It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else in Maryland noticing something?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks for the clarification! All this makes me wonder about all the animal deaths lately.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
quote :In fact I went out today for a walk and had a T shirt on and I was sweating!
easy u already had a star from me

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Wow 1880! that's huge, I don't know how I missed this tid bit here on the thread!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

When you are at hisz,rsoe, you can click on an icon and then click event description to get some details.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes, I understand. I've been on this rock for well over 40 years and it really is a wild ride and getting more wild by the year. The only reason I remember a warm trend around this time last year is because it actually started to get the flowers in my yard sprouting up which had me scrambling for something to cover them up with when they called for the next round of bad weather.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thanks
, I've been doing that for about a year now and just the scope of the events that happen around the world and you can see in real time is just amazing not always in a good way but amazing still. I would of love to see the way it looked 10 even 20 years ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Oh wow, I see now. How long was the warm period? and how warm did it get?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
70 degrees in Pa. Good enough to melt all the snow we have had! I'll attribute it the same as an Indian summer, like the Fall season. we have had them tin this late winter time also.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

okeee dokeee.......whatever u say.....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
All the strange weather this year, including this, has been caused by the Jet
stream going wakadodal. You are currently south of the Jet Stream as so are in warm/hot weather. I live on the west coast and am more failure with that. This time of the year it should be heading south off the coast of Calif and then cutting inland and the heading gently east by north east. Right now it is dropping south hard way out to sea and coming in from their causing us major wet storm. Earlier this year it was not coming south until it was over Nevada and then cutting east by north east from someplace in Texas. This caused major cold to drop down as far as the jet stream into Texas and all the central and north east US. During the same time it was in the 70 and 80 here while the rest of the US was in a major Freeze. Repeat what I said. All this weather weirdness is caused by the Jet Stream not being correct. Now if we can find out why the Jet Stream is so off (Harp, Global wobble, Solar wobble).

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm here in finksburg MD and it was in the low 70s today and the high60s yesterday. Even though the temp is going back down this week it is still strange for it to be this warm in MD in the winter. And has any one in md notice how big and bright the moon has been the past few nights? Even when it is at its highest point in the sky it looks bigger and brighter than usual. Please excuse my grammer I'm using a smart phone to type this.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It is normal. It always happens. We are getting snow showers again next week. No worries.
The reason it has been so wacky is because of el nino.
El Nino is supposed to life if it hasn't happened already, which means we are going from a frigid winter to a blistering spring summer.

So no matter how it comes, enjoy the 70s.

edit on 18-2-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm in mid-south TN, and usually is +-40 F this time of year. It's been well over fifty for about a week, and probably will hit 70 F this coming week.

Folks usually talk about the weather; seems you just can't avoid it. But now, no one seems to notice what's going on. Not only is the temperature warm, but it feels like late spring--you know, after the earth warms up some? I've paid attention to what's going on and am REALLY concerned about this! Heat waves in February??

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!

Is it really going to be this easy to put the "mundanies" (mundane people) fully to sleep??? What will it take to affect all of us? We won't even know if/when it happens. Shame.

I think I'll just lie down here for awhile..........maybe take a little nap......

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Put on a jacket you fool. Don't you know global warming is a liberal hoax?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Live in Northern Ontario Highway 11 was about 60 F normal is -35 to -40 F
Today we have a blizard and white-out
OH ya notice all the dog are acting nut mine included

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
lol this thread should be on eharmony! OR maybe Eraelians! Look the fact that the record highs haven't been broken since the 1880's should be a good indicator that temperatures are within acceptable ranges. If over the course of the next decade the records highs were consistently broken each year suggesting a TREND IN RISING TEMPS then it might be time to worry. I think all the conspiracy theories floating around are starting to make people look for clues in normal things. Its like reading a horoscope in the morning and then pointing out anything that closely resembles it throughout the day. Collect some consistent data first then formulate a hypothesis based on the data.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim

I check that site often, I need to go there again, but even still, isn't a heat wave unusual for Chicago right now?

Chicago is on track for a record cold winter. We have had heat reflecting snow on the ground nearly since November. I see that you are a global warming zombie with an agenda, so I'll look up the facts to back what I said. It seems like it has been below zero (F) for weeks at a time here, so, devotee, if you do a daily average temp, you can take your propaganda and love back to neocon central. You cannot just poke your nose in here for one or two days and con the world about how warm it is in Chicago, because for 141 years of record keeping, we have had, this Winter, just 12 days above freezing compared to an average of 41 days. It's joyless to have to blather about this if only to counteract nwo propaganda victims such as yourself, but it is necessary. Yes, by all means, go back to your weather site so you'll know what to do to promote your religion. You'll be wanting to find the day Chicago almost broke a record high temp on such and such day in February, but I'm telling you otherwise.

blog.chicagoweathercenter.com...

God bless!
edit on 18-2-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ps if this is eharmony your HOT gimme a ring!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Winters are getting shorter.But more extreme.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's been a strange month here in eastern Oklahoma as well.. -31 then 79 within a weeks time..
Not that I am complaining...it sure got rid of the 24" of snow pretty fast

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join