It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Internet Uncovered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer
reply to post by JBA2848

Sorry for overlooking it the first time.

ditto

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Interesting set of science based links here:

disclose.tv...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

They can, don't mistake the hidden web as really hidden.

They can find you if they want.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by RMFX1

They can, don't mistake the hidden web as really hidden.

They can find you if they want.

I don't like the way that you phrased that, but anyway. Let's hope that they do find THEM!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Didn't mean it in any negative terms, just realize that any method you use to hide yourself on the web can be undone.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Found this where RIPE is targeting and collecting data andtrying to shut down some of the hidden IP traffic. I guess they created a search engine to target traffic on unallocated IP addresses.

labs.ripe.net...

RIPE was being used by Wikileaks and they were hacked and had there harddrives destroyed so they moved to some underground nuclear bunker. So who knows whats instore for the "darknets" as RIPE calls it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
anonymouse does not work! simply searching hidemyguns in the uk shows its crap!
the internet is by definition flawed current software/hardware just makes it easier to use.
edit on 21-2-2011 by shemalealy because: spelling

edit on 21-2-2011 by shemalealy because: spelling again

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
what the heck... I'm in computer science master degree and I though I knew everything about internet and pcs but I never heard of this deep internet

Best useful thread on ATS for sure.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is very interesting information. A lady that I worked with was constantly talking about her husband being involved with the "deep web". He is a computer programmer of some sort and at the time, I just thought she was talking trash. So it's very interesting to see this topic on here. Thanks for the information. I hate to sound dumb, but I ask questions to better understand. I've investigated a little on the illuminati.org page. That's another whole topic!... But, are they involved with the deep web as well as a form of communication?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wakemeupnow

It's actually very possible that The Powers That Be use the deep web for communication, considering the fact that it's probably one of the safest and most secretive ways to communicate.

Phone calls, email, and in-person meetings all leave the possibility of being compromised by tracing, hacking, or spying. These hidden locations deep within the internet cannot be tracked, and can be protected by very complex and advanced safeguards to prevent any unwanted persons from accessing it.

As far as the term 'illuminati' goes, I refrain from using it because of all the misinformation out there about such a group. However, there clearly is an elite group of people that are controlling and manipulating world events from behind the scenes, so it's definitely possible that they are deeply involved in this, though their role might be just trying to shut this whole thing down.

Interesting thoughts, thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

thank you for this

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I never even knew that there was a secret internet, thats very interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
thanks for the instructions. Tor is up and running. I did some time in the deep web - there is a lot of information digest. Nothing to bring back here, yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Let's be serious for a minute Tor ain't anonymous with "public keys" plus it's well known the best way to hide is in plain site in other words don't use Tor, stay on the radar but present yourself with nice shoes. I'd be more worried about cookies, flash cookies etc.. if i were you and other "handy" web browsers options that analyse your search requests.
Now if you really wanna hide in the twilight zone you have to pay there is no secret .You pay a high price per month for not one but a fleet of proxies and the company selling you these should preferably be located in a country where the US have no arrangements of any sort regarding cyber crime (the list tend to be small these days...).And of course you will use a linux os of your own flavor, encrypted hdd and maybe ip spoof you (use the ip of someone else) just in case .This is what hiding takes in 2011.

edit on 21-2-2011 by themaster1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
People get confused with this. They hear darknet and think it's some secret hidden internet. It's not. What the "darknet" is are people using methods to obfuscate and bypass security. TOR (onion routing) is toted as a quick way to be anonymous online but in reality, it isn't perfect and you can still be tracked.

Something as simple as using 'pirate DNS' severs instead of the standard ones gets you on "the darknet" Pirate not relating to infringement or that scene, Pirate as in Pirate radio, running off the grid.

the terabytes of data they talk about isn't some secret file crypt, it's merely an estimation of the amount of data being shared under the radar, using alternate DNS, or rouge ones, using security basically.

The darknet merely refers to stuff you can get to as the average user searching on google, as the sites aren't listed, only on their darkDNS servers, so you'd get a 404 error when attempting to access the site unless you change your dns to resolve to one provided by one of these groups.

It's a neat idea and hearkens back to the days of dialing into a BBS on a 2400 baud modem. If you know the right web forums, and how to ask, you can easily get access to this stuff.

nice reply that makes mine obsolete.
As you make clear, the "deep web" refers to those nodes that aren't available to the search engines on the web, for whatever reason. Most of the time these reasons are (1) badly designed upgrades of websites that doesn't include solutions for pages that are no longer part of the website and (2) websites creating content on the spot, sucking data from their CMS.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Yeah thats kinda my reaction to it..Users flocking to it in the name on anonymity,doing bad bad things,but you have the other poster suggesting you cant pass college courses without it...humm.. cant get an education without going to the dark side....oh the implications of that...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Looked around a bit on it... seems really shady. Reminds me of the early internet. I wonder how many internets there really are?

edit: Out of curiosity I clicked on an apparent drug-marketplace. Hindsight, I probably should not have done that. I wonder if I'm being tracked by the DEA now.

I'm uninstalling all this crap.
edit on 22-2-2011 by GLantern101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that if you go to Google Video search and search for something, you now get the message "In accordance with local laws and regulations, some results were removed from this list". What the Hell??

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

news.softpedia.com...

In a surprising move, considering its past actions, or rather inactions, Google has gotten involved with a lawsuit concerning BitTorrent search engines. isoHunt has been entangled in a lawsuit brought against it by the movie industry for half a decade now. But Google has only now offered its official opinion on the matter.

Unfortunately for isoHunt, Google is not coming to the rescue, quite from it, but it does try to get some rulings changed to help its own case against Viacom.

IsoHunt, at one time one of the biggest BitTorrent search engines out there, was taken to court by a number of Hollywood movie studios for copyright infringement and 'inducing' copyright infringement.

The court eventually found isoHunt guilty and ordered it to implement a wide filter in the US, preventing users from searching for certain terms chosen by the studios.

Strange how Google can invole them self in a appeals court case of a company they have no connections to and weigh in with there feelings of how the laws should be written.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There are many misunderstandings regarding Tor. Tor has actually two different modes of operation and most things people commonly seem to know about it are only about one of them:

1.) Tor is used for anonymization while using services on the internet. You can surf the "normal" internet through Tor and your traffic will be routed in encrypted form through three different nodes of the Tor network until it will leave the Tor network at the so called "Exit Node" where it is decrypted and sent on its way to its final destination like any other traffic the internet also.

The owner of this exit node can sniff all the traffic but cannot track any of it back to where it originated, unless of course you help him by signing in to unencrypted websites and reveal personal information about you. This is the cause for most of the warnings you can read about Tor. You have to understand this problem to be able to take precautions against it. If you know what you are doing (and what to avoid) and what Tor does and what it does not then this anonymization function can be used to your advantage.

2.) Tor is used for the so called "hidden services". This mode does NOT involve any exit nodes, the warnings from above do not apply here! In this mode you establish a connection that is mutually anonymous. Neither the user can determine the physical location or IP address of such a hidden service nor can the hidden service determine the location or IP address of its users. The data packets travel back and forth between the two along a path of six nodes, each side has setup its own half of this path from three random nodes, the paths were connected in the middle and none of the sides knows where the other side's path originates from.

Additionally all hidden service traffic is automatically end-to-end encrypted by Tor, none of the six nodes between server and client can decrypt it and none of the nodes knows enough to know where the path ends or begins, how long it is and which service (if any) the packets belong to. All they do is relaying encrypted packages without knowing their purpose, their origin or their target.

hidden service are much like i2p, they enable you to establish a TCP connection between two Tor clients that is mutually anonymous.

Unlike some have suggested here these hidden services are not just somehow forgotten to be indexed by search engines, they are NOT reachable through the internet at all, not even if you knew the IP address of the computer where such a service is hosted, they are only reachable through Tor through such a 6 nodes tunnel and can only be addressed by their .onion name.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join