It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Totally Refuted! (Do not post Zeitgeist BS ever again)

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, it's because they didnt't have the clasification system that we do today.

They just saw something with wings and categorised it with other winged animals., and called it a bird - It's basic.

Man was young, unaware of the explanation for many natural phenomenon. He thought punishment was sent from the sky-being in the form of disease or geological events. This type of nonsense cannot be believed by a thinking person.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

we can't verify most of the metaphysical and supernatural claims

define supernatural. i think this is a sticky point, from which many different views have emerged.

some see it as another way of saying, nature augmented by technology.
some see it as another way of saying, nature augmented by deeper knowledge, such as manipulating matter (mind over matter), and in effect, would fall under the heading of magic, magick, spirituality, and other religious concepts.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

they didn't call it a bird. they called it a fowl, which classified flying things, including bats, birds, insects, and other flying "Creatures." you read what i posted right? if you just want to talk to yourself, i can go. lol

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
As a writer who has interaction with public and could potentially change someone's mind, i can't believe you don't find a guilt in your heart, for trying to make the bible sound better than it is, for suggesting this nonsense could be true, and blackholes and such like verify some verses in scripture.

It's a book that attempts to rationalise EVERYTHING, this is not possible, we can't prove a God.

The bible attempts to carry out what no man, institution or cult can do; reveal knowledge of the unknown, without evidence.

Scientology does the same, fortune tellers do the same, mediums do the same, psycics do the same. It's all cold reading, cunning linguistics and half-baked pseudo-philosophy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

i was responding to your comments. what did you want me to do, pretend like i didn't know any differently? are you sure you even want to discuss this subject? to me it sounds like you just want to gripe at anybody that will listen and that fits your realllllllllllllllllllly broad brush strokes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, quite the opposite; To put an interest or even a faith in biblical scripture, You have to disregard man's immaturity and/or lack of knowledge, you have to insist that all versions of the bible are severely mistranslated, or that claims to fact are just "metaphors"

I'm interested to see how far you'd go to defend a bible that incites genocide, genital mutilation and the treatment of women as domesticated animals. Probably mistranslation though?
edit on 13/3/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

nope, i believe the references to genocide, etc are real. some i believe are misunderstood and some are apparent examples of what happens when people become so obsessed with a world view, that literally nothing else matters.

you ain't heard this song till you've heard it on heavy metal cellos

edit on 13-3-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Heard it
. One of my favourite songs. Much prefer Apocolyptica's version than Metallica's (i think) Much more epic and classy.

Another one of my favourites. So why the video?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

dunno, felt lead to post it. popped into my head when i wrote the last few words, "nothing else matters." so i looked up the song without stating metallica and noticed apocalyptica had a version. now i had heard their "hall of the mountain king" (my daughter is a cellist) so i thought wooo, i will listen and if it's good, i'll post it instead of the metallica version. and, it was good.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"Nothing Else Matters" is my point i guess; to believe in religion you have to accept that nothing else matters but the path of God. This can create an apocolyptic mind set
- Just look at the Westboro Baptist Church and their evil preaching.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

but that's ignoring the really awesome people you can find in any belief system or world view.
and i can't afford to do that. i dunno why you would want to.

first statement in the video: free will. trump card.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Thanks, you took the words right out of my keyboard

OK you may call it Communism, it's nothing to do with what happened in Russia, this is a worldwide society, it's the only workable theory. Yes, there will eventually be a 'new world order' but it has to come naturally.
Eventually people will see that putting someone (anyone) in a position of great power is a bad idea, better leave it to the computers

Those who shout 'commie' will soon change their tune when they are cold & hungry, & everyone around them will be a lot less cold or hungry because they will be working for each other, not being wage-slaves of the big multinationals, or being literal slaves in a dictatorship.
Take your pick, i intend NOT to be cold & hungry, & if that means putting my principles to one side, working freely with others to provide that comfort, then that's what i will do.
The alternative is 100 years of misery & tribal wars, people have had enough of THAT, so we are seeking a peaceful solution, is that so bad?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
As a writer who has interaction with public and could potentially change someone's mind, i can't believe you don't find a guilt in your heart, for trying to make the bible sound better than it is, for suggesting this nonsense could be true, and blackholes and such like verify some verses in scripture.

It's a book that attempts to rationalise EVERYTHING, this is not possible, we can't prove a God.

The bible attempts to carry out what no man, institution or cult can do; reveal knowledge of the unknown, without evidence.

Scientology does the same, fortune tellers do the same, mediums do the same, psycics do the same. It's all cold reading, cunning linguistics and half-baked pseudo-philosophy.

lol, you just got beat up with your own copy and pastes and now you appeal to intellectual integrity? ROFL
dude, you are showing your bias and losing all your cool.
It is you that is intellectually bent towards one outcome and you are attempting to force your bias onto everything you read and post on.
You are aware that all your claims just vanished into the facts that destroyed them.
Your copy and paste skills are found wanting.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by undo

No, quite the opposite; To put an interest or even a faith in biblical scripture, You have to disregard man's immaturity and/or lack of knowledge, you have to insist that all versions of the bible are severely mistranslated, or that claims to fact are just "metaphors"

I'm interested to see how far you'd go to defend a bible that incites genocide, genital mutilation and the treatment of women as domesticated animals. Probably mistranslation though?

so far you are transfering and projecting your own biblical illiteracy onto others here that are your intellectual superiors on the subject. Instead you now are attempting to equate your ignorance on the subject onto others and its you that has been corrected in almost every post you make.
So where is the evidence you are learning from this correction?
Nope, you are now even more headstrong and have resorted to casting insults at those that are attempting to correct your flawed logic you gleaned from your flawed sorces.
Thats what you get when you trust a source you googled to win a enet arg.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't ignore great people who believe, similarly i don't ignore great people who don't believe. Charity, modesty, altruism are concepts that exist without assuming a creator, and if a creator was proved wrong tommorow we'd still have to work together to build a just civilisation.

And we do, it's called secular society, it encompasses both believers and non-believers and removes theocratic prejudice that would otherwise encroach on the business of the state.

Try forming a secular society in Iran or even declaring your lack of belief.

As you well know, i'm an anti-theist - I don't see organised religion or half-baked theories as a good thing for humanity. I don't think unfalsifiable theories passed off as truth is a good thing either (fortune tellers, "psycics", tarot card readers, mediums). I don't think religion's "good" points make up for the the "bad" points and again, i assert why submit to something without evidence, even if it threatens with hellfire? This is evil preaching, we need to stop teaching it to our children.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

LOL. Cool story bra. I listed many contradictions, I sourced a detailed infographic in which you can find all the relevant contradictions with the scriptural reference. I didn't appeal to intellectual integrity you smug loser, I'm just participating in debate - Deal with it.

If you've got something to provide other than to comment on my debate technique, then do so

Oh yeah, if you want to add to the debate, rather than trying to analyse my posts then here's the source:-

www.project-reason.org...

Enjoy

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

i like my half-baked theories. they are cemented in ancient history and artifacts.
i find the pursuit of more information on the subject, at least better than watching tv, and
not nearly as mind numbing as player vs. player world of warcraft for 8 hours straight. lol
heal, run, heal, run, heal heal, eeeeek, healhealheal ruuuuun, ..........resurrect in grave yard,
ad nauseum. for 8 hours. fun for a bit, but really, you should encourage me to continue
my intellectual studies. otherwise, i'll add to general malaise of the planet, rather than add to
the general intellectual curiosity.

or

abovetopsecret.com...

p.s. that is not me playing wow in that video, but it approximates what i was talking about.......for 8 hours straight.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
and more p.s. i wouldn't have used those music pieces in my priest pvp video either. lol mine would be more like

linky
www.youtube.com...

anyway, i think you have too many stereotypes stuck in your head.
amiright?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't intend to discourage academic study, quite the opposite; I appreciate the scientific, skeptical approach - We would never find the "best" theory if nobody was skeptical. We'd just be happy with any old theory, and i don't believe that's very progressive and I don't think this is the best approach for the pursuit of truth.

Eesh - that does look rather wearing on the soul....

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

but it does have science in it. science, archaeology, history, etymology, linguistics,
ancient texts, ancient languages, etc. it isn't "Backwards". it's presenting the idea that
thousands of years ago, what we are just now figuring out, some people already knew.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join