It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar flare hits Earth tonight

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Im assuming this flare is a wave, so being a wave it travels at certain speed so hit moon first then us and would we be able to see it?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm no expert nor would I ever claim to be even if I knew, but last evening the moon was out in broad daylight like I have haven't seen in awhile. I can't give an exact time cause I wasn't bothered by it and I had no idea about the solar activity. I guess it was almost an hour before dark maybe more.

I live in Biloxi, Ms.

It's probably nothing but if it is I will switch certain things to my back up system and my inverters just like hurricane season, takes 5 min. But like I said im no expert.
edit on 17-2-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Ya the broad daylight thing with the moon really bugs me,, i just dont remember seeing that as a kid, but hey long time ago,, still, hey i like star wars ya i know, but,,,

And then u start talking luminecence refraction reflection, who knows.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
im like 5 mins from the bristol motor speedway in TN , it did look like a ring but its just the way it looks through the clouds. cool effect though

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlema77

Originally posted by 01010101010101

Originally posted by BobAthome
Is the ring around the moon or is it a redish hue all around the moon,, there is a difference,, think front back.

yeah reddish hue, looks likes a red ring to me,

Please give your locations as to where you see these guys, I live in Arkansas and nothing as far as rings around the moon at all. Looks kinda reddish/orange when the clouds go over the moon and that's it here. Seems normal as far as I can see

lol...I don't even see a moon at all. I am in Idaho.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Midnight on East Coast- satellites still working, cell phone still working, internet still working, no power grids down, dogs and cats aren't living together,etc etc..............

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by JAGx1981

Ya the broad daylight thing with the moon really bugs me,, i just dont remember seeing that as a kid, but hey long time ago,, still, hey i like star wars ya i know, but,,,

And then u start talking luminecence refraction reflection, who knows.

I used to always see the moon in the daytime...still do.

Maybe you just never paid attention or bothered to look?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I just hope the big guns are taking this opportunity to learn as much as they can and no lolly gaggin', so eventually down the road they can gather even small information, cause sooner or later our lifetime or a distant one, the Sun will be the ending factor if no other factor plays.

The Earth will go into it's changes for as long as there is a Earth or until the sun dies and turns it into a planetary nebula leaving behind a white dwarf core.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 01010101010101
im like 5 mins from the bristol motor speedway in TN , it did look like a ring but its just the way it looks through the clouds. cool effect though

I just got back in from outside also. The clouds and the moon are pretty awe inspiring.
I am going to check it out in a little bit.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I was raised on a farm in the country 100 acres + milked cows before went to school yup,, so when u say "Maybe you just never paid attention or bothered to look? " While ridding on top of a wagon of hay alll dayy long ,, what else are u going too look at , ?
edit on 17-2-2011 by BobAthome because: around 14 at the time cause Dan drove the tractor and he was 11 so yup

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Of course going down a highway on top of a wagon of bales of hay swaying left right,, cause if a car came but anyway ,

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

My internet keeps going down and keeps dropping my calls. When I talk to people it's all fuzzy WTF

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hahahaha @bobathome sounds about as fun as this right here

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Cool. I love it when us 'intelligent' beings are flumoxed by something beyond our control. It's puts everyhting back into perspective of who we really are and how far we have(n't) come.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
alright it has happened again. the other night I saw a massive moon halo, and tonight an even bigger one! and for the life of me my camera ain't picking it up. anyone in the desert SW can see this also? I'm in vegas and it's soo bright and big a blind person should see it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There is another thread on this - Solar Flare Watch 2011 - here in So Cal about 20 miles from the ocean, we have a very thin fog cover and a huge halo around the moon. Nothing much else to speak to. Cats are fine, wireless phone, cable, satellite are all fine. I can, however, hear the "war games" from Camp Penelton and that's a bit unnerving. Bombs going off in the distance. The air is just so still that the sound really carries.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Ghostcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
From Los Angeles, and I notice a perfect ring around the moon light like others claimed on here. Pretty interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by taters2468

at 3:09 in that video I could of swore penn says "desert bus podcast" which is odd seeing as that game is from 95 and the term podcast came about nearly a decade later.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have a report from the Ms. Gulf coast. I went outside and looked up at the moon and it literally blinded me to where I was seeing spots when I looked away, I got others to view as well they all looked down in a blinding manner. I cannot even locate or see the terrain, it's like looking into a flashlight. There is also a big ring of dimmer light emitting from it.

I dont know if its because I don't know what im saying cause i havent looked that much before, but living in the country I have layed on my back and gazed at the stars many of times and never got blinded like this. Although I have seem it bright before.

If your in the southern US, go out and see if your getting the same. It's probably nothing but I think it's cool.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
here in sydney australia last night the moon was probably the brightess i have ever seen it. it almost hurt your eyes to stare at it. i dont live near the city so i have no affects of the street lights. on most nights you can see millions of stars but last night i could see very few and could see at night probably the furthest ever. it was a massive full moon.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join