It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Certainly not my intention to add to your already high stress level. My heart goes out to you especially in light of what you've already endured.

Stay safe

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Just loaded some stuff in the van ready to load dogs, kid, cat and call hubby if needed.

Have you thought about all the bridges we have around here? How many would crumble if we had a BIG quake?
Think of the I-430 bridge across the Arkansas River disappearing.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Those are double and triple taps happening. The first of a double or first two of the triple are much smaller than the final jolt

bang BANG
bang bang BANG

That's disturbing. I am reminded of calving hunks of ice off a glacier, you hear several rumbling cracks befornthe explosive crash wherein the hunk of ice falls into the water.

Sorry guys, but I agree. It seems to be building up again. That dang GEE strip is starting to look like an EKG!!! (here comes another little on as I type). At this moment, I can see a 2.7 or so, with one in the 2.0 range right behind it and then two more smaller ones following up. No clear spot on the screen.

From susan and Kathy's accounts the ground really seems to be humming right now and the seismos are starting to reflect it. Ofcourse, I wasn't watching during the odd period you guys were talking about. Did anyone happen to get a screen shot? If it looked like big, ocean waves I have been seeing that periodically and it seems to preclude a larger quake. It's doing it a little bit in beween these quakes right now on W40A.

I don't know...just seems like a whole lotta unrest (more than there has been) right now.

How are the animals behaving there? Are you guys feeling sick or ears ringing?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yes my right ear is aching and headache.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
another little shake

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Susan, sorry. I missed your comment about packing while I was posting.

All I can say is that I hope this day too will pass without anything major happening. BUT...follow your gut. If nothing else, you may need a rest mentally from all that is happening. A person can only take so much. I supose that is the ONLY downfall to being so aware of what is happening! People around you may be in the ignorant bliss that our Government seems to want them in, while you are painfully aware.

Go with your gut though..,I think we still need to listen to our instincts. Oh man.....another one.....

edit on 3-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

My ears were ringing steady last night, and today I'm having nausea and dizziness. Anyone else?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I live in Washington State, but I am dizzy and my ears wont stop ringing. Similar to how I felt prior to the Haiti and Chili quakes. Of course, I could just be getting sick too...

I think those of you near all of this though should start asking the people around you if they are experiencing the same symptoms as you.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yes. And migraine when I woke up. My normal migraine meds aren`t having any effect. I normaly only have 1 migraine every 2 or 3 weeks. Has been constant to varying degrees since this mess started.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Question: So how many quakes can you count here today in the past four hours?

Answer: WAAAAAAAAY too many!
edit on 3-3-2011 by westcoast because: smaller image

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Corollary question:
How many are multiple hit quakes?
again, way too many.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I can imagine.....my thoughts are with you....try not to let it stress you too much. I got like that during the GOM thing when people were saying we would have a tsunami and all that. I had to stay off here for a few days because I was so upset I felt sick. I'm glad you are prepared though.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Is anyone monitoring temp rise in that area,
the bang,, bang,, BANG,, sounds the same as ,,well if anyone has ever worked high press. steam ie boilers,, would immediately , know that sound,

My advice if the ground is shaking ,, go for a nice drive to the high country, where its denser in ground layer.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Nasa anybody,, Temp. Rise ?? you know friction/heat/psi ,, maybe a nice thermal image from 5 mins ago versus this mornig?? Anything like that possible ,,anyone??

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

My animals have been restless the last two days. I have had odd headaches (in the temple regions) which I never have had before and an overall "drained and sometime nauseated feeling." The house "pops" like it is settling all the time, but it feels more like pops from a pressure variation of sorts.

The little "jiggles" I feel don't bother me so much, it's when the "sliding feeling" happens which makes me kinda sick to my stomach like being sea-sick, and I don't get sea sickness. My attention is heightened and I notice all sorts of things, and I hope a big quake doesn't happen. I have the feeling that we are moving through some wierd space-time density fluctuation, as a whole (planet.) I did find some odd seismograph charts from the 28th to the 1st of March, which looked really damned odd to me.

Sometime I think they are sending some kind of communication through lower frequencies they are so remarkably like waveforms of audio it's not even funny.

Here is the wierd seismographic charts, what do you think?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

Oh, the dreaded "pipecleaners" -- aka "caterpillars"!

Nothing to get worried about. We've seen the same kind of weird-looking trace on one of the webis over in Yellowstone, at station LKWY (one the webis near the Lake there). It's a glitch, caused by interference. In the case of the Y'stone glitch it's apparently the generator that keeps the batteries charged up for the webi. Kicks in at regular intervals and messes up the trace.

I would be prepared to bet that in the cases you've posted this is something similar. There is probably a piece of equipment there that's interfering with signals. In any case I'm pretty sure it's not an actual seismic trace of any kind.

Here, take a look at the LKWY webi at Yellowstone. It's still doing this (after more than two years)! Yes, it's not as pronounced as the ones you've posted but there are a range of reasons why that can be so, including the sensitivity of the equipment and the strength of the interference. (EDIT: click back at the top of the LKWY page to the date Feb 28. It's much clearer there. And like I say, we checked it out about two years ago and it's not a seismic event at all.)

Thankfully, it's not something that we need to worry over, which is just as well with all that's going on.

Another EDIT to add: these things can also be intermittent. They just come and go at the affected station. It's always helpful to check other webis or seismos in the same region, because typically, they won't show the weird trace as they don't have the same glitch.

BTW Robin is also familiar with the "pipecleaners" on the LKWY webi in Yellowstone and will likely confirm what I've said if you ask him.

Best regards,

Mike

edit on 3/3/11 by JustMike because: I added an edit. Okay, two edits.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey folks,

I'm so terribly sorry for those of you in the area. Stay safe, stay strong and definitely follow your instincts!!!

I just had a thought go through my mind so I'm sharing it. Going out to everyone to ponder, but to those of you especially in the affected areas.

Considering all the media attention this week, and now the emergency meetings being called, and I truly do believe WE COLLECTIVELY had a huge influence on all that, so WTG!!! Anyway... the frequency in quakes, not to mention size, has definitely been on the increase today. Could it be possible that the gas companies have ramped up production/work on the wells in the past day or so, (especially today) with the potential threat looming overhead of a possible shut down?!?!

Obviously we hope that will happen... but I'm just wondering. So those of you nearby... have you noticed increased road traffic heading to and from the direction of wells in your areas?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I live near Fort Smith and I woke up this morning with a horrible headache...still hurts, too, even after taking Tylenol 2 hours ago.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

You would have to cross the Mississippi, Arkansas or Red Rivers to go east, south or west. That may not be a choice as there will be damage to the smaller bridges as well as the large ones and roads. It may mean going straight north and hoping the roads are not affected that direction. If it goes, there could be fires and electrical lines down as well. They obviously have had a problem here with phone and internet today as we have gone down a couple of times and my phone sounds like a party line with a lot of bleed over in it. So things are being affected wether they are related or not I don't know. Yes it's very stressful and trying to keep a cool head as I am very uneasy. I don't like what I'm seeing on GEE and the double and triple hits don't help at all.

I hope they did not turn up the production with the fracking but that could be a possibility too, had not thought about that one. Has anyone heard where the emergency meeting was going to be held at. I'd like to go and be outside at least as I'm sure they won't let anyone in.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just regarding the whether to stay inside or outside option if a big one hits...when the 6.3 Chch earthquake hit everyone was told to get out of any unsafe buildings, that it was better to wait outside than in. Having seen all the images from the chch quake, some of those buildings were completely crushed, while others are just hanging in there. Also having experienced many earthquakes in the Taranaki region, we learnt fast not to muck around, w ejust got out. I believe it's much safer outside no matter where you are. If you can...get your kids and run outside...fast!
edit on 3-3-2011 by kiwiNZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join