It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
well i would have to say that the creators of zeitgeist are dead nuts on about all their assumptions and proofs. when in our history has so many truths been brought to the surface for all eyes to see and awake from the coma we've been in for the last several thousand years without having to fear ramification of knowledge?

if you love your god so much, then why don't you attempt to understand the story of babble? that should have given you and every other bible beater the complete awakening, that to separate a people you take away their ability to organize and control their lives thus forth. that story within itself should have clued you into the mindset of its authors in beginning. the brainwashing must end and the awakening must move forwards, so we can organize and take back our world and our pathetic controlled existences from the keepers of the sacred lies and deception

Zeitgeist was a brainwashing reversal tool, unfortunately some sheeple will never wake up and shall remain in a coma

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Making money off of it huh? He puts all of his videos out for free dude. The only reason he is financially able to do this is because of small donations and some people who choose to buy the dvd for like 5 bucks..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Zeitgeist is full of misinformation that has been debunked and thanks to this thread, it can finally be brought to the attention of ATS members. Oh...what? They still want to live in denial and reside in a fantasy world?

Cool. To each their own.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

If your so tired of it, leave it alone. I'm sure no one has asked you to be the one to denounce all the claims made and no matter what you do, there will always be those willing to believe otherwise, no matter how hard you try. Its not worth losing sleep over.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by madscientistintraining

The OP sounds like a christian who got their ego hurt by knowledge.(kinda like how the original sin of adam/eve was searching for knowledge) only idiots believe that stuff anyway. must hurt to find out the bible is not the end all of life or death..

whats wrong OP mad you were lied to by some backwoods hick preacher? and to embarassed to let the message of zeitgesit sink in..

I bet you hate Bill Hicks, George Carlin, and Christopher Hitchens too.. and you probably hate Religulous also..

Ready for this?

-I grew up Roman Catholic.
-I can make the distinction between a documentary blatantly LYING to come to such a premature conclusion based on false teachings, whereas the biblical ones(which obviously cannot be empirically proven) are good teachings.

-I am not religious, I am spiritual.

I love George Carlin, Sam Kinison and any/all dark comedies where Religion can make for a very
funny punch line at Jesus' expense. Robo Pope, Rock against drugs likened to Christians against Christ, Jesus being married...

Now, why are you so butthurt about someone elses right to have an opinion (that just so happens BACKS up absolute facts) unlike Zeitgeist which has proven itself to be a big pile of conjecture-laden craptastic dung?

It's cool, you can tell me how you really feel!

Please kindly disprove the OP's claims (backed by fact) with some facts of your own...
If you cannot?

Kindly STFU and refrain from posting...thank you.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Chinesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
zeitgeist is new age Utopian propaganda that actually supports the new world order that they are trying to attack.

most of their key points in the latest movies are Marxist....

Venus project... I mean come on!

the ending was the best part, because it was funny.

Zeitgeist and all of their other films should be banned from ATS.... that's my opinion. I am sure many of you would disagree, but so what. I am calling it how I see it.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Uh, hi....I'm Earth....have we met?

Yeah, money is one thing they have garnered, but the message, the programming and the FACT
they used con-artist tactics and assertions which were all baseless: told as truth...

The cost of this brainwashing is much more than a mere cost of $5 for a DVD....especially when you consider
the damage it has caused because people (wait for it) beLIEved what the message had said.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hi

I would very much like the op's opinion on the following video from youtube as i think this is relevent to the op's argument due to the contradictory nature of the bible.

Thanks.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
bs or not, at least...five, religions I can think of off the top of my head are basically sun cults, the documentary has a valid point, even if they did fail epically to back up their findings with solid facts instead of...trying to get the point across and failing epically...

ed: before you ask, christianity, paganism, islam, the ancient egyptian religion (horus and those guys) and...the maya believe it or not xD all obsessed with solar phenomena.
edit on 16-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

Well, 12 Disciples -- that's just very common. 12 Astrological signs -- unless that new discover is true, that there are 13.

Who cares if the numbers match -- Horus DID rise from the dead, but perhaps was not crucified --- seriously, it doesn't really matter. These are superstitions and it's impossible for ALL of them to be the truth of God. If someone needs to fear eternal damnation because they are a Calvinist but are supposed to be Baptist, or if they grew up in the US, and the REAL religion is Buddhist -- they are also screwed.

Face it, your religion is based MOSTLY upon your parents and your environment -- NOT the will of God.

>> If religion and what you believe really did matter, then that means YOUR GOD is a huge DICK -- and moderators, this appropriate speech. I don't know about the rules for judging a deity, other than if there were a UNIVERSAL truth, and you just put it in a crappy book, and because I thought that evangelical preacher who wanted my money was full of crap -- then I'm going to Hell -- that is a purely spiteful move.

We are also talking about the HOLY ROMAN CHRISTIAN EMPIRE. The empire that was so evil, it through Christians to the lions for entertainment -- which was reborn as Holy and Christian, and so for the sake of piety, then ended its evil ways and threw Jews to the lions. When they formed the religion -- all the old Roman gods and any other catchy pagan tradition, was sucked into this new creation.

>> Religion, like Patriotism and "Dying for your country" (unless you are actually invaded), is just the age old scam of the people in Power who want to take from the masses and control them. The more fundamentalist you are about a belief -- ANY belief, the more easily manipulated you are.

So, whether Zeitgeist has all its facts right or not -- it has the SPIRIT of the truth; religion is merely a superstition that has people who currently believe it. And it is very USEFUL. For instance; Catholicism has been really handy for the priests and bishops to get lots of money and young boys and never go to jail.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A lot of archaeology is shallow, not just that which supports zeitgeist theories. You say that the info in zeitgeist is BS, I think it's ALL a bunch of BS bud. I don't see how the "official" "facts" are any more valid.

Fail Thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

I think that it's rather interesting that that the OP is so very animated about the toes of religion being stepped on, while the (in my opinion) meatier substance remains untouched. A lot of disinformation takes this route. Attack the harder to prove parts of an argument and insist that the entire work is a fallacy.
My big questions, I guess, are are you saying that The Gov't's story about 911 is true? Are you saying that the Federal reserve is a part of the US Gov't? Were they lying about a drill was going on while the Subway Bombings took place? I guess my real point is that if you find one fault in a litany of arguments, that doesn't prove every point wrong. That sort of thinking is "MAGICAL" and, I think, very cute. I'm not even sure that you should waste time here arguing the validity of YOUR religious beliefs here. We are all free to believe whatever we wish, but please try not to be so dictatorial about what is or is not an acceptable discussion for this forum.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I'm just saying, Im Catholic and I absolutely refused to watch part one of zeitgiest, I dont want someone to try to debunk my beliefs, call me ignorant call me what you will, I believe in God.
Zeitgeist ticked me off with that.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
How can you actually refute the claims that were made in Zeitgeist about these mythical beings, and the ancient history behind all this, anyway? It's all mythology and religion. You cannot possibly prove that what was said in Zeitgeist didn't happen, and I couldn't possibly prove that it did. It's mythological, and religious. I cannot sit here and say, "yes, they did this to Horus, and I have a ton of empirical evidence from a book." Nobody alive now was there -- every claim on both sides of the coin are just as valid as the other.

- Fangula, k buy

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
reply to post by inforeal

I'm just saying, Im Catholic and I absolutely refused to watch part one of zeitgiest, I dont want someone to try to debunk my beliefs, call me ignorant call me what you will, I believe in God.
Zeitgeist ticked me off with that.

thats exactly why your points are invalid. anyone who claims to be super religious should be able to watch something, and still believe. It sounds like you've lost faith if you cant watch a movie and still believe you're religion... lmao

i believe zgeist might go overboard sometimes, but for the most part there is truth in it. I was brought up a catholic also, but I dont have enough money to be part of the church anymore..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
Fact of the matter is, the documentary doesn't show anything which isn't taught at universities already - for many educated people, religious or not, its common knowledge.

Please provide an example of a university which teaches, as fact, the content of the first part of Zeitgeist. As has been shown, it is based on discredited research, while contrary arguments may be found quite readily in historically attested to scholarship. In other words, it substitutes demonstrable lies for fact, in order to promote an agenda.

Any accredited institution that offered such a course should, and would, lose their accreditation in a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kreese
A lot of archaeology is shallow, not just that which supports zeitgeist theories. You say that the info in zeitgeist is BS, I think it's ALL a bunch of BS bud. I don't see how the "official" "facts" are any more valid.

Fail Thread.

Right on the money... all "facts from that era are fuzzy. You can say this or that guy is credible, look at what he says, watch this video ect. ect. how does your source know whats true? how does Zeitgeist's sources know whats true? all you can do is listen to the "facts" from both arguments and decide for yourself. Agree to disagree and stop trying to force feed your beliefs on others. If you wanna be catholic.. go ahead its your life. same with the other side.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fangula
How can you actually refute the claims that were made in Zeitgeist about these mythical beings, and the ancient history behind all this, anyway? It's all mythology and religion. You cannot possibly prove that what was said in Zeitgeist didn't happen, and I couldn't possibly prove that it did.

Are you completely unaware of the scholastic discipline called "history"?

Seriously, how can you make sure a ludicrous statement as that? If historical evidence, subjected to peer review and reviewed by scholars shows something, and some random filmmaker says something completely different, and cites an historian who was proven to simply make things up, do you not understand how one of those things is proven and the other is conjecture?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
In no way does Zeitgeist disprove Jesus' (the prophet) existence. Just like we have modern day prophets, there were prophets during Jesus' alleged time. Jesus could have easily been a man who stood up to TPTB in his time and got killed for it. However, the celebration of Jesus is - I believe what Zeitgeist is talking about - the movements of the sun and stars.
Muslims believe in Jesus as a prophet, I believe they referred to him as Iza.
Prophets and 'antichrists' are part of humanity's cycles. As our government becomes more tyrannical, we will see people stand up to it, and probably get killed.
Bill Hicks, George Carlin - were not religious, but still believed in Jesus.
This is an issue that probably will never be solved absolutely since we are 2000 years later only going by Bible and speculation. We'll have to wait for the next arrival.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

For the most part, I agree with your viewpoints on Zeitgeist and Venus Project. It's not because I'm afraid of change to a new societal setup; I want a new one, but this isn't it. Isn't the Venus Project basically being governed by artificial intelligence? I don't want to be governed by man, let alone his machines. It's a total disconnect from nature, and the cities are, well, monopolistic. As if the monopolies we have today aren't bad enough.

However, we can't ban speech on these ideas at ATS (not sure if you're joking), especially since ATS isn't determining our future. When active debate on the subject is brought up by these posts, it's easier to defend against it, that is if the new world order truly wishes to carry out the VP. Plus it goes against our basic ideologies here.

The only way I would be FOR the VP is if full extraterrestrial existence and technology is disclosed to the people and we are able to travel to other worlds without the Verichip. I doubt that would happen though.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
dinosaurs were put here to test mans faith

sure they were, along with aliens:/

wake up people and quit being stupid. which side of the propaganda machine do you want to belong? the one that brainwashes you to continue being naive and a manipulated slave, or the one that wants you to wake up and organize change for a better future?

we've seen, lived and experience this screwed up global society of dysfunction. its time we try something better

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join