It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow ,consciousness has really stepped up a notch

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Some are not trying, and are jealous or something, hard hearted when they see others making the attempt - to use a gateway analogy, they neither enter in themselves nor allow anyone else to enter in.

The human being is in the process of re-evaluating his place in the universe, and the nature of the self, and as such, we need to try on all kinds of new ideas and paradigms in search of what works, and what is most helpful.

Some are only concerned with ego or being right, smarter, making others wrong, look foolish, etc etc. and they come across as both fearful and outraged that others are exploring these ideas, and trying them on for size ie: morphic field resonace and non-locality for example, by which a rise in consciousness anywhere, would alter the whole game. Heck a planet of sentients in another galaxy could hear our cries of suffering and sorrow (in the spirit) and have joined together in collective prayer, for all we know, or even matter itself could be evolving to a new order of consciousness, the eminations of light from our own sun, the messenger of something novel - anything is possible and it's all somewhat up in the air and we're exploring this new realm of possibility together, that's all.

He who thinks he already knows, knows not, but he who knows that he knows not, at least has a chance of discovering SOMETHING.

So yes, if people are in the gate (as already right in their own minds and in every way), shouting people down, mocking them for seeking the new way, the new life and truth, whatever that might be, neither going in or allowing anyone else to enter into the new domain, then yes, they ought to STEP ASIDE, and at least in that act, be of service or of help in some small way by no longer operating as a hindrance to the ongoing process of mutual self discovery, or even of God-realization in the fullness of time and history.

edit on 17-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Another one - why read or even post. What a waste of time and energy. Step aside.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't know brothers, but I feel something is coming. I can't explain it and I don't really want to bore or annoy you with examples. The OP of this thread struck a chord with me. We are all individuals, yes. But we are also all connected somehow, on some level.

You have to be a blind fool if you can't see that what is happening in the world on a social basis is utterly WRONG! For instance off the top of my head, Barack Obama receiving the Nobel Peace prize for merely talking about peace and how to achieve it. That just screams wrongness! There are countless other examples I'm sure you are all aware of.

Like I said, something is coming. A major change of some sort and it will happen before 2012. Good or bad I don't know but it is a cosmic thing and nothing can stop it. The date 2012, I suspect is just hype and a distraction like a lot of other stuff. If you can't feel that something big is on its way, tough. It will sweep you along anyway.

Best thing to do is hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1mabeliever

I think it will be significant and subtle both, and that some will get it and some won't, depending on their orientation, and receptivity.

Some day, many will be sharing something not unlike an inside cosmic joke, shared between strangers even, all over the place, and they will laugh and smile and pat each other on the back, but there will be others, looking on, furious, hard hearted, who won't understand why everyone appears to have gone insane. It's already starting to happen as you see by this very thread..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by NorEaster

You have your new shiny armor on, and I, my newfound shield of love..!

I had to change my avatar, and the Knight of Swords is my Numerology Life Lesson Number 53/8. I will miss my dawg, but that's how it goes.

We ought to be stepping outside the box of an outmoded materialist monism, that's for sure, so if by outside, you mean outside the box, with the ability to look and think and see anew with new eyes, then sure, and I don't mind if you take a run at me oh shiny one all armored..

You have your talking points and I'm not that interested in them. One thing I did finally figure out is that your Akashic Field is what I call the Contextual Environment's Residual Informational Continuum. Terminology seems to be an issue that keeps cropping up here and there. Probably because I've never bothered with other people's theories. Oh, and the Contextual Environment? You probably know it as Reality. Or maybe you don't believe in Reality. I can't keep up with you guys.

Just remember, that what we measure out is measured back to us, sometimes three fold, and you've been generating quite of bit of ill will for a while now, so something's accumulating and something will have to move at some point, and it could end up being you, off your high horse.

Oh my.

Tough guy, eh?

Look, if you can't handle it, don't reach out for it. I'm not here to play with you. I'm here to vet my premise and to let anyone who's interested in what I'm talking about know more about it. Neither involves you.

I love playing and razzing some of you, but if it's burning you up, then you need to do what you can to ease your pain. I'm going to suggest that you not engage me. It's not as if you don't already know what you get with me.

And yeah, I will definitely challenge the enlightened crap that has been wasting people's time for thousands of years. That's the whole reason behind what I'm doing. To me, it's been part of a suite of notions that have begun to crash the psyche of modern humanity, and the closer we get to eliminating it, the more hysterical it's going to become. I'm tough on the Xtians too. Not in this forum, but in other forums I'm a terror for them. Totally violate their sensibilities.

No one ever changed anything by agreeing with the status quo. Your gig is your version of the status quo, and my gig is to derail what you standard issue folks have been pushing for centuries. It's no party, but someone's gotta do it. Hell, the traditional stuff hasn't been any help, and now it's impossible to fit it in with what we know about reality.

Hell, you guys are attacking reality itself to keep your "truth" even remotely believeable. When you're finally declaring reality itself to be "flexible", you're just this side of losing all credibility.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Someday soon brother. Very soon. I just hope I can make it to the place where we share the "Inside cosmic joke" And to be there with my kith and kin wouldn't go amiss either.

You could say that this thread is a demonstration, a micro-cosm , if you will, of the world in general. There are those who seek to ridicule the bearers of truth and light.

You know the old saying? "The truth will out" No-one can can hide the light of knowledge and truth indefinately, it will find its own way out. When it does, I think we will truly know freedom.

Peace brother

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well put. Accordingly, one could argue that all we have to do is to sit still and meditate (or focus on love and a higher expression of humankind). As hippie-esque and silly as that sounds, it has been proven that meditation has an effect of lowering crime rates, murders, etc., when conducted by a small percent of the population.

Let also consider these Biblical words: Be still and know that I am God. I am not pushing Christianity, as I am not a Christian, but just using the verse. You could also think of it as, Be still and know that I am. What that "am" is not perhaps as necessary as the being still part. Again, if you think it is hokey, I urge you to consider the effective war that is placed on humankind to be anything but still. Make sense? So, what those words of wisdom might be encouraging us to do is to be still - that is to meditate or go into the "non-local, holographic informational matrix," so to speak - so that we effectively bring about and consciously develop our development.
edit on 17-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

For us, as human beings, in this life, this reality, the contextual whatever you call it, in the space of the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming, is the relativity of human being within a family framework, at all levels, and this notion of a "brotherhood of man" based on mutuality, and love, as the willingness to give of self for the sake of another's growth and wellbeing, is very much a Christian ideal although the Christian by no means has a monopoly on it, just deep insight, if more of a Christian mystic than a literalist fundamentist which is a very low order of psychological and spirtual growth.

I appreciate how much work you've put in with your own reality construct, but you're missing the love element, the 5th element if you will, the stone that was rejected by the builders, which became the keystone in the royal arch over which humanity will some day pass into everlasting freedom.

We are not mere things, but a process, a process occuring with the relative contextual framework of our collectively shared humanity, and in that regard, we both just failed miserably, and I am sorry here on my end, for getting testy with your mockery of others who've been having, for them, an authentic spiritual experience.

Like most people I think you have a blind spot in your motivations, something you've not even considered, and it has to do with this human contextual framework, and I too realize in our goal of becoming self-realized or actualized, God-conscious, whatever you want to call it, that there's a very fine line between holiness, and assholiness, and I'm also at fault, and again, sorry for getting snarky with you, in truth that's not how I want to be, and to become, as a process within the contextual framework of the relativity of human being.

Your motives and your style makes me wonder however about your own familial relationships, in particular with your father and mother, what's REALLY driving you?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
awwwww wlil baby is finally growing up
=)))))))))))

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
yes! it is fantastic, completely overwhelming!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic93
awwwwww lil baby is finally growing up
=)))))))))))

Wah!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
This is cringeworthy...this whole site. Yeah...I feel the consciousness waves...oh no wait...that's just a breeze whistling through my crotch.

It does take courage and some just don't have the cajones for it. We understand, it's ok, no worries it's all good!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

So yes, if people are in the gate (as already right in their own minds and in every way), shouting people down, mocking them for seeking the new way, the new life and truth, whatever that might be, neither going in or allowing anyone else to enter into the new domain, then yes, they ought to STEP ASIDE, and at least in that act, be of service or of help in some small way by no longer operating as a hindrance to the ongoing process of mutual self discovery, or even of God-realization in the fullness of time and history.

OK, thanks, I now understand better what you were saying.

However, while I am entirely against mocking and "shouting people down", I still think there may be a useful message notwithstanding any offensive method of delivery.

It is easy to be swept away with all this consciousness thing and lose touch with the reality of our individual egoistic self and where we stand in the world. I think it is helpful to keep one's feet firmly planted on the ground and regularly examine with a critical eye our own attitude and how it affects others. In this regard, I think posts like noreaster's can be a positive motivator.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

For us, as human beings, in this life, this reality the contextual whatever you call it, in the space of the unconditioned ground of being and becoming, is the relativity of human being within a family framework, at all levels, and this notion of a "brotherhood of man" based on mutuality and love as the willingness to give of self for the sake of another's growth and wellbeing, is very much a Christian ideal.

I appreciate how much work you've put in with your own reality construct, but you're missing the love element, the 5th element if you will, the stone that was rejected by the builders, which became the keystone in the royal arch over which humanity will some day pass into everlasting freedom.

We do what is needed for the community of Man, and what is needed right now is a full frontal assault of belligerent ignorance. Love is not always passive. Sometimes it's not pretty at all depending on the point of view. Hell, when is it right to directly challenge entrenched ignorance? Some people might suggest that it's never right to challenge, that it's not loving behavior. I disagree.

We are not mere things, but a process, a process occuring with the relative contextual framework of our humanity, and in that regard, we both just failed miserably, and I am sorry here on my end, for getting testy with your mockery of others who've been having, for them, an authentic spiritual experience.

Actually, we're events, and not even things. A little counterintuitive for some, but the proof does exist. Like downtown traffic that continues until it doesn't anymore. Luckily, we each create information that fully represents the fact of every moment of our lives, and it's actually that information itself that we experience as consciousness. Again, a little counterintuitive as a notion, but as with the event premise, completely provable. I wouldn't be promoting something I didn't think was completely revolutionary and completely proven.

Like most people I think you have a blind spot in your motivations, something you've not even considered, and it has to do with this human contextual framework, and I too realize in our goal of becoming self-realized or actualized, God-conscious, whatever you want to call it, that there's a very fine line between holiness, and assholiness, and I'm also at fault, and again, sorry for getting snarky with you, in truth that's not how I want to be, and to become, as a process within the contextual framework of the relativity of human being.

My motivation is to draw flies. That's it in a nutshell. The book makes the case for the premise, and my motivation is to either interest or enrage people enough to become ether positively or negatively compelling. The premise, itself, is not me - I'm just a blinking light for anyone who is looking for what this premise can offer them in plain old making sense of what's going on in them, to them and around them. For most people, that'll be enough to take a lot of pressure off. I don't care about how I'm seen. I got handed this information because I'm a good enough writer to write it out. I'm no salesman, but eventually someone else will come along and do a better job of selling it than I can. When that happens, I'll be out of your way.

I'm a guitarist who writes wild-ass fiction novels and Hunter Thompson-style memoir books. This metaphysical stuff isn't my normal area of expertise. I can't even be sure how it is that I have the information that I have, and why it all seems so extremely simple for me to understand. Be that as it may, I have something to get done and I'm doing the best I can.

At least I know that I'm nothing to write home about, and I'm okay with that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Interesting.

the ones who seem to be "getting it" are so much more in tune with "whatever" that they have created a little click of their own.

I have to admit I'm feeling it too.

I feel its about to hit the fan in a big way.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What's with all the shift in consciousness junk on this Site all the time? What could humans learn as a species that we don't already know. The only possible thing would be how to travel at the speed of light, and I'm not even sure if that's possible. We've learned so many important facts in the past 250 years, and there's very little room for the vast type of increase you are waiting for.
Your evidence is you feel different? There's better evidence that '___' causes consciousness shifts than the nothingness that you discuss. Perhaps a lot of people take '___' and post on these forums? That would explain all of these people having altered consciouses.
New theory: weed will be legalized in 2012. That's about the only consciousness change that I see as being possible. Unless American idol or 24, or whatever junk is on tv these days is capable of consciousness.
(I believe my mention of drugs doesn't violate any T&C. I'm not condoning use, just providing evidence to back up my claim.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow people think we should reject monism and materialism? I forgive you for you know not what you speak of. This debate was finally solved only 200 years ago. And it has been outcast by the church the whole way. The REAL change in consciousness must be that all humans would become monists. Not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ok, here's my view OP. A friend of mine has been ill for quite some time now. At work she used to sit right behind me. Her misery was killing me, not that I was feeling her pain or discomfort, but that it was washing over me in waves of I don't know what. It drained me, made me very sad for her discomfort. She has fibromyalgia and she really suffers with it. I wanted to help but didn't know how. Around that same time I kept running into the word Reiki (I know, I know, whateva!) anyway, it was there all the time. I was reading a smutty romance novel and it mentioned it. I didn't pay much attention (seein's how it was a smutty novel and all) a couple of days later I saw it as a headline in the health section of our local newspaper. I thought, hmmm, funny, I just heard that word, I wonder what it is. So I looked it up and rolled my eyes at the concept. My kooky sister in law had done something similar to my mom once. Well, then a few days later I saw the word again. On and on it went until I felt like maybe it was trying to reach out and reel me in. Needless to say, I looked into it and researched it for quite some time before I decided to try it. It in itself has been one heck of an enlightening experience. I became a student of it almost a year ago now and ever since then I have changed. I am calmer, more caring, more loving, more open minded, more thoughtful. People close to me have on several occasions commented on how laid back I am now. I don't get upset over trivial little things, anymore and I don't have road rage either
Best of all I have been able to give my friend some much needed relief for periods of time. No her Fibro isn't cured, but it does help her with inflamation.

I think that enlightenment can mean different things to different people. I do notice things more now than I ever did before, so maybe its kind of an "awareness" if that makes any sense to the posters who wanted a description. NOT that I think I am so totally aware of anything or above anyone by any stretch of the imagination, just for ME I feel more enlightened about my purpose maybe being to help others in some way. Its a good feeling. And something I needed in my life.
So yes OP, in a way, I have felt it too.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is so amazing.

I heard all this philosophising before.

It was during the middle of the sixties and was called the Hippie Movement, age of enlightenment, make love not war, peace and love.

We meditated to raise our consciousness and threw off materialist life styles searching for a perfect life.

It was fun but futile.

What you are experiencing is growth. Some of us grow and some stagnate.

Been there done that.

Enjoy your voyage. Just don't get lost.

Peace and understanding to you from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join