It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive solar flare hits Earth tonight

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm in southern Arkansas and it's too cloudy to even see anything. But it is bright behind the clouds because they are very lit up. Don't think they would cause you to go blind though?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by taters2468

Thats it only u werent driving u were oh never mind, and yes the moon phenomina is indeed a new thing in my opinion due to a greater number on jules.
edit on 17-2-2011 by BobAthome because: spelling of course

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

i think he says desert bus contest haha

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by taters2468

between all the solar flares and moon beams hitting me, must be losing my hearing.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Do we know which direction the wave is coming from? Where to observe?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Clear skies here at N44/W63, nothing unusual from what I can see. Seems like we're going to be disappointed yet again. The moon looks kinda cool though, pretty bright tonight, I guess that's our consolation prize.
edit on 18-2-2011 by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth because: Spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Went outside to check the sky here in extreme North East Texas. It is partly cloudy, the moon is very bright and so far so good here.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
THE MOON IS FREAKIN MOONING A MOON tonight.

It's so bright. Really really bright.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just walked out into the "country dark" here in southside VA. The moon is also really bright to me. Some fast moving wisps of clouds. The moon appears to have a somewhat rainbow halo around it. I am not sure I have seen that type of halo around it before, but I generally don't go out looking this late/early.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
To cloudy to see anything including the moon in ne ohio, oh bother. will look later as im a bit of a nite owl

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It's 6:43am in the Big brother house, erm I mean England, I have just spent the last 3 1/2 hours up the slag bank overlooking the Solway firth, and
you will never guess what I saw looking up..............CLOUDS!! Lots and lots of clouds!!

It's offcial, British weather is poo!

Oh I saw lights alright, Street lights and lighthouses in England, Scotland, Ireland and the Isle of man (great view you get from the shores of my home town).
edit on 18/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I live in Florida. Its somewhat cloudy here also, but none right now. The moon is actually pretty damn bright tonight, compared to other times i've seen the full moons. Debating on whether I should bring my telescope out. Beautiful night.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Just went to take another look, and yeah the moon is really really bright, but I'm wondering if anyone here knows if solar flares are capable or known to produce a bright moon effect? I mean I've seen it this bright before many times so it could easily be a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Can't see anything from where I am in Yorkshire, too much light pollution, cloud and mist.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
hrere u go "Solar flares herald rare glimpses of northern lights over UK" just google it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sucks here in Calgary too, we have an overcast and cannot see anything.

We usually see the northern lights so tonight should have been good, but NOOO, of course I couldn't see anything.

Damn weather.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I hope it knocks out all communications so I can test my classified communications system muahahahahahahaha. I cant wait till facebook gets pwned.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Cloudy In Onterrible too..

Though I have seen the whole sky go green before...I was hoping for a show.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
hrere u go "Solar flares herald rare glimpses of northern lights over UK" just google it.

I think that should be "Typical British cloudy weather hampers rare glimpses of northern lights over UK"

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

I believe its because the atmosphere has been pierced. So the Moon shines brighter, due to the layer being opened by an object coming into our atmosphere. Solar flares have nothing to do with the Moon itself being brighter.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join