It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else in Maryland noticing something?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The weather perhaps? OK, so tell me why I have gone outside, talked with people and no one notices that it is currently 77 degrees in winter?
Is this the elephant?

Well at least my Weather Channel Desktop say it is currently 77 degrees.

Why is no one bringing up this subject? In fact I went out today for a walk and had a T shirt on and I was sweating! yet no one at all even thought to bring it up or mentioned anything about the weather. I find this unusual. Even more unusual then the weather itself, It almost feels like I am living in a dream, here is the average temp for my area this time of year:

45 °F (is considered normal)
75 °F (Is a record)

February 18, 2011 Max Temp Min Temp
Normal (KBWI) 45 °F 27 °F
Record (KBWI) 75 °F (1976) 3 °F (1979)
Yesterday 71 °F 41 °F

Source
edit on 2/18/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: forgot the elephant

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

wacky-doodle... Enjoy it..

it will snow next week......

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Iv'e noticed!! I'm in Falls Church, VA and I was just talking with a friend about it. It's sooo weird, but its nice

It definitely should be discussed though, its just not right....... lol

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I noticed it. I spent the day walking in the woods with my bulldog. Last week I made the mistake of saying I had enough of the cold weather. So, we got spring weather. It is all good and will return to normal next week.

I hope you enjoyed the break from the winter madness!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ya know I just went to the hisz rsoe site and saw a new icon I was unfamiliar with in that region and it was a heat wave indicator
In February?! The description said a record warm temp was broken from 1880. Honestly, a heat wave in that neck of the woods is the last thing I would expect this time o year.

peace,
spec
ETA: The indicator was for Chicago actually....
edit on 18-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by catrynaaa

Good glad I am not the only one lol, It is nice though!
Took my 4 year old to the park and even she looked at me and said: Mommy why we going to the park in winter? lol I don't want to believe in global warming but this is unusual, however also, I often say mother Earth is going through menopause and is having hot flashes lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wish we could go for a walk in the woods right now, all of our snow has melted and we probably had a good 2 feet on the ground, way too soggy. However, the wind today is gusting up to 30 mph here in my part of the US Midwest, so even though it is 55, it feels like it is 35.

Record breaking weather for sure.
edit on 18-2-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 18-2-2011 by LDragonFire because: Oops double post

link   
Around here it's called Indian Summer, so enjoy it while it lasts.....

We often get a week or two of mild warm weather in Jan or Feb....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

As long as I have lived here in the Upper Midwest, which has been about 20 years, Indian Summers have always been in November, or December at the latest. I didnt know it came later in the winter season, or is that particular to your part of the country? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
100-Degree Warm-Up Ahead for Some States Next Week

It's hot here in GA too

crops going nutz

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Everyone keeps saying that lol! I manifest that it be just as warm as it is today

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

No it's not normal at all! this is what got me, It is normal perhaps during spring but never during winter, usually up north, February is THE coldest month of the year.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim
reply to post by IAMIAM

Everyone keeps saying that lol! I manifest that it be just as warm as it is today

LOL, well that might send the daffodils into bloom, but I am down for an early spring any day!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The weather these last two months has been crazy. Of course, in Florida you get about 2 months of cold/nice weather and then its back to the high 70's and 80's like right now. It sucks. I've only seen snow once, about two years ago in Chicago. I personally am tired of Florida weather, almost every state gets cold weather and snow, and heres Florida with an amazing 75-80 degrees. Some who are tired of snow will enjoy it, those who experience it all year round get tired of it.

I believe in Global Warming. It would explain the crazy weather this year. One week the whole midwest is in a blizzard, and the next theres no snow and its 70 degrees outside. With all the industrialization, its not a big leap to decide that global warming exists.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks for the link! I will go and read it in a moment

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I check that site often, I need to go there again, but even still, isn't a heat wave unusual for Chicago right now?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Yep I am seeing cold weather in the future, tomorrow even, hopefully not! lol, I don't like the cold at all.

Does anyone know if the same is normal for Maryland?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

Yes, the info says it broke a record from 1880. So it's hotter now in Feb than it has been in 131 years, whew!

spec

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join