It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else in Maryland noticing something?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
meh...it's been in the upper 60's here and one or two days it was in the 70's...

A few years back we had this happen in january..it was in the 70's for a few days..also I remember in 85'(i remember the year because my grandmother died) it was so warm in december that we had on shorts outside..

I don't really think it's anything to be concerned about.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about. Not global warming. Happens all the time. Even my 89 year old granny remembers warm spells in winter from her childhood. Weather is unpredictable.

April 28 Snow:
www.aolnews.com...

Just to show it swings both ways.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

lol the smart phone is not to smart!
sorry I have been wanting to say that lol! heheh, but yea I have noticed the moon especially tonight, it lit up my whole room as if it were the sun, how amazing it was. I like how you spell Fredricks lol. I am glad you noticed though. I know it's a little cooler near the harbor but seriously, even so, it's very odd, just to odd for my state/taste

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Yep, your right nothing to see here move along!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Then how come it's only being noticed now? granted the majority of people wouldn't notice a meteor if it hit them in the face, BUT there are still those especially online, who notice things and there are those who notice things who are not in to conspiracy or spiritually or anything but yet, notice unusual weather patterns this year, I wonder why that is?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bertapearl

LOL Thank you! yes, wake up people but you can shout that till the cows come home, does no good sometimes honestly, but at least, some know what's going on and what is odd. Let me tell you this!, I went about the end of 2010 to the store one time and some old lady there was talking with me and she said this:

You know, sometimes I think I will have to rip out my daughters eyes and replace them with mine, so she can see through my eyes and see how she is hurting her mother

How true that is!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

LOl well at least the snow melted!
I remember last year we had the blizzard from hell here lol or was it two years? so hard to tell time anymore since it is going SO fast!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

LOL, hey I was just saying doesn't mean global warming is man made you know

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Well I don't know about dogs or anything BUT I do know birds are acting strange, I own a cat and for today he is being pretty normal, sleeping, eating and pooping lol and then more sleeping

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Eh who said I believe global warming? I said I am "Starting" to lol never did I say I "did" and I will say it again, does not mean it is man made darling
but as with all things, people need to resort to name calling to try and make an intelligent point but defies the purpose with name calling

edit on 2/19/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim
The weather perhaps? OK, so tell me why I have gone outside, talked with people and no one notices that it is currently 77 degrees in winter?
Is this the elephant?

Well at least my Weather Channel Desktop say it is currently 77 degrees.

Why is no one bringing up this subject? In fact I went out today for a walk and had a T shirt on and I was sweating! yet no one at all even thought to bring it up or mentioned anything about the weather. I find this unusual. Even more unusual then the weather itself, It almost feels like I am living in a dream, here is the average temp for my area this time of year:

45 °F (is considered normal)
75 °F (Is a record)

February 18, 2011 Max Temp Min Temp
Normal (KBWI) 45 °F 27 °F
Record (KBWI) 75 °F (1976) 3 °F (1979)
Yesterday 71 °F 41 °F

Source
edit on 2/18/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: forgot the elephant

I live in washington dc,and i understande what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
when you can walk around in a tshirt in winterpeg(winnipeg) you know somethings wrong and no one has said anything

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Thank you! as I have said this weather is just bizarre and get's crazier every day, and then it is foretasted to snow, changes like this in a woman (Which our planet mother Earth) is usually mean one of two things, menopause or labor.
edit on 2/19/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: Typo demons got me AGAIN, *sigh* I am the typo queen

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pleasetryagain

That's what I'm talking about lol it's been almost a week straight, and then it's going to snow? or rather snow shower ? very strange, it's like I said above.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Thank you! as I have said this weather is just bizarre and get's crazier every day, and then it is foretasted to snow, changes like this in a woman (Which our planet mother Earth) is usually mean one of two things, menopause or labor.
edit on 2/19/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: Typo demons got me AGAIN, *sigh* I am the typo queen

It all depends if the eaarth quake happens,her troubling soul is very disturbing to the force.
they call for snow around us,you ready?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The weather here in NE Texas has been strange this year. We are currently experiencing the same warm temps too.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
native Marylander here.
it's not unusual to get a few warm days off and on in the winter. I've spent Christmas Eves in shorts and tees and other Dec 24s in ice storms.
it's been said the 'temperate zones' have the most intemperate weather in the world.
the animals usually lay low until we get a week or more of the warm.
I'd say this is well withing the normal weather patterns. enjoy it while it lasts!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
We've had one of the most brutal winters in many years this year, as a country alone we've broken more cold and snow records than I even want to attempt to count. This is just a random current of heat. It'll pass and now I've got snow forecasted in a few days.

It means nothing. Enjoy a short break from a bad winter.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm a native Marylander as well and remember growing up how changeable the weather could be. It could snow one day and the next day be warm like the springlike days we've just had. Not often, of course, but it happened. One late January or February week my senior year of high school, we had several days in the 80s. In winter! It was awesome, and we all just enjoyed the rare treat and ate lunches outside.

So I also don't think it's anything that unusual. Hopefully it's a sign that spring will start early this year, and we'll have more of this warm weather to come soon.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
dont know if you get the same thing over there...but here in the UK it seems every month seems to be the hottest/wettest/coldest month since records began..?! weird I think...

much love
stu

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join