It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

HMMMM sounds like religion.
there is nothing from that book that can be proven, its all hearsay and FAITH bound, how could a university even offer to teach such fantasy without real true facts?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kreese
A lot of archaeology is shallow, not just that which supports zeitgeist theories. You say that the info in zeitgeist is BS, I think it's ALL a bunch of BS bud. I don't see how the "official" "facts" are any more valid.

Fail Thread.

speaking of fail, your point is irrelevant. The religious portion of zeitgeist was essentially stolen from a bunch of new age / theosophists / rabidly occult masons (as opposed to normal ones). HE did none of his own research and that shows, as it is largely 100% wrong.

Acharya S, one of his biggest influences, copied her work from previous work which was itself wrong. They use revisionist history, incorrect assumptions, lies to weave together a seemingly air tight case. He presents it with passion, which makes idiots believe it. Too bad it is largely, factually incorrect.

Blatant lies about other religions, to discredit another religion is what the aim was here, and I would guess peter joseph was probably too dumb to realize how wrong he was - he just took a bunch of bullshick at face value.

2+ 2 doesn't equal 5. This isn't a negotiation or about ideas. The facts he presents are wrong regardless of how religious one is.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
yeah, if you put it in a knowledgeable sense

if you read a "non-fiction" book, shouldnt it be non-fiction

because if you start reading the bible, its 100% fiction for a good majority(no historical evidence that jesus ever existed) . Unless you believe that GOD said; let there be light, and sluts, and monkeys that throw poop at people... and then bam, they were there. if someones is lies to me off the bat(the beginning of the bible).. i wouldnt sit there and listen to him and believe exactly what he says

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This entire thread is a giant load of absolute TROLL DUNG.

Seriously, if a fundie wants to advertise their video's, and get some hits, or even promote their particular cult, they just their crap on ATS - and whammo, instant traffic.

I will continue to post BS Zeitgeist stuff up on here, because it's far better than the bull you spew OP!

Get a grip.

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
While I agree with you there is a serious flaw in your annoyance.

Your words above are "I'm tired of addressing these stupid, stupid claims."

I have a solution.... Just dont address them! It's called choice, it takes self control, and it keeps your blood pressure down. Once again even bright ATS people have lost some reality due to the nature of ATS being what it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lildaddy985
reply to post by kallisti36

I think that it's rather interesting that that the OP is so very animated about the toes of religion being stepped on, while the (in my opinion) meatier substance remains untouched. A lot of disinformation takes this route. Attack the harder to prove parts of an argument and insist that the entire work is a fallacy.
My big questions, I guess, are are you saying that The Gov't's story about 911 is true? Are you saying that the Federal reserve is a part of the US Gov't? Were they lying about a drill was going on while the Subway Bombings took place? I guess my real point is that if you find one fault in a litany of arguments, that doesn't prove every point wrong. That sort of thinking is "MAGICAL" and, I think, very cute. I'm not even sure that you should waste time here arguing the validity of YOUR religious beliefs here. We are all free to believe whatever we wish, but please try not to be so dictatorial about what is or is not an acceptable discussion for this forum.

Good points.

This "agenda of Zeitgeist" -- what could it be? Some were saying that "it must be cultists or TPTB!" --
Last I checked;
Religion is still a profitable scam, and people who just got done molesting kids, still get to tell people in Africa not to use Condoms.
The Banks and Wall Street "lost" billions of dollars, and the news media managed to blame the entire thing for a few months on poor people scamming their way into a high interest mortgage.
9/11 has not been fully investigated, and I find it hard to collapse a building when the floor below doesn't have time to smack into the one above before it starts collapsing -- I mean, did WIND push it down, because beyond any conspiracy theory, the collapse kept up with the dust that fell.

The details on religion, might have been "lifted" from other published ideas -- but it doesn't remove the fact that the story of Jesus, is very similar to a lot of other myths. Sure, a full historical comparison, would find a bit less similarities -- but none that matter all that much. Disciples, rising from the dead, virgin births and healing the sick -- all standard fare for Godlings.

>> So, Zeitgeist might be wrong on some details, but the overall EFFECT it will have on people, is to have them question some long running, and very big scams. Not that bad in the scheme of things.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Wow i've seen alot of thread's that I believe are bull, but this one tops the cake. Lets get your facts straight son. The zeitgeist movie never once claimed that Krishna was crucified. Horus was born of a virgin Isis and honestly this video doesn't even mention Buddha. I don't know what documentary you watched, but I personally have taken to the time to research whether or not this documentary uses accurate information and everything I have ever looked up seems to be accurate. This thread is either a troll thread or some kind of dis-info agents spewing false claims to help downplay the zeitgeist movie. Please just I ask everyone to re-watch the first part of the zeitgeist movie and take the time to review whether or not the facts in this movie are true!

edit on 17-2-2011 by evolv because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by evolv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

there are PLENTY of FACTS in ZEITGEIST......get your facts str8....you think you can just post some videos and you have debunked everything....get a clue....what about everything else in the documentary....i dont see you debunking any information on the federal reserve or anything else

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You know whats totally refuted? Religion.

You know what uses facts to come to a conclusion? Zeitgeist.

You must prove that your claim of a sky daddy watching everyone all the time is real - not say something is real and then have people prove that it isn't. Thats just laziness on your part.

edit on 17-2-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Who cares about religion, when we have first five minutes that reveals all that is necessary to gain someones trust.. I, personally, was shocked at first with that message.. And nothing more was important to me.. Debunking of Zeitgeist or any of its part is totally crap cause the only message I saw there is CHANGES !! So wake up from that trans you are in !!

I don't see future seen with eyes of corrupted governments and their puppets, I don't like stories persuaders speak, I m just trying to live in peace and raise community around me to it's maximum capabilities.. And thats why I support zeitgeist and venus project !!

What doesn't mean that you have too, but at least try to understand and don't judge anybody cause he's different in some way..

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
reply to post by adjensen

HMMMM sounds like religion.
there is nothing from that book that can be proven, its all hearsay and FAITH bound, how could a university even offer to teach such fantasy without real true facts?

Unless it is a theological seminary or religious school, universities teach things like the history of religion, the philosophy of religion, or comparative religion. They teach what people believe, they don't teach what you SHOULD believe. That's the difference.

wake up people and quit being stupid. which side of the propaganda machine do you want to belong? the one that brainwashes you to continue being naive and a manipulated slave, or the one that wants you to wake up and organize change for a better future?

Unless I miss my mark and you've these two things backwards, you've missed what Zeitgeist is all about -- it's not about loosening controls, it's about tightening them, but with the Zeitgeist crowd in charge. Review the blue boxes in my earlier post here. They are, in effect, new age communists, who think that they know how best to run the world (literally.) Given their first foray into the world of facts, part one of this "documentary", I find that laughable.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Your thread makes me laugh. Christians are the biggest hypocrites. Your big problem is that you claim that Zeitgeist is a bunch of lies.......hate to burst your bubble, but so is Christianity. Just to prove a point, prove to all of us that your religion isn't a lie. Prove to us that Jesus wasn't just a Cult leader. Don't bother quoting scripture because that is proof of nothing.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You have refuted nothing. The movie is about more then your religion. Sorry your ego was hurt OP but the story of jesus is just that....a story. The movie is about how the world elites have always controlled us in one way or another. Re-watch the movie, you just might learn something. Fear, Money and Deception is what you are supporting and that is exactly what they want.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I love it how zeitgeist is so divisive, perhaps there may be some truth in it. Not saying there is, because that would require FAITH that the message is correct, and we all know how silly that would be, as faith requires you to stop searching and believe someone external to your own thought processes. Faith PERPETUATES ignorance, rather than denying it.
I am no rabid ZM follower. I just find it very interesting. Will VP work? Dunno, cant see how, with all the BS so prevalent in the world and hung on to and defended by so many who have invested their ego/identity in to it. ZM definitely wont 'save the world' but it could at least have raised questions in the ignorantly blissful that when a tipping point comes and the opportunity comes to clean up the resultant mess, perhaps those questions will come to bear.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

A flag and star for you having the courage to take on the new "Zeitgeist" Religion.

As you can see from your thread, facts have no meaning to this bunch. They prefer to base their life view on fabricated myths and outright lies it would seem.

What it is I suspect is they have some kind of deep seeded hatred towards Religions and like other similar hate groups they completely block the truth from their minds if it interferes with their hatred. It's like trying to convince a member of the "KKK" that there is no difference between people of differing skin color.

It should not bother anyone however because these people would simply find something else to hate were their current targets unavailable. Of course I'm only referring to those who latched onto Zeitgeist because of their hatred of Religion.

Hate is such a powerful emotion that truth and rationality are no longer possible. I understand why you posted this, but I don't think it is possible to change their minds with the truth and facts.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram
reply to post by tinfoilman

Maybe start here with a handfull of quotes from early church fathers, which formed the basis of some Zeitgeists evidence and some of which was quoted in the film.

Early Christian admission of and excuses for striking similarities between Christianity and older, pagan mythologies.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2011 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

I got all excited, because I thought someone had actually provided evidence to the contrary of the movie I posted. Too bad most of the links lead to 404's. From what I could read, it would seem as though they are using the same rehashed quotes from Justin Martyr (who wasn't the best theologian by the way) most of which are addressed in part 7. The similarities in practices are really weak, and they don't discuss any similarities in doctrine. Anyways, the site seemed pretty amatuerish anyway seeing as they brought up Osiris and Horus AGAIN!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
its true, see the links in my sig. Zeitgeist, or the spirit of the age, is an attempt to sow the seeds of the incomming tide of the 'New Age', that is what all this 2012 nonsense is about. Think about it: the ancient 'gods' and demi-gods, the mythos from around the world, plus all you history buffs will know what I am talking about, in addition to what amounts to disclosure with the first season of 'Ancient Aliens', coupled with the prominent experts of 'nihilism' and atheism of the likes of Scientists like Richard Dawkins and Stephen Hawking(both of whom i have addressed at my website, which is a work in progress: The God Solution), and the materialism of the false-Madonna, and the labcoat wearing scientists, and the liberal public education system, which is a system of control set up by private interests like Industry and Banks, to control the minds of the masses, and the seductive sorcery of sophistication, and the subtle spells of modern mainstream media an attempt to bring in a Trans-Humanistic, New World Order. This New Age is nothing new, and in fact are merely rehashes of ancient pagnism. The twist is that the systems which have been deviously designed, evinced to lead people into sin and death, are no accident. The Devil wants to make the 'liberation' of breaking the 10 commandment seem appealing to the masses. The love that hollywood sells is a lie; the silver screen, which is a mind-control device, and popular culture, have imparted upon the minds of the unsuspecting prey, pounced upon, per predatory marketing. We gotta combat evil, the spirit of the age is the spirit of the antichrist. Zeitgeist is an effort which has been pretty darn succesful in disuading and misleading the truth movement. We have been lied to.

History repeats itself if we do not care to learn from its lessons, so learn from this and see that the hour is fast approaching!

1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. 2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there. 3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for mortar. 4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. 5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children built. 6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do; and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech. 8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. 9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

The people of this age are a people facing a perilous identity crisis, that we have been Created in the image and likeness of God, and that we are all called to be in communion with Him, to walk with Him, to be like Him, to know Him. If only we took the time to sincerely seek the identity, nature, and character of this Awesome God whole heartedly, and with humility, but instead so many have been deceived down the highway to hell which is broad for the many who choose the easy way and have fallen prey to the snares of the devil: paganism, hedonism, atheism, nihilism, godlessness, sexual immorality, relativism, modernism, materialism, consumerism, and the pinnacle of the pride of man, which is embodied today as Humanism, Industry, Science, Technology, enlightenment, Freemasonry, whose unfinished project is almost brought to completion: to be like God, but denying the God they aspire to emulate; to build Heaven on Earth, but forgetting that they denied God of Heaven and Earth; to save ourselves from the woes of our iniquities but rejecting the Lamb of God who was slain for the Glory of God, and takes away the sins of the world-His most gracious, generous, and glorious Son who loved us so much that He died in spite of all this, so that if we believed, then we would seek Him, and He would draw us unto Himself, and we would know Him, and if we Know His Benevolence, Holiness, Majesty, Generosity, Compassion, Patience, and most importantly His love, for His goodness is compelling, so we will love Him in response, and if we Love Him then we will obey His commandments. As such we will be led to turn away from sin as we will recognize that the Lord God of all Creation Loves us so much that He satiated His own furious anger against sin, and took the cup of this wrath upon Himself so that we could be saved, so that we could be reconciled to Him, so that we could receive these profound and inconceivably generous gifts which we are undeserving of, and know that He alone is God, that He is worthy of praise, glory, honor, that His ways are as far above our ways as the Heavens are from the Earth, that none of us can boast or be proud in His presence, that we could be humbled as the intimately dependent creatures that we are! This will only further compel us to repent, and take up our Crosses, to share in Christs suffering and ministry, and to participate with His redemptive act for mankind through Christ the Suffering Servant; by turning from our sins and following Him, which His love compelled us to do and is not an act of man, it is the case that we have died with Him, and in Him is an unending fount of mercy and grace by which we are baptized in the Precious Blood and Water that flow from His Most Sacred Heart, and we will be made clean! Now if we die with Him, and in Him, then will we not also share in His Ressurection from the dead? If we are dead to sin in Christ then we have been sanctified in His Gracious Love and Blessed Fount of Mercy, and are a New Creature. The inevitable consequence of sin is death, but God the Father sent His Perfect Obedient Son who knew no sin, to stand in our place, and so in Him we are free from the power of sin and death, ffor through His Obedient Son Jesus our Lord God the Father was glorified and pleased, and so He ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father, and has been entrusted with the authorty to judge the living and the dead, and He was given the keys to life and death. Christ will be coming back to swiftly execute judgement and punishment upon an evil world who, in spite of this Most Gracious and Generous offer of His cup which is Brimming with unbounding love, have chosen to remain obstinante, stubborn, and proud by rejecting the Merciful act of Christ, and will suffer the cup of His wrath. When the body of a Human Being perished, it is their soul that remains, but the soul exists beyond the material world of space and time, it is thus immaterial, timeless, incorporeal, and everlasting, so when we die we are stepping into eternity, and in the twinkling of an eye will intimately know what existence is like without the Source, Form, Perfection of, an Embodiment, of all that is Good, Pure, and Holy. It is a choice; so before you are life and death, and I admonish you all to take heed and choose life! Pray for each other! Love; repent; fast, and seek salvation from Him while there is still light in the day, for He will come like a thief in the night, and we know not when the time will come, as even now He stands ready to swiftly execute His Fathers will!
Your brother in Him,
Matthew

edit on 17-2-2011 by mrphilosophias because: to add link to The God Solution

edit on 17-2-2011 by mrphilosophias because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi, I'm an atheist, this is my first post on ATS, so please tear it to shreads

With that out of the way, I just wanted to make one point. Joseph Campbell suggested in his research that there is a purpose to religion and myths, and that the decline of these stories is actually causing people to become even more heartless.

I disagree.

Personally, I think once people realize the majesty of the universe itself, and the fact that we are are starstuff, that there will be a revolution of consciousness. Until this happens, however, we won't ever see true peace. Actually, even if it does happen, that doesn't mean there will be peace, but I can dream.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
well i would have to say that the creators of zeitgeist are dead nuts on about all their assumptions and proofs. when in our history has so many truths been brought to the surface for all eyes to see and awake from the coma we've been in for the last several thousand years without having to fear ramification of knowledge?

if you love your god so much, then why don't you attempt to understand the story of babble? that should have given you and every other bible beater the complete awakening, that to separate a people you take away their ability to organize and control their lives thus forth. that story within itself should have clued you into the mindset of its authors in beginning. the brainwashing must end and the awakening must move forwards, so we can organize and take back our world and our pathetic controlled existences from the keepers of the sacred lies and deception

Zeitgeist was a brainwashing reversal tool, unfortunately some sheeple will never wake up and shall remain in a coma
I'm sorry, but isn't sheeple usually a description of people who follow without question? It takes literally 5 minutes of research and questioning before Zeitgeist goes down in flames and you're just left with Neo-pagan-marxist-illuminist hodgepodge philosophy and a conspiracy that's really no better than your run of the mill ATS thread. Am I a sheep for sitting through Zeitgeist to see if it had valid points against my religion by testing those claims against evidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join