. Well in all fairness I tried once, went to drink beers at a friends house(was 20) with two of my friends at the time. They messed with it before and got it to work so they where like "hey check this out". It didn't work at first, took my hands off(they had their hands on it too), still wouldn't work. Actually to this day I don't know if he ever got the board to work again. I think he ended up throwing it out or something.

That said I don't think I would go out and buy one or mess with one alone or anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join