It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I will be watching this thread. My pets were acting very needy last night, even climbing up in my lap and giving neck hugs as if to climb inside me for protection. Big dogs, btw.

Never done it before but I figured it was the M@X flares.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Let me start by saying that I am a writer first. A sloppy writer who doesn't look back and rarely edits. I don't have time. Forgive all the mangled sentences and errors. I'm sure you'll get the gist of what I'm trying to express.

You are too hard on yourself.

I enjoy reading what you post and am thankful that you have been 'putting two and two together' with these various occurrences in and around Arkansas.

edit on 16-2-2011 by butcherguy because: added missing you.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
To everyone reading concerned with my numerology: I am not making a prophecy or prediction.

I did not mean to frighten anyone and I should remove that date from my post. The number 27 is important to me but I have no substantial proof or evidence of anything otherwise. I do know that many biblical scholars call for May 2011 to be the biblical "rapture". I also know there are 2 very large RV's driving around with huge lettering on the side: "REPENT NOW END TIMES MAY 2011" Now I don't know very many sane people that would paint over a $250,000 RV for craps and giggles. There also happened to be a very large coincidence of many national emergency groups preparing for May 2011. There also happens to be a larger and larger amount of seismic and harmonic disturbance. Given the information and making my own opinions based on the matters... I used MY OWN numerology to make this guess.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What's not normal is 5000 birds falling from the sky. Let us not forget the bird kills in Arkansas. It's connected.

If those birds are connected then the ones from Missouri are connected as well. There where two reported bird findings in Missouri during the January bird die off. One just off the I-44 ramp in Sullivan Mo and another one a week before about 65 miles north that received no national attention....

Map location www.bing.com...

Now if we consider (or believe) the Alabama and Louisiana bird deaths are related................Then the magnitude of this potential disaster will be grand……….
edit on 16-2-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

Hmmm.

Uh, thanks.
edit on 16-2-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Robin... in my short time here as an active member (although around much longer as a lurker)... I don't find any of your posts to come across as "fear mongering".

You put a lot of research and a lot of thought into the things that you share. You have proven yourself over and over. And with the help of others here that I see on a regular basis (westcoast, puterman, berkleygal) to name a few, through even more research and insight from everyone combined, the information that is put forth, is beyond amazing! And let me put it out there again... NO ONE within this group, are "fear mongers".

This is a phenomenal group of folks who gather together here on ATS, to share their research and thoughts, bounce ideas off of each other, and most importantly, are here to EDUCATE and INFORM and potentially HELP everyone who is reading in the background. Period.

So I for one would like to thank you, Robin... and the rest of you who share regularly... for all the hard work, time and energy you put into these issues. THANK YOU!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Here here!

I second all of that. The regulars of the Quake, Rubinesque, Volcano, and Yellowstone threads are awesome with amazing knowledge. Thanks Robin, and thanks to the rest of ya's!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I third that motion! I think Robin and the rest of this informative gang of researchers turn what could sometimes be confused with the National Enquirer into a bona fide news source (won't name a particular outlet since that would be insulting). I also lurk more than contribute but it's folks like Robin and his crew that keep me interested because it is actual facts they put forth without fearmongering and speculation. Great job guys!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well since were giving out kudo's, I have to say that I too have learned so much in the year I've been here regarding earthquakes and etc.. I won't name all, they know who they are.
I tend not to post because as soon as I think I understand something I realize I must do more. I truly appreciate the work being done here. I know we all complain about the young ones around here but they too are learning.

Thank you all.

By the way, someone who we haven't heard from in a long time is Phage. He hasn't been around since November. I hope he comes back. He might seem to be abit ruff around the edges buts he's a very smart person. I saw someone say he might be under a different name now.

Where are ya Phage?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Thank you all.

But I do speculate. Before that, I research.

Must read the following. I finally found real investigative reporting.

www.nytimes.com...

I have lots of ideas. And at the moment they're all crashing into each. So I need to investigate the 1980 swarm. Technical stuff. ENE vs WNW trends in the faults. But it's a clue.

I love it when I find validation of my ideas when I research. For example, I've written about my concerns that the fracking as speed up the process and may make the next series of large quakes happen all within a very short timeframe. Well, when you read the article, you realize that's just what Scott Ausbrooks says. Read both pages. Note the reporter refers to them as squiggly lines. Scott Ausbrooks said, "“What you could be looking at is a case where the strain was already there,” he said. “You’d be fast-forwarding the clock.”

There's proof I'm on the ball. And did notice that they've got deep well injection disposal. Proven to cause earthquakes. The gas companies are omitting that fact. Please someone find the Colorado study where the army did an experiment and found they could cause earthquakes.

I am speculate. But I am not doing so carelessly. I have my ducks in a row and am leading them to water. I am reporting. And damn, damn, damn, hot damn, we're not all dead. I found at least one reporter who is doing their job. Read. Read. Read.

I'm avoiding those that want to know about when I think a big one, or ones, will happen. I have an idea- but I need to look into that frost quake. Anyone want to post info on that so I faster track down my thoughts and see if the would water. Water on the brain. It's about water. Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink. Because it's full of gas. If you want a clue and beat me to the punch, if you've been ready my tirades, then you know where I'm going. Research the tides. That will be your introduction to my theories.

Please keep the buzz going. The quakes are still chiming. Holy mother, I just checked to see what's going on, Check for yourself. I need to go for a little walkie.

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cwt8466

Im not sure why you cant say more, since you can get this on the internet, but I will post it for you.

National Level Exercise 2011

May 16-20, 2011

The purpose of National Level Exercise 2011 (NLE 2011) is to prepare and coordinate a multiple-jurisdictional integrated response to a national catastrophic event – specifically a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ).

www.ready.gov...

And I am in Nashville, and neither myself nor my pets, nor any of the random wildlife I see is acting oddly at all atm. I know I am a bit far from Memphis, but just thought I would add that little tidbit. All feels and seems well in middle Tennessee for the time being.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The biggest of the swarm just hit. Not on the lists yet. Guessing 3+. The lists are not complete. There are dozens and dozens of smaller quakes that are occuring and the geologists have not reviewed them yet. I haven't even had time to make a rough count. Hell it might end up to be a gross. That's a dozen dozen. I learn that when I was teaching my son. Learning if fun.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am curious as to others opinion on the dangers to people that live in a small Southern Illinois town, close to the New Madrid Fault. We do not have any tall buildings, and very few bridges. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Robin, I don't know what you do for a living...but I know what you SHOULD be doing. Tell me there is somebody working for the government for the USGS or some such agency that is also tracking all this? Why wouldn't the fracking be halted when it seems to be bringing on a catastrophe? Have you put forth your ideas (especially after being right on Yellowstone) to anybody in the government?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Good catch Robin. It is definitely jumping.

www.iris.washington.edu...

Edit:

This just popped up:

Magnitude 3.5
Date-Time Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 21:46:17 UTC
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 03:46:17 PM at epicenter

Location 35.270°N, 92.407°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region ARKANSAS

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 16-2-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You were right Robin....3.5

Magnitude 3.5
Date-Time Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 21:46:17 UTC
Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 03:46:17 PM at epicenter

Location 35.270°N, 92.407°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 5 km (3 miles) NNW (340°) from Greenbrier, AR
5 km (3 miles) SSE (164°) from Twin Groves, AR
9 km (6 miles) NNE (29°) from Wooster, AR
60 km (37 miles) N (353°) from Little Rock, AR
420 km (261 miles) SSW (208°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 9.5 km (5.9 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 31, Nph= 46, Dmin=11.1 km, Rmss=1.43 sec, Gp= 54°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=5
Source U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Event ID usb0001fd3

What is begining to concern me a bit more are the sizes of these most current quakes today. I have been assuming all the micro quakes in the GUY area are from fracking. I think that is VERY feasable.

These larger quakes though...as Robin is theorizing, I think lead credence to that perhpas the fracking is causing a BIGGER fracture in the area that is now leading to true earthquakes. Geez...
edit on 16-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

EDIT TO ADD: I just thought of this. Anyone living near these manned gas wells pay close attention. If you see any of them suddenly start to bug out of there...well, then it is time to do the same.

edit on 16-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

We be quick

I was adding it to my other post at the same time as you.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Was outside around 30 minutes ago and felt the 3.5 that just happened. I'm about 40 miles away

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Both Yellowstone and New Madrid are overdue for a big one. If they both pop at the same time it will be a "shake and bake" moment for America.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, Robin - having just seen the few Arkansas quakes come in I logged on to ATS to find your thread. I knew if you were starting a thread about these events there must be something more to it.. great thread!

After our recent 7.1 here in NZ local areas were devastated by liquefaction, in some cases more than those that were shaken, because their houses sank and their property/ground rendered no good for future building (and no-one would insure it anyway). Small sand volcanoes ruptured through roads and property. It was a hellish clean up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join